PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Member Calendar

Jinx
12-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Mods, feel free to move this if you think it'd be better in another forum.

I would like to make a member "pin-up" calendar. Basically, you'd take a nice photograph of yourself (or funny, sexy, whatever) and you would choose which month you'd like to be. Ideally, I'd like to do both a male and female version. (And I'd like to claim August for myself).

I found a website where you can make your own calendar, and each calendar costs $9.99. I was thinking of pricing it at $15-20 so that we'd actually be generating some income for EoFF.

Would anyone be interested in taking part in this? Would you buy one? I figure we need to act fast since there's only a few weeks left in the month. If you're interested in taking part, please include which month you would like to do.

Madame Adequate
12-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Buy a calender of EoFFers in bikinis?

Only as long as Raistkini.jpg is in there.

noxious.sunshine
12-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Not in bikinis! Just in General!

Can I have January & send a pic of me and Parker (since both our bdays are January)?? I'll totally do this!

noxious.sunshine
12-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Oh! Ok! Lol It doesn't matter either way. I can do it. I was just curious! P doesn't have to be in it .

CimminyCricket
12-10-2013, 07:45 PM
if Madonna is still here let's talk him into doing another eoff wallpaper and people can download it after a donation is made

also I'd go shirtless for a calendar

Shorty
12-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Places like Walgreens, Walmart and probably Target do this stuff, too!

I will have to ponder about my imagine being used for a calendar xD

CimminyCricket
12-10-2013, 08:03 PM
we'll just throw bootay.jpg on the calendar and call it a day

Shorty
12-10-2013, 08:03 PM
I'll allow it.

Loony BoB
12-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Need a girl one and a guy one so Danielle and I can both be happy. I won't sacrifice my FHM calendar spot for some random blokes!

Yes, I still get my annual FHM calendar.

Also, the more parody this stuff gets, the better. Girls should pose on cars and suck on lollipops, guys should have giant axes resting on their shoulders as they wear flannel shirts and have one foot on a felled tree.

noxious.sunshine
12-10-2013, 08:22 PM
hahahaha Our car will be parked somewhere in a garage.

Shlup
12-11-2013, 02:02 AM
No. Never. I don't want to look at any of your faces.

Other ideas: EoFFer pets, or EoFFer fanart

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-11-2013, 02:04 AM
omgoodness yes. This is a fantastic idea. yesyesyes

Sephex
12-11-2013, 02:05 AM
I had this great idea involving a gun and some powdered sugar, but never mind.

Jiro
12-11-2013, 02:46 AM
Need a girl one and a guy one so Danielle and I can both be happy. I won't sacrifice my FHM calendar spot for some random blokes!

Yes, I still get my annual FHM calendar.

Also, the more parody this stuff gets, the better. Girls should pose on cars and suck on lollipops, guys should have giant axes resting on their shoulders as they wear flannel shirts and have one foot on a felled tree.

That's not parody; that's doing it literal. How about I pose shirtless with a gunblade resting on my shoulder next to a fallen cactuar?

...and you're supposed to own a Final Fantasy website, jesus.

Hollycat
12-11-2013, 03:21 AM
I suggest a pinup calender, no one responds. Sam suggests one and everyone's all aboard.
Sexist :bou:stards

I'm only participating if I get to dress up as a princess.

EDIT: I didn't say I wanted to be in the calender. I just want to be the princess.

Jiro
12-11-2013, 03:24 AM
And you wonder why people didn't jump aboard your idea :monster: But no, EoFF needs cash money now. This is the way.

Elskidor
12-11-2013, 03:45 AM
I'd be a little afraid of having a calender with peoples faces on it hanging in the kitchen. My regular calenders have pictured of cats, dogs, landscapes, swords, but never people. I'd buy if it was Final Fantasy in nature, or maybe random stuff like pink trucks. Well, hell I'll probably buy it anyhow, but I wouldn't hang it up.

Raistlin
12-11-2013, 03:50 AM
Buy a calender of EoFFers in bikinis?

Only as long as Raistkini.jpg is in there.

But then Shlup would buy them all up and no one else would get a copy!

Pumpkin
12-11-2013, 04:12 AM
I will do this if I can be fully clothed and be March. Because that is the birth month of me and my son.

