PDA

View Full Version : Highly Annoying Characters

Elskidor
12-09-2013, 08:01 PM
We have enough favorite or top dog of Final Fantasy threads out there, but what's your opposite? Have any characters that you find the most annoying or all around pointless? Tidus and Vaan seem to come up the most often, but I know there are a lot more than just those two poster boys for annoying out there.

Carl the Llama
12-09-2013, 08:10 PM
I cant be the only one who hates Zell with a passion can I? Tidus I like and Vaan, I don't really care about him enough to hate him lol.

Ayen
12-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Snow is the only one that comes to mind.

Sephiroth
12-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Sorn & Thorn, Eiko & Wakka.

Cloud is annoying in every VII sequel/prequel because they turned him into a generally wussy or depressing character. Ugh. I liked him so much more in the original game. So, so much more.

He is exactly how he is normally without confabulating and reacting to what he experiences.

Shorty
12-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Vanille and Selphie. But mostly Vanille.

Jinx
12-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Honestly, I really can't stand Cid Highwind. I know everyone loves him, but he's not a character I personally enjoy. I can't stand Quina or Amarant from FFIX, and I'm not a fan of Wakka from FFX.

And basically the entire cast of FFVIII.

Miriel
12-09-2013, 10:41 PM
I had to stop playing FFXIII because of Vanille. Just could not stand her or her voice. Uughghghg.

Black Magic Shopkeeper
12-09-2013, 10:58 PM
For me it has to be uh...
Cloud.

Spoilered because people might not like my opinion:

I'm sorry but he's just too overwrought all the time. And while I understand Squall is a teenager with his annoying hormones of annoyingness (which actually makes him likable to me), Cloud has to be the one with the total woobie-like nature and angsty teenage-type hormonal traits that just don't stack up because he's TWENTY-ONE.

maybee
12-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Honestly, I really can't stand Cid Highwind. I know everyone loves him, but he's not a character I personally enjoy.

This so much ^

Also can't stand Vaan, Penelo, Wakka, Lightning and Snow

For me it has to be uh...
Cloud.
Spoilered because people might not like my opinion:

Silly, it's a Forum we go here to post our ideas and thoughts on here and our opinions, I like Cloud but not everybody else can.

Shaibana
02-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Snow
ow man do i hate that guy. his 'hero' atitude anoys me as hell.

Selphie, she is never in my team unless i have too

blackmage_nuke
02-03-2014, 04:55 AM
Vanille and her stupid voice.

Bubba
02-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Wakka and Cait Sith.

I would set fire to them both and urinate on the ashes.

magemasher
02-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Snow and Hope no reason needed.

When I tried playing ff8 in the past I hated Zell. Now I'm playing through he's grown on me so much that he's in my main line up.

Rinoa annoys me as she "has feelings for Seifer" and now she's after Squall at the point in the game I'm at.

Every character on FFX-2 especially the comic villains.

Moogles 13/13-2 and Sazh's hair chocobo.

Fitting that my 100th post is on a subject close to my heart (things that annoy me hahaha)

Shaibana
02-03-2014, 02:51 PM
Sazh's hair chocobo.

*shrugs*

noxious.sunshine
02-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Penelo and Vaan. I hate them.

The entire cast of XIII & XIII-2

YEAP.

BlueD
02-03-2014, 07:46 PM
wow didn't know there was so much hate out there for Wakka.. Brother was absolutely HORRIBLE in X-2.. I really didn't care for anyone in X-2

magemasher
02-03-2014, 08:01 PM
^^^^^^^^^Yeah possibly the worst character ever, he is redeemed slightly with his awesomeness on X at Blitzball.

magemasher
02-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Sazh's hair chocobo.

*shrugs*

The point of that post?

Ayen
02-03-2014, 08:22 PM
wow didn't know there was so much hate out there for Wakka.. Brother was absolutely HORRIBLE in X-2.. I really didn't care for anyone in X-2

I think it's a combination of Wakka's accent, the repeated use of 'ya' and his prejudice that makes him so disliked.

