PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Location

Aulayna
12-09-2013, 10:42 PM
There's always one area, town, city or cave that players find to be their favourite. Somewhere they might randomly go back too for no real progression reason, other than they liked the music, or the aesthetics or even the residents.

Which areas were your favourite place in the world of Spira?

For me I really loved Mount Gagazet. I'm always sort of draw to snowy areas in games and I loved the tribal Ronso soundtrack of the area, that also really captured the harshness of the mountain wilderness.

Coincidentally my second favourite area is the Zanarkand Ruins, because the music was sublime and it felt like a journey coming to end, but also had a really melancholic vibe to it as well.

Jinx
12-09-2013, 10:46 PM
My absolute favorite place in this game is Macalania Woods. It's dusk, it's shiny and glimmery, the music is amazing. I hate the part where you have to run through it, because it's easy to get turned around, but it's just gorgeous.

I like Macalania Lake a lot too. It's snowy, and the music isn't bad. I think it's funny that Yuna, Rikku, Wakka, and Tidus have so much skin exposed and they don't so much as flinch. Rikku girl, you are wearing shorts and a tank top, and you come from the dessert. How are you not dying right now?

Elskidor
12-09-2013, 11:38 PM
I like the first town they leave from, and the look of area around that part of the world. Also, the big 'ole field where you ride chocobos is pretty too, so that might be my favorite visually. I like Luca too though. I hate the location where Tidus first arrives in Spira and meets Rikku and gang. Maybe because it's ugly or maybe because I think that section was a bad boring choice, because for me the game does not even start until you leave off with Yuna and company. Oh and ick to Thunder Plains

Pete for President
12-10-2013, 03:23 AM
I CAN'T CHOOSE THEY'RE ALL SO GOOD :stare:

Freya
12-10-2013, 04:10 AM
I really like the look of Luca. It reminds me of that one town in Legend of Dragoon.

But yeah, Macalania woods is beautiful. All sparkly and stuff like what jinx said.

Sephiroth
12-10-2013, 06:12 AM
Besaid Island is somewhere I would live.

Pumpkin
12-10-2013, 06:35 AM
I like Lake Macalania and the Mi'hen Highroad.

Ayen
12-10-2013, 06:38 AM
I like the first town they leave from, and the look of area around that part of the world. Also, the big 'ole field where you ride chocobos is pretty too, so that might be my favorite visually. I like Luca too though. I hate the location where Tidus first arrives in Spira and meets Rikku and gang. Maybe because it's ugly or maybe because I think that section was a bad boring choice, because for me the game does not even start until you leave off with Yuna and company. Oh and ick to Thunder Plains

Dude, apart from the first arrival location (which I was generally just indifferent to) this is everything I would have said.

-high fives-

Pumpkin
12-10-2013, 06:50 AM
I pretty much hated the Thunder Plains. And Guadosalem. Easily my least favorite area in the game.

Ayen
12-10-2013, 07:01 AM
COME AT ME BRO! -gets stuck by lightning-

Scotty_ffgamer
12-10-2013, 07:19 AM
Macalania Woods would be so pretty if we could see it in real life. All I can think about with that location is the stupid ultimate weapon thing you had to do there. I'll have to say my favorite is the Zanarkand Ruins.

Madame Adequate
12-10-2013, 05:01 PM
I love pretty much every location but I think my favorites are Luca, the Calm Lands, and Mt. Gagazet.

Rocket Edge
12-11-2013, 11:18 AM
There is plenty of places that I love in the game but Macalania Woods is just beautiful.

Nebulance
12-11-2013, 05:52 PM
My absolute favorite place in this game is Macalania Woods. It's dusk, it's shiny and glimmery, the music is amazing. I hate the part where you have to run through it, because it's easy to get turned around, but it's just gorgeous.

I like Macalania Lake a lot too. It's snowy, and the music isn't bad. I think it's funny that Yuna, Rikku, Wakka, and Tidus have so much skin exposed and they don't so much as flinch. Rikku girl, you are wearing shorts and a tank top, and you come from the dessert. How are you not dying right now?

Same here! Love Macalania, and the music that goes along with it; really beautiful. Also a big fan of Besaid -- that oceanside small town vibe is very nice.

LadyYunaFFX2
12-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Well ... I'm probably gonna sound out of place but ... oh well.

Kilika

And all for one simple reason ....

The scene with Yuna's first sending .... it was all beautifully well done, from the movements to the music included. It would have been perfect if we didn't hear Tidus's whiny thoughts after she finished. But even with the knowledge that Yuna was sending souls away ... it still gave me a sense of serenity and peace, likely from the fact that when all was said and done, she'd just helped all those souls whom were given eternal rest.

I don't know though, that may just be me like I said.

Nebulance
12-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Well ... I'm probably gonna sound out of place but ... oh well.

Kilika

And all for one simple reason ....

The scene with Yuna's first sending .... it was all beautifully well done, from the movements to the music included. It would have been perfect if we didn't hear Tidus's whiny thoughts after she finished. But even with the knowledge that Yuna was sending souls away ... it still gave me a sense of serenity and peace, likely from the fact that when all was said and done, she'd just helped all those souls whom were given eternal rest.

I don't know though, that may just be me like I said.

This is a good point, that scene is really beautiful! That said, Kilika is mostly under construction after Sin hits... we don't see it come back to life so to speak until FFX-2. In the context of that game, maybe Kilika would be a nice place to live!

Psychotic
12-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Joining the Macalania love, though I did like the Mi'hen Highroad too.