PDA

View Full Version : Atelier Totori(?)

Pumpkin
12-11-2013, 04:45 AM
Have you played this? If so,

Should by this game? What is it like? CAN I CHANGE OUTFITS BECAUSE IF I CAN THEY CAN JUST TAKE MY NON EXISTENT MONEY RIGHT NOW

Tasura
12-11-2013, 11:55 AM
I haven't played much of the game, but it's the second in a trilogy, so you may want to pick up all three to get the full story. Because the main character of the first game (The one in red from your picture) is the teacher/mentor/master of the main character of the second game (The one in blue).

NeoCracker
12-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Each game in the trilogy, while connected, are all stand alone. NO need to play the others. :p

Totori is pretty awesome. There is a huge element of time management to the game. You are splitting your time between adventuring and crafting. The whole point is basically to keep your shop running and find your mother.

The games are charming as fuck. There is a lot of good writing so long as you aren't' expecting these big epic plot twists, the games are pretty grounded in that regard. Though the humour can get pretty absurd, especially when Pamela, Gust Studios stable ghost girl, shows up. :love:

Hollycat
12-11-2013, 11:03 PM
I played the Vita Version. I will never buy another Atalier game. It looks great, the voice acting is alright (Except Peter), but it if you look in the dictionary for the word tedious, you will find this game under definition.

The timing system isn't charming like it is in Persona, it's restrictive. And every action takes time, from consuming a potion to walking around.

Sephiroth
12-11-2013, 11:12 PM
This is in my opinion one of the best PS3 RPGs and its canon ending is exactly what I wanted for the story.

I can show you some pictures of Atelier Totori if you want. I also made a Trophy Guide for it, not that it would help someone who doesn't have it.

And they are not really standing alone. You don't need to know the others since the main story is always about the new main character but it is the same world and the same characters plus some new so for the whole story of everyone you should know them and after all that is what RPGs are about.

No, you cannot really change outfits.

The protagonists are:

Rorolina "Rorona" Frixell
A young and clumy girl which works for in an Atelier of an incredibly lazy but powerful alchemist since her family could not pay for the medicine Laura, Rorona's mother needed.
Astrid, Rorona's master, makes her the new owner and Rorona has a 3 year time-limit because Meredith, some irritating man of the Kingdom of Arland wants to close the shop and replace it as he is all about machines and weapons and stuff. So Rorona quickly has to become famous.

Totooria "Totori" Helmold
The young student of Rorona 6 years after Atelier Rorona began. She is more of a natural talent than Rorona but still has a long way to go until she is on par with her master who is very clumsy but who has become a very skilled and powerful alchemist.
She also wants to become an adventurer, as she wants to find her long lost mother, Gisela Helmold, the greatest and most powerful adventurer of Arland. So she begins her journey to master both, the ways of an Alchemist and an Adventurer to hopefully find her mother again.

Princess Merurulince "Meruru" Rede Arls
Teh young princess of Arls, about 7 years after Atelier Totori has started, student of Totori as Alchemist and also Adventurer. Also neice of Ludwig Giovanni Arland, the former king of Arland. She wants nothing more than being an alchemist and adventuring and once she does, she grows more popular, helps the kingdom and discovers an old tragic from the past, a chapter which needs to be ended by her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpur4U8Szho