Pumpkin
02-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Hope and Snow ohmigaaaaaaawwshhhhhh ahhhhhhh

Picture me rolling around the floor in pain.

Aeris.

The worst part about Snow is I wanted to like him because he seemed like a nice sweet guy, but then he would talk and it was just ugh.

Can't really think of anyone else I found annoying really. Some I liked more than others but I think that's it for annoying.

BlueD
02-03-2014, 08:49 PM
^^^^^^^^^Yeah possibly the worst character ever, he is redeemed slightly with his awesomeness on X at Blitzball.

i do admire him and his blitzball stats in X

and Tori you do have a point now that I think about it he was a little annoying always preaching about Yevon and their teachings and blah blah... I think its his appearance that I like about him he was just always one of my favorite characters to play with in X

Ergroilnin
02-03-2014, 09:52 PM
I absolutely hate Irvine for being chicken wuss + hitting on everything that has a vagina and brother for well, being a pure retard.

black orb
02-04-2014, 07:10 AM
>>> Hate a character and being the most annoying are 2 different things.
Lets see, the character that annoyed me the most was Genesis from FF7 CC.
That book with crappy poetry (or whatever it was) was just..:barf:..:luca:

Fynn
02-04-2014, 07:29 AM
Gonna go with Tidus. If one of the first line you hear from him is "I want food!", you know you're in for a rough ride. Also, his character "development" makes him even worse in my eyes. "Hey, suddenly I'm a selfless hero and will die for everybody despite never coming to terms with my initial self-centeredness! Hurray!"

Ergroilnin
02-04-2014, 07:34 AM
>>> Hate a character and being the most annoying are 2 different things.

Obviously I meant I hate them for how much they annoy me. Duh.

Mercen-X
02-04-2014, 09:37 AM
I haven't played the first six games enough to cast a declarative vote.

VII: Palmer, Yuffie
DoC: Shalua, Lucretia
AC: Loz
VIII: Raijin, Rinoa
IX: Queen Brahne, Amarant

Pumpkin
02-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Oh, gosh I forgot about Tidus.

Shaibana
02-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Sazh's hair chocobo.

*shrugs*

The point of that post?

how can you hate that cute little chocobo? :'(

magemasher
02-05-2014, 01:06 AM
I was a 22 year old man at the time, cute chocobo's didn't and still don't do it for me, sorry:)

I'm a huge fan of ff9's choco though, he one bad ass chocobo.

TrollHunter
02-05-2014, 08:09 AM
Oh, gosh I forgot about Tidus.

You... you can forget about Tidus? I'm quite envious.
I thought after playing FFX his face was permanently burned into everyones retinas?
http://www.bar2ayunie.com/images/Final_Fantasy/Final_Fantasy_X/Storyline/Tidus_pulled.jpg

OT: Probably... Rikku from X-2. No, let me rephrase that. Everyone in X-2 drove me to the brink of insanity.

maybee
02-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Cid FF II- Making you pay for Airship rides, sometimes to very expensive prices. You can choose to walk, but FF II battles can be rough sometimes.

Cid FF VII- Most people here like him, and that's okay, though I can't stand how borderline domestic abusive he is towards Shera. Sometimes I just wanna smack him and hug Shera.

Cid FF VIII- Coward, leaving Squall to lead the school during the war between the main schools. Squall is just a seventeen year old boy.

Zell FF VIII- Very hyperactive, sometimes shouting, and screaming. I can manage how much worst it would be if he had a voice, it would be like Tidus x 2000.

Eiko FF IX- I like her, but she is very annoying.

Tidus FF X- Nothing here needs to be explained, we know that this fella is annoying.

Wakka FF X- RACIST DOUCHE

Vaan FF XII- Tidus 2. 0

Loony BoB
02-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Tidus, Yuna, Seymour. Those three ruined FFX.

