PDA

View Full Version : DEEEEEEEER!

Ayen
12-12-2013, 07:06 PM
I just saw some deer in my backyard, three total. Two to the left of the backyard and then a third that ran across to catch up with the others. There hasn't been any deer out here for a couple of years now.

When was the last time you saw a deer or (insert wild animal of choice here)?

Denmark
12-12-2013, 07:13 PM
I grew up out in the country with a giant field in my backyard so I saw deer all the time. Living in a more suburban area now, all I see is squirrels. :(

escobert
12-12-2013, 07:14 PM
I see deer/turkey/fox/skunk/possum/racoons/coyotes ect. all the time. Bear and moose once in awhile. Catamount (mt lion) and wolves almost never.

Pumpkin
12-12-2013, 07:26 PM
We live in a place where the driveway goes on forever so we're removed from the neighbourhood and in the woods. We see deer and rabbits and such crossing our driveway or something all the time. We also have squirrels and raccons and possoms and apparently coyotes, which we have heard but not yet seen.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-12-2013, 07:28 PM
In the house I lived at this summer, we had two rabbits that liked to hang out in our yard. We called them Bob and Rob.

Other than that, I haven't really seen anything aside from squirrels since the last time I was at college before graduation this summer. Lots of deer hung out there and I'd see them everyday.

Agent Proto
12-12-2013, 07:35 PM
I saw a deer outside just a couple weeks ago while driving. It was just hanging out by the side of the road near the woods.

No, it wasn't dead you freaks.

sharkythesharkdogg
12-12-2013, 07:44 PM
We live in a place where the driveway goes on forever so we're removed from the neighbourhood and in the woods. We see deer and rabbits and such crossing our driveway or something all the time. We also have squirrels and raccons and possoms and apparently coyotes, which we have heard but not yet seen.

Don't forget Aaron the heron, and all the turkeys.

Ayen
12-12-2013, 07:52 PM
I see deer/turkey/fox/skunk/possum/racoons/coyotes ect. all the time. Bear and moose once in awhile. Catamount (mt lion) and wolves almost never.

That reminds me of the time we had some turkeys out here running around the neighborhood and my dad spent all day following them around to take pictures. I thought they were ducks at first, because obviously I can't tell the difference between a turkey and a duck...

escobert
12-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Some mornings in the fall you'll find like 30+ of them in packs in every field around. crazy little dumb birds.

Fuzakeru
12-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Louis C.K hates deer. (Look up the skit. I dare not link it in this thread due to language.)

I think deer are cute though and we have a bunch that like to walk through our backyard. We saw five of them last night. :D

Shorty
12-12-2013, 10:15 PM
ln1ucGoPvWk

When my grandparents owned a cabin, there was a tame deer named Norman who come and visit all the cabins in the area. He would walk right up to the front porches and even went inside some of the cabins!

Someone shot him, probable because he was too friendly. :(

noxious.sunshine
12-12-2013, 10:54 PM
I hate deer.

On the backroads where my sister lives (& where I used to cruise a lot late at night), they're all over the place. I once had to stop and got stuck in the middle of a herd for like 10 minutes.

EDIT: LxaZlhM0mQ

Sephex
12-13-2013, 12:32 AM
There are a few decently lengthy stretches of roads around where I live where a driver would be