Calliope
12-11-2013, 04:21 AM
Sam, are you going to set a deadline?

January - noxious.sunshine
March - shion

I think that during next year, people should save any photos of themselves they particularly like, or meet-up/convention photos, so that we can put together a professional, non-rushed calendar for 2015. You could also have December be the first month, given it's RSL Day/EoFF's anniversary.

I like Shlup's idea of having non-eoff-member calendar options too - it would be cool to have a pet calendar, an art calendar, and either boy/girl calendars or one where you get to pick who is in it.

I Took the Red Pill
12-11-2013, 04:42 AM
Since I'm not in the Western Hemisphere I won't be buying one, but I think fanart is a better idea than actual pictures. Doesn't even have to be good fanart. Just have 12 people sign up to submit drawings. You might get a Pete-for-President-caliber work for March and then a stick figure pooping on Squall's face for August.

The idea of having a picture of a member staring at you for an entire month at a time is really weird and deeply unsettling for some reason. Just my opinion though. :smash:

Elskidor
12-11-2013, 04:48 AM
Fanart is a great idea, but the artist will definitely deserve a nice chunk of the cut too. Some damn fine pieces down in Relm's Studio.

Loony BoB
12-11-2013, 10:19 AM
The artist would be getting recognition and their artwork (and name/DeviantArt details, I imagine) would be slapped on multiple people's walls for a month or so. I think that's good publicity considering they throw their art up to be viewed for free, but yes, we should still ask them rather than just throwing it up.

I think it would be pretty neat to use some of the artwork submitted for the various art contests we did earlier in the year.

Night Fury
12-11-2013, 10:45 AM
I'm not interested in being in this myself, but I do have one thing to say:

Whether he gives permission or not, that photograph of The Man reclining majestically with a dog MUST be in it.

Sephex
12-11-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm not interested in being in this myself, but I do have one thing to say:

Whether he gives permission or not, that photograph of The Man reclining majestically with a dog MUST be in it.

It should be photoshopped so he is laying down on an entire city.

Loony BoB
12-11-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm interested in all ideas presented so far. I don't see a problem with getting more than one option!

Hollycat
12-11-2013, 12:22 PM
I like the idea of fanart.

Jiro
12-11-2013, 01:25 PM
I like the fanart idea but it doesn't allow me to pose shirtless with a gunblade.

Calliope
12-11-2013, 05:20 PM
As I said, it's nice for people to have options - what some people might find silly and in good fun, others might find creepy. There are less than three weeks left in the year, so although I think it's a great idea, a photo calendar is tough to pull together when there are only about four people who have expressed an interest in posing for it. If we all started collating things now, we would have enough to create Meetup, Pinup, and Artwork 2015 calendar options, with ample time to have them printed and shipped to lucky eoffers homes before the holiday rush next year. I do think that this idea is worth pursuing, but unless there is going to be a sudden, committed rush of volunteers, it may have to be next year.

Citizen Bleys
12-12-2013, 04:56 AM
Welllllll, I DO have a photo of myself shirtless in a kilt striking what I wrongly imagine to be a sexy pose that I was saving for revenge purposes, but I suppose I could give it up if so desired.

Shorty
12-12-2013, 04:59 AM
I don't believe you. Please submit as proof.

Citizen Bleys
12-12-2013, 05:02 AM
I don't believe you. Please submit as proof.

Piss me off and I just might.

Shorty
12-12-2013, 05:07 AM
But I want it submitted out of love!

Calliope
12-12-2013, 05:14 AM
But love and piss are the same to him.

Citizen Bleys
12-12-2013, 05:20 AM
I would never inflict that image on those I love.

maybee
12-13-2013, 03:07 AM
If it's fanart I'm interested !

Can I bags December ?

Because Final Fantasy characters in Christmas clothes :love:

Not good at drawing though lol, hahaha xD

starlet
12-13-2013, 04:17 AM
Well, if youre going to do a fanart calender feel free to use one of my FFIX character drawings from I drew a thing! (http://home.eyesonff.com/relms-studio/152909-i-drew-thing.html) If you want actual people pictures well...I'm no model but I have this 50's pinup-ish dress with a bat print that I'll probably never wear otherwise because it's too dressy to be casual but not dressy enough for formal events. Why I bought it, I'm not sure. But this would justify buying it lol...

