PDA

View Full Version : Rebecca Black returns with "Saturday," mocks Miley Cyrus in new video

SuperMillionaire
12-12-2013, 04:43 PM
[VIDEO] Rebecca Black ?Saturday? ? Singer Returns & Mocks Miley Cyrus - Hollywood Life (http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/12/08/rebecca-black-saturday-video-mocks-miley-cyrus/)

Remember Rebecca Black and her infamous "Friday" song? Now she's back, slightly older, with a sequel named "Saturday," in which she sings about partying again, though this one is, in my opinion, actually a bit of an improvement over "Friday." In this video, in collaboration with Dave Days, she attends a wild teen party, and one party-goer, dressed as Miley Cyrus in the "Wrecking Ball" music video (white underwear and half-shirt), twerks. The video ends with her old collaborator from Ark Music Factory busting his way in, only to be dragged out by a cop.

Shorty
12-12-2013, 05:25 PM
On one hand, I like that she is taking a punch at herself.

On the other, I dislike that she is doing it to make fun of someone else.

Mirage
12-13-2013, 01:27 AM
Not really my thing.

maybee
12-13-2013, 02:58 AM
I watch this girls YouTube alot and she seems really sweet and nice and she talks a ton about Friday and how much hate and mockery it's given her and how much she tries to step away from it, and how naive she was back then and how much she tries to mature and grow.

I don't mind Saturday if was just tongue and cheek at herself, but if she knows what it's like to become a mockery of something and how much it can hurt and damage your life, why do it do somebody else ?

Don't make sense gurl.

Shorty
12-13-2013, 02:58 AM
That is an excellent point.

Shlup
12-13-2013, 06:31 AM
I like how we're assuming she's making fun of Miley Cirus just because there's a parody of her. The parody doesn't do anything comical and no one makes fun of her--she just twerks.

I thought it was amusing, and a far better song than Friday. Still overproduced generic swill, but not actually bad.

Freya
12-13-2013, 06:43 AM
Sounded much better and less lame than friday. So alrighties.

Shiny
12-13-2013, 07:12 AM
Her boobs are so massive for a thirteen year old or however old she is now.

Jowy
12-13-2013, 07:31 AM
In a poll consisting of people I talk to every day, 0/10 confirmed this as a serious attempt at the next breakthrough pop hit.

Rebecca's gettin' paid and we're not. Brainstorm, people!

maybee
12-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Rebecca's gettin' paid and we're not. Brainstorm, people!

Set up a YouTube channel and a camera and grab a guitar and write a song called Sunday if you're jelly then.

Shauna
12-13-2013, 10:13 AM
It's Sunday, Sunday
Gotta get ready for work on Sundaaaayyy
Lookin' forward to the weekdays

Old Manus
12-13-2013, 10:20 AM
What was the pun I was supposed to think of, anyway :confused:

Sephex
12-13-2013, 11:06 AM
I was hoping for a "Friday" remake with Rebecca Black playing every role.

Shaibana
12-13-2013, 02:45 PM
she has such a hideous voice in thet Friday song it still gives me the creeps.
idont like this song either but it is an improvement

Madame Adequate
12-13-2013, 03:59 PM
I had no idea Friday is two years old. Damn :eek:

This song is better than, but not as good as, her inaugural classic "Friday" but I still enjoyed it, and the references were especially enjoyable. The big downside is that the music video has a much lower quotient of 'white people.gif'.

I hope she continues through the week! In a few years once she's done she can cap it off by remaking Friday entirely with her newfound talent :)

Calliope
12-15-2013, 06:38 AM
Then she can cover 8 Days A Week

Niale
12-24-2013, 12:19 PM
I like Fridays, fridays are cool ;)

So what news does the internet have in store for us today, lets see "Click".
"Clicks away"

Ah ^^
Merry Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2hHeU2ejBM

noxious.sunshine
12-24-2013, 04:40 PM
this still makes me gigglesnort errtime:

1GaKaGwch0U