Yuffie had her annoying moments, and while I don't think "annoying" is the right word, I really didn't like Aeris much in FFVII. I liked Aerith in Crisis Core, though! Go figure. Speaking of Crisis Core - Genesis, oh man, he could get annoying.

Hope isn't as bad as any of the above, but he still has enough moments to make me consider him as "an annoying character".

Cloud is annoying in every VII sequel/prequel because they turned him into a generally wussy or depressing character. Ugh. I liked him so much more in the original game. So, so much more.

I didn't mind Zell so much, but Irvine annoyed me on occasion.

Eiko could be very annoying at times. I guess I just don't like kid characters in main parties, really. :p

Oh, and Krille. Get the hell out of my FFV and give me more Galuf, dammit. ;_;

Shaibana
02-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Genesis, oh man, he could get annoying.

aww god yes :l
he and his stipid loveless quotes

BlueD
02-06-2014, 08:26 PM
FFIX- Zorn and Thorn

magemasher
02-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Raijin, "Ya know":mad2:

sir helix
02-11-2014, 09:19 AM
Ai and yu, from unlimited.
Butz from V, Wakka, the Intire cast of VI minus setzer/Locke.

maybee
02-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Forgot about Genesis, he ruined Crisis Core for me, uaghuh.

Calliope
02-17-2014, 07:49 PM
It was very difficult for me to play through the accents of Vanille and Fang.

Forsaken Lover
03-09-2014, 10:33 PM
I got nothing against cutesy girls in mah JRPGs so "the usual suspects" of Vanille only made me smile.

It was Tidus who really got me irritated but here is the distinction between hate and annoyance - Tidus was SUPPOSED to be annoying. He's kinda dumb, in a whole new world, and totally out of his environment of being Mr. Cool. He's an attention-seeking prat for the most part and that's what they were clearly going for.

So while Tidus bugs me, it doesn't prevent me from seeing him as a fine enough character.

Spooniest
03-10-2014, 03:40 PM
I'm gonna go with Yuffie. It's a special kind of irritant who manages to piss of the CAST OF THE GAME IN WHICH SHE APPEARS.

Barret at one point muses on his wish to take her out...what could have been.

Jiro
03-12-2014, 09:44 AM
so much hate in here wow xD

I don't know about annoying. Maybe Brother. His weirdness was a tad overdone for my liking and some of the Japanese flavour didn't translate for me. I can (generally) always see the intent and so I find it hard to actively dislike a character for being annoying. Like, Zell is meant to be super energetic and that pisses Squall off, but I don't care, it doesn't bother me. Yuffie is meant to be an insufferable little punk who steals your shit and she does that well so I can't hold it against her; it works. I dunno.

Vic 2.0
03-12-2014, 02:12 PM
I can't think of anything Vaan does that's annoying, really; I think people just wanted something different. But I would say Tidus was definitely annoying. Wakka annoyed me a bit too, and then of course from FF13 there was Snow and the queen of them all Vanille!

Pumpkin
03-12-2014, 05:22 PM
I don't know about annoying. Maybe Brother. His weirdness was a tad overdone for my liking and some of the Japanese flavour didn't translate for me.

Gullwings! We rock you!

LunarWeaver
03-12-2014, 08:56 PM
Vaan and Penelo aren't annoying to me as characters, but their presence in my party annoyed me. They could and should have been replaced by people more relevant and interesting. Vaan at one point even says he's "just along for the ride." He serves no purpose. I can't think of a time Ashe acknowledged Penelo even exists.

Vic 2.0
03-12-2014, 10:45 PM
Vaan and Penelo aren't annoying to me as characters, but their presence in my party annoyed me. They could and should have been replaced by people more relevant and interesting.

Really? I liked how there was this avatar for the most part separated from the main storyline. It was a nice change of pace that we can at least say few saw coming. I mean, it's always the young rebellious type guy who saves the day in most of these FF games. And though I love them all, especially FF6-FF9 which all fit perfectly with this predictable scheme, I found it refreshing to play a Final Fantasy that wasn't about this guy we'd seen so many variations of already.