PDA

View Full Version : ANSWER QUESTIONS NOW!

NeoCracker
12-10-2013, 10:08 PM
1) Does leveling up one class offer any advantages to other classes? Something like acquired Traits being usable with any other classes?

2) I'd started typing this out before realizing all my questions could be consolidated to the one above, but I'd already started my list. :(

3) IMMA MAKE A CAT GIRL MONK! (Probably)

o_O
12-10-2013, 10:43 PM
1) Your classes can take 10 abilities from other classes, but not traits. Once you get to 30, you can start a job; each job can take 5 abilities from two other classes. Which classes you can take from depends on your job. Any class below your highest-levelled class will receive an exp bonus when levelling.

2) Unacceptable. One more stunt like this and you're out of the FC.

3) Ok.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Just to add to what mikeface said, no traits carry over only abilities. This means that a Gladiator can use Raise from Conjuror but will only be able to Raise outside of battle because it won't have the CNJ Trait that allows if to do raises during battle. Moreover, while your job limits you to two classes to borrow abilities from, if you are still playing a class you can borrow an ability from nearly every other class.

For more details regarding what abilities: XIVDB - Skill Tree (http://xivdb.com/?skilltree)

IF YOU ARE A CAT GIRL BE CAREFUL! BOB MIGHT TRY TO ENSLAVE YOU INTO HIS HAREM!

Loony BoB
12-11-2013, 01:55 PM
It should be noted that not just any ability can be used cross-class, only certain abilities. So while Paladin can use Marauder skills, they can't use Defiance.