PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or do Big Pink Truck toys have ridiculous proportions?

Jessweeee♪
12-11-2013, 12:29 AM
http://thegreennursery.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/650x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/d/u/dumptruck_action.jpg

I mean look at that. It's not at all realistic. Proportionally speaking if that were life-sized then the wheels would be larger than the rest of the truck! It's giving people unrealistic expectations of what a Big Pink Truck is "supposed" to look like.

What do you guys think?

blackmage_nuke
12-11-2013, 04:25 PM
I dont like it when Big Pink Truck toys arent mechanically correct. If a child decided to take off the casings or look up under the chasis they should know that there is nothing to be ashamed of in terms of our truck parts.

Madame Adequate
12-11-2013, 05:03 PM
I understand how and why media representations of Big Pink Trucks end up in some seriously idealized and even ridiculous forms, and I'm not about to condemn the idea of getting the best-built Big Pink Trucks for modelling shoots and whatever - I mean that's the point - but when Big Pink Trucks get so morphed by bodywork and photoshop that they're no longer a thing a Big Pink Truck could hope to be built as I think it's a problem. To be clear any truck can do whatever it wants to itself in my eyes, it's not my business, but the media representation of them has an effect on young trucks and can cause all sorts of insecurities.

KentaRawr!
12-11-2013, 11:55 PM
I love this thread a lot more than I should considering it only has three posts.

Slothy
12-12-2013, 01:51 AM
I don't know. Give this truck a paint change and I think it'd be pulling off those proportions: 49095