PDA

View Full Version : Lost in Translation

Scotty_ffgamer
12-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Let's discuss one of the greatest films of the century. There you go, Shorty.:colbert:

I Took the Red Pill
12-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Anyone who likes Lost in Translation should check out the movies of Wong Kar Wai. I highly recommend Chungking Express. It's got that same impressionistic splattering of colors mixed with a melancholy that's difficult to describe. Also, I can never hear California Dreamin' without thinking about that movie now.

Spuuky
12-09-2013, 06:02 PM
I really, really dislike this movie. It's one of my very least favorites.

I really can't stand movies about depressingly awful human beings who aren't even doing something important (to distinguish them from awful human beings who are, like Stalin or whatever example you want - at least they are interesting).

Of course, I also often dislike movies in which nothing happens. They rest on the characters, so if I hate the characters, I'm not really going to like the movie. This is a perfect example. I wish they had all died in a fire.

Shorty
12-09-2013, 06:37 PM
I love this movie because it is a moment in time for two people who will probably never see eachother again. It's different than all of the traditional "love" stories (I wouldn't call this a love story) and it is completely outside the box with happy endings. I like it a lot.

noxious.sunshine
12-09-2013, 06:42 PM
I love Lost in Translation...

Its such a good movie, but I havebt seen it in yeaaarrrss. Must go watch now!

I'm a huge fan of Bill Murray. I think he's amazing.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-09-2013, 06:46 PM
This is my first time hanging out on the forums on my phone. I hate typing on this thing...

I really loved this movie when I saw it mainly for the reasons Shorty mentioned. I can definitely see why people wouldn't like it, but I love slice of life type stories, and this is a unique, really well told one.