PDA

View Full Version : Your Stereotype

Shorty
12-12-2013, 03:29 AM
What's your stereotype?

Would you kindly list a) an adjective or two and b) a stereotype you might identify with?

ie - "Fickle Raging Nerd" would be acceptable. Here, use this list to help (http://www.enchantedlearning.com/wordlist/adjectives.shtml).

Citizen Bleys
12-12-2013, 04:41 AM
Maritimer (guilty of using "{insert adjective} as fuck" and the occasional francophonism or "Lard t'und'rin Jeez" but never "byze" unless I'm mocking) and generic anglophilia brought on by heavy childhood influence

Elskidor
12-12-2013, 04:51 AM
Oddly Obsessive Geek

I really don't know the difference between nerd, geek and dork but I have an incredibly obsessive personality, and lately it's been very much aimed toward games, comics and movies with a sprinkle of crime stories. I prefer freak, but dork/nerd/geek works for me.

Citizen Bleys
12-12-2013, 05:01 AM
Oddly Obsessive Geek

I really don't know the difference between nerd, geek and dork but I have an incredibly obsessive personality, and lately it's been very much aimed toward games, comics and movies with a sprinkle of crime stories. I prefer freak, but dork/nerd/geek works for me.

That's geek; nerd is more sciencey, but I've had a "real" (read: science) nerd gift me with the title for being a history buff.

Night Fury
12-12-2013, 10:51 AM
I don't really like to stereotype myself too much, as I constantly change and my interests broaden, and sometimes I become no longer interested in some things.

Maybe like... Overly Girly Hipster Geek? I don't know.

Fuzakeru
12-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Maritimer (guilty of using "{insert adjective} as smurf" and the occasional francophonism or "Lard t'und'rin Jeez" but never "byze" unless I'm mocking) and generic anglophilia brought on by heavy childhood influence

:monocle: - I had to read your post like three times until I understood what was going on and had to Google Maritimer. I almost felt like uncultured swine until I got to anglophilia because I knew what that one was!

-----------------

I'm a Bubbly Fickle Artist.

Citizen Bleys
12-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Maritimer (guilty of using "{insert adjective} as smurf" and the occasional francophonism or "Lard t'und'rin Jeez" but never "byze" unless I'm mocking) and generic anglophilia brought on by heavy childhood influence

:monocle: - I had to read your post like three times until I understood what was going on and had to Google Maritimer. I almost felt like uncultured swine until I got to anglophilia because I knew what that one was!

-----------------

I'm a Bubbly Fickle Artist.

This (http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/the-vice-guide-to-speaking-like-a-maritimer-) is actually pretty accurate. Not completely, but pretty accurate nonetheless.

Fuzakeru
12-12-2013, 03:41 PM
This (http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/the-vice-guide-to-speaking-like-a-maritimer-) is actually pretty accurate. Not completely, but pretty accurate nonetheless.

I could watch the Encyclopedia for Fighting video all day. "I'm gonna come to your house and slam your smurfing cupboards!" "I'll come over to your house and paint your smurfing fence!"

This is amazing. I would like to become a maritimer but I'd be bad at it. "I'll come over to your place of residence and do YOUR dishes......so you better have some that are dirty or it'll be a total waste of my time. *SPIT*"

Heath
12-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Vivacious, buxom harlot

Mo-Nercy
12-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Stingy stingy Asian.

Niale
12-15-2013, 07:49 AM
American Stereotypes :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YNgRRyRxK0

Pumpkin
12-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Feminine, overly emotional, caring nerd?

Tasura
12-15-2013, 08:18 AM

Yep.

Pike
12-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Would you kindly list a) an adjective or two and b) a stereotype you might identify with?

Disgusting grognardy neckbeard :)

Madame Adequate
12-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Baleful devouring hierophant.

Denmark
12-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Sony.