PDA

View Full Version : The Owl's Tear Guy Appreciation Thread

Scotty_ffgamer
12-12-2013, 04:21 AM

Not many people will just calmly offer you water after barging into their house. This man is probably the true hero of Final Fantasy VIII.

Shorty
12-12-2013, 07:34 AM
He's a pleasant and kindly old fellow.

Ayen
12-12-2013, 07:57 AM
I hear he was born in Fishermans Horizon. Nice place.

Sephiroth
12-12-2013, 08:35 AM
He is a professional troll. You expect to get a special item and then you get some tap water.

At least he kindly helps you with it. Certainly not to expect from every tap water that much.

Forsaken Lover
12-12-2013, 11:32 AM
If I had the desire to actually bother with it, I'd capture a picture of that transvestite in Dollet and start a Transvestite in Dollet Appreciation Thread.

Ayen
12-12-2013, 12:08 PM
If I had the desire to actually bother with it, I'd capture a picture of that transvestite in Dollet and start a Transvestite in Dollet Appreciation Thread.

There was a transvestite in Dollet? o.o

Forsaken Lover
12-12-2013, 01:38 PM
IIRC, in the bar or whatever, you can speak to a "female" NPC and one of the options to respond to her is "you're actually a woman?" or something similar. You then can read her thoughts which are "how did he know?"

Unless I'm misremembering or misinterpreting, I thought it was a guy dressed up like a girl.

Octavious
12-12-2013, 05:08 PM
But that guy was too stubborn to leave the small house, forcing his 5-person family to live in a cramped home!

Scotty_ffgamer
12-12-2013, 05:24 PM
This is true, but his house's tap water had healing properties. It was probably for the good of his family.

Also, you can be a real jerk and steal his families savings, I'm pretty sure. Then he won't let you drink from his water again. I may be making this up, though. I tried to be nice to the citizens of FF VIII. Unlike in VII where I always make Cloud steal that little kid's allowance or whatever that's hidden in the drawer between the drawer. Cloud's a jerk.

Shorty
12-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Tap water puts hair on your chest. You can't tell me it doesn't have any magical properties!

Ayen
12-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Tap water puts hair on your chest. You can't tell me it doesn't have any magical properties!

So that's why my dad is so hairy.