PDA

View Full Version : [LR] Will you be getting Lightning Returns?

Del Murder
12-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII debuts in English-speaking regions next February. Will you be playing it at release? Sometime later? Not at all?

I'll probably get it close to release mainly because I feel obligated as a staff member of this site to play it. But I will say that as more and more is revealed about the gameplay it does sound really fun and different from the previous games.

Shauna
12-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Mr Shauna will probably be picking it up on release day, so I will have it in my possession. However, I have not played 13-2 yet, so I don't imagine I'll be playing it any time soon after its release. >.>;

Elskidor
12-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Yeah, but my hopes are low. Actually, I don't think I even care one way or another, but I know I'll give it a shot.

Psychotic
12-11-2013, 04:52 PM
I'll probably get it close to release mainly because I feel obligated as a staff member of this site to play it. But I will say that as more and more is revealed about the gameplay it does sound really fun and different from the previous games.This sums up my feelings on it pretty well. I'm bored of Lightning herself but I like the whole idea of Doomsday ticking down.

Ayen
12-11-2013, 05:00 PM
The more I think about it the less interested I am in picking it up, so no.

Sephiroth
12-11-2013, 05:06 PM
I am planning on getting it, yes.

AssassinDX
12-15-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm not, no. I lost interest in XIII towards the end of the story and because of that have no interest in either sequel.

Loony BoB
12-15-2013, 09:00 AM
Danielle and I are already fighting over who gets to play it first.

maybee
12-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Nope

Don't like Lightning sorry and imo playing a game where most of the game is centered on a character you despise would be torture.

Fynn
12-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Actually, what info has been given us on this game has really made me want to play the entire trilogy which I had no interest in up until that point.

Then they said they made Lightning's boobs bigger and more jiggly, plus all those exploitative clothes...

Yeah, I'm a bit torn :/ Plus, I don't' have a current-game console anyway.

Skyblade
12-16-2013, 03:35 PM
I'll probably get it close to release mainly because I feel obligated as a staff member of this site to play it. But I will say that as more and more is revealed about the gameplay it does sound really fun and different from the previous games.This sums up my feelings on it pretty well. I'm bored of Lightning herself but I like the whole idea of Doomsday ticking down.

Have you played Majora's Mask?

Noctis Caelum
12-18-2013, 07:34 AM
Getting it on day 1, definitely. Already have the money saved up for it and Bravely Default. Yup... February is an expensive month for JRPGs.

Actually, what info has been given us on this game has really made me want to play the entire trilogy which I had no interest in up until that point.

Then they said they made Lightning's boobs bigger and more jiggly, plus all those exploitative clothes...

Put me in that list. I've never played any Final Fantasy games, prior to this month. Played FF X and loved it, so I decided to grab XIII. It's interesting, playing one game that people consider one of the best in the series, and playing one that people consider the WORST in the series. Especially so close apart where the differences are so glaring, but the similarities as well. I really believe that people need to stop living in nostalgia and get over this or that.

Jessweeee♪
12-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Yeeessss

CimminyCricket
12-18-2013, 05:50 PM
i still haven't gotten around to beating ffxiii, so i definitely won't be picking this game up. i don't feel anything for the characters in this game for me to want to keep buying them.

Fynn
12-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Getting it on day 1, definitely. Already have the money saved up for it and Bravely Default. Yup... February is an expensive month for JRPGs.

Put me in that list. I've never played any Final Fantasy games, prior to this month. Played FF X and loved it, so I decided to grab XIII. It's interesting, playing one game that people consider one of the best in the series, and playing one that people consider the WORST in the series. Especially so close apart where the differences are so glaring, but the similarities as well. I really believe that people need to stop living in nostalgia and get over this or that.

I consider X to be the worst of what I've played :p

radicaledward124
12-27-2013, 10:21 AM
i'll be getting it at release. I have this OC where i have to keep up with collections. I have the other 2 so I have to get this one.