Fuzakeru
12-13-2013, 06:36 PM
I'd love to contribute art to this. :) I'm doing EoFFer's portraits in my spare time in the art section and I think it'd be pretty neat to get a lot of active member's to post there and draw them up them put them all together in one big group picture.

Y/N?

Calliope
12-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Yes, definitely!

Fuzakeru
12-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Well, I currently have 7 EoFFers faces put together. I need many, many more though!

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa324/ReverseSensibility/Random/EoFFerPortrait.jpg

Formalhaut
12-16-2013, 08:12 PM
If there's going to be a fanart calendar, maybe do a 'Best of Art Showcase' calendar. All the lovely art showcases that Proto has done so far, there could be a vote as to the best twelve, or something? And then arrange them in a calendar?

I think that might be a good idea! Or... maybe not. Who knows. Thoughts?

Madonna
12-20-2013, 06:18 PM
If there's going to be a fanart calendar, maybe do a 'Best of Art Showcase' calendar. All the lovely art showcases that Proto has done so far, there could be a vote as to the best twelve, or something? And then arrange them in a calendar?

I think that might be a good idea! Or... maybe not. Who knows. Thoughts?
Using Showcase art is offensive because it is outright theft and profiteering. Those images are found on DeviantArt, done by its members, and Proto is merely sharing both the cool work and fan love those artists have. Were we wanting to use those works, we would have to privately contact each artist, get their permission, and probably give a cut of the proceeds to them. Sure, this is a charitable, if self-serving act, but why should we profit on their work?

Neither am I too much of a fan of a cheesecake-ish collection of member photographs, male or female; I know some of us are attractive, and I know some of us would not mind, but you have to consider the difference between being a member treated with respect and a member viewed as a sexual being. While I am fine recognizing volunteers as the former, can you say everyone on the forum can handle that maturely? I mean, the comments in the photo threads should be enough warning that we have some people with lots of hormones and not a lot of respect. That concern aside, I am always for Bleys doing something horrible and sharing.

Self-contributed fan art by our own members, though, is fantastic and while it is a bit late, we could get something together by February. This is the suggestion behind which I am wholly. You are going to need more than three volunteer artists though.

Calliope
12-20-2013, 06:27 PM
Who says it has to be a sexpot calendar if we use photos? I've said multiple times that it would be nice to use meetup photos, because we're a diverse community of friends, it's always a little exciting when meetups get to happen, and they make for some great memories and photo opportunities. To use an example, here:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7453/9824407885_9b02467d43_c.jpg

There's nothing at all sexual about this picture, but it is hilarious and makes me smile when I see it - and I wasn't even there! We could also potentially use photos from staff visitos to Square Enix headquarters and any other meetups. Anyone submitting their picture to the calendar (or anywhere, online or offline) should be aware of any risks in doing so. Identify theft, stalking and masturbation are not new concepts.

Permission absolutely should be used before seeking showcase art - but we have so many talented artists here that I would much prefer to see a calendar of member generated art.

It's unfortunate that this thread has generated a lot of ideas and debate and very few volunteers.

Shorty
12-20-2013, 06:28 PM
I think Fuzy's member faces are fantastic and I would love to see something like that incorporated. It's competely unique to our forum, and we can get a lot of faces in there.

Dat Matt
12-20-2013, 08:47 PM
I am shameless so I'll put my name forward. Dibs on September, the coolest month.

Madonna
12-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Who says it has to be a sexpot calendar if we use photos? I've said multiple times that it would be nice to use meetup photos, because we're a diverse community of friends, it's always a little exciting when meetups get to happen, and they make for some great memories and photo opportunities. To use an example, here:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7453/9824407885_9b02467d43_c.jpg
What Luv Luv book is this from?! /nosebleed

I am totally for a casual, fun member photo calendar too, but scrolling up does help remind us that some of us were asking for boys and girls calendars. I agree that meetup photos could be exactly what we need. Oh, maybe we can trawl through sharkythesharkdogg's competitions as see if those participants want to also contribute here? Either use old photos or take new ones to usher in the new year.

Pike
12-20-2013, 09:28 PM
This is a neat idea but I would not participate if photos are involved; nor would I buy one because I'm getting an awesome Star Trek calendar instead.