PDA

View Full Version : If Square Enix remade this game in the future

Scotty_ffgamer
12-10-2013, 07:51 AM
The year is 2020. The newest Final Fantasy XIII game was just released in which Lightning has become the most powerful being in the universe because she is Lightning, and it bombed because this is something like the seventh XIII game in a row. Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts III still haven't been released, and Nomura has released a statement that all of the trailers for these games were really just tech demos anyways and would never be released. People have lost faith in Square, and the company is going bankrupt. This is when Square finally listens to one of their developers to an idea he has had, "Let's go back to our roots. Let's take the first game and remake it for modern generations." Square is about to close down its doors, and just like with that first game of the franchise, there is a very high chance that this will really be Square's final fantasy.

Long story short, if Square were to remake the first game for modern audiences on a home console, what would you like to see? How would you expand upon the story that we really only got a taste of with the first game? What would you like the graphics to be like? Discuss!

maybee
12-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Guess give the main characters personalities, but keep everything else the same. Still have the choose your party thing at the beginning and have different endings depending on whom you have in your party, but still keep it so you'll be still be able to pick more than one of the same character, so you can still have a team of 4 White Mages if desires.

Guess make it sort of like FF 3 DS but on the 3 DS or 4 DS or 3 DS 2 or something.

VeloZer0
12-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Some sort of character customization system would certainly be needed. I think a full on job system would kind of ruin the spirit of having it tied to the original, but maybe a 'sub-job' system, where each character has a limited amount of choices on how they can customize their character based on their starting class. Or maybe rip of something like FF9's system, that seemed to work well with static classes.

Loony BoB
12-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Leave the job system as it is in the original. I really, really, really want SE to make a game where you can have massive replay value by giving you the option at the start of how you want to play the entire game, job-wise. It really makes it so very different. Then, to add to all that, I would have them all with different personalities. Sort of like Mass Effect, it could affect the comments made as you go through your journey and you'd get even more replay value. Throw in loads of sidequests and give it a completely redone 3D environment as if it were a brand new game. Throw in a couple of new areas just to boost sidequests, actually. I really think FF1 has a lot of "remake" value without it being just a simple thing. I think there is potential to go full hog and let it be the best game of a new generation. The game has so little that it allows for so much growth in this kind of way.

Elskidor
12-10-2013, 03:20 PM
I suppose it's time to flesh out all the characters, and depending on which classes you chose to take with you changes the game play a little each time through. I wouldn't be opposed to them adding a bit to the game in order to help flesh out characters either, as long as they stick to the roots...it wouldn't be hard, it is a very simple game anyhow.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Leave the job system as it is in the original. I really, really, really want SE to make a game where you can have massive replay value by giving you the option at the start of how you want to play the entire game, job-wise. It really makes it so very different. Then, to add to all that, I would have them all with different personalities. Sort of like Mass Effect, it could affect the comments made as you go through your journey and you'd get even more replay value. Throw in loads of sidequests and give it a completely redone 3D environment as if it were a brand new game. Throw in a couple of new areas just to boost sidequests, actually. I really think FF1 has a lot of "remake" value without it being just a simple thing. I think there is potential to go full hog and let it be the best game of a new generation. The game has so little that it allows for so much growth in this kind of way.

This is part of what I thought with this thread idea. I think more than any other game in the series, this game holds the most potential for a remake/reboot because there is a lot that can be expanded upon. People may want FFVII, but in the end people will be disappointed because of things being changed or taken out of the game. Anyways, all of your ideas are what I was thinking for the remake too.

Dr Unne
12-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Sephiroth kills Black Belt

Sephiroth
12-10-2013, 09:37 PM
The newest Final Fantasy XIII game was just released in which Lightning has become the most powerful being in the universe because she is Lightning, and it bombed because this is something like the seventh XIII game in a row.

It needed only three for that to almost happen in the Final Fantasy XIII universe and I am glad she joins teh big fish of Final Fantasy.

Ayen
12-11-2013, 02:29 PM
I just want them to take pointers from developers like BioWare, Bethesda and Rockstar and give us an actual open world to explore where our decisions actually makes a difference in the gameplay and offers some replay value. I find it crazy that X-2, a game that a lot of people (mainly outside of this forum) didn't like got it right more than some other titles of theirs. I know that style of RPG isn't big over in Japan but they can incorporate similar aspects without making it a complete sandbox that would put off Japanese gamers.

VeloZer0
12-11-2013, 03:39 PM
I won't claim to be in a majority of the market share, but there are still a decent chunk of people like myself who dislike open worlds and game altering decisions. Plus the fact that there are already a whole bunch of game like that. I don't see why all RPGs have to cater to that direction.

Also dialogue/plot choices =/= decisions affecting the gameplay. Something like assigning skills/jobs is a difference that affects the game play. The former are decisions that affect the game progression.