PDA

View Full Version : Movie Quotes IRL

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-10-2013, 10:22 PM
I'm gonna caveat off of Jinx's TV show quote thread because Shorty wanted a movie quote thread, and I watch more movies than I do TV.

Many times when my wife would ask me to do something for her I would answer with 'As you wish.'

We would also go back and forth with Boondock Saints quotes.
Also, when people are being dumb, I like to say 'why don't you make like a leaf, and get the fuck out of here'

Share!

noxious.sunshine
12-10-2013, 10:40 PM
I often say "Do you understand the words that're coming out of my mouth!?"

I can't even remember what that's from now. It's a Chris Rock quote isn't it?

I also used to say "That's All" just like Meryl Streep in "The Devil Wears Prada" and "Do you need my assistance!?" from Supertroopers at work.. I'd sneak up on another server that was clearly weeded (that I liked) and say it in their ear. It was funny.

Calliope
12-10-2013, 11:41 PM
Rush Hour!

Merry Christmas, you filthy animal.

Shorty
12-11-2013, 12:34 AM
all of Liar Liar
all of Ace Ventura
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - primarily this entire scene at a time (http://youtu.be/eF8QAeQm3ZM?t=4m50s) ("may I take your triton, sir?" "OKLAHOMA OKLAHOMA OKLAHOMA OKLAHOMA OKLAHOMA")
My Blue Heaven ("the shoes are tragic")
The Rescuers Down Under - this scene (http://youtu.be/ZwhaBr6V8VA?t=54s) ("and frank will go... as a purse! a lovely ladies' purse!")
Raiders of the Lost Ark - "[something displeasurable], why'd it have to be [something displeasurable]?", "asps. very dangerous! you go first!"

There are a lot more. My family and I have full conversations consisting of movie quotes, and I don't think we consciously realize we are doing it, we just do it.

Jinx
12-11-2013, 01:03 AM
My mom frequently say "No, no" like Eddie in Christmas Vacation during the dinner scenes.

Shorty
12-11-2013, 02:21 AM
Peter Pan - Captain Hook: "and where do you think you are going?"
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory: "You get nothing!"

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-11-2013, 03:16 AM
We would also go back and forth with Boondock Saints quotes.

For a few seconds, this place was Armageddon. THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!!!.......said Plef, after a home cooked meal went wrong.

I often say "Do you understand the words that're coming out of my mouth!?"

I can't even remember what that's from now. It's a Chris Rock quote isn't it?

Chris Tucker :smug: Who, by the way, said one of my favorite movie lines:

sVvRwtzHcWI

noxious.sunshine
12-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Oh god.

"Debo got it!" - Friday

"NOTHING WHATEVER!" - Alice in Wonderland

Shorty
12-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Oh my god haha my dad used to say nothing whatever all the time xD

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-12-2013, 05:01 AM
I frequently use the "SHOOSH" from Encino Man. Along with the occasional "no wheezing the juice".

bpCJAniHk0k

Scotty_ffgamer
12-12-2013, 05:56 PM
I quote and misquote Troll 2 all the freaking time.

"You can't piss on hospitality! I WON'T ALLOW It." or

"Go back to your kingdom of shadows!" or (and this one is a misquote)

"Are you in hell, Grandpa Seth?"

I also quote The Dark Crystal a lot with such favorites as:

"The Crystal calls!" or

"Trial by stone!" or

"Hmmmm" ... Anything the Skeksis say really.

Shorty
12-13-2013, 02:56 AM
Also from Peter Pan - "I said nothing of the sort!"

Shiny
12-13-2013, 07:27 AM
"OMG, there's people coming out of your butt"

I don't know why I would ever need to say this, but I do quite often.

Shaibana
12-13-2013, 04:55 PM
'' alrighty then'' Jim carrey.. from either Liar Liar or Bruce Almighty.. not sure

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-15-2013, 08:19 AM
'' alrighty then'' Jim carrey.. from either Liar Liar or Bruce Almighty.. not sure

wut. no.

Ace Ventura silly

Shaibana
12-15-2013, 02:17 PM

wut. no.

Ace Ventura silly

aah yes, now it makes sense.. Alrighty then

Mercen-X
12-20-2013, 06:53 AM
Very rarely when looking for something to drink in the fridge, I'll start saying "blue stuff, purple stuff, ooh Sunny D!" even though we don't buy Sunny D. (admittedly not a movie quote)

The most obvious quote I would expect anyone to say is "Say hello to my little friend" from Scarface. Although honestly I don't remember anyone I know who has ever said that.

My dad constantly misquotes the dialogue between Batman and Joker in the Tim Burton movie. He simply says "You can't say what I say, how childish" which he later shortened to just "how childish" upon any somewhat silly thing having been said or done.

My dad frequently says "It is my wish" in a semi-squeaky voice... I don't know if this is some kind of misquote as I cannot fathom what it could be from. But I have no idea where else he could have derived it.

My dad once spent a couple of years calling his fellow construction workers "milky-ass pickle sniffers" in honor of the Jerky Boys. The original quotation that inspired this was actually "friggin' milky-licker."

I have once reacted to something I ate or drank with "I believe this substance has elicited an emotional response... I hate this! It is revolting!" To which, as my parents know the reference, is responded "More?" And I, of course, said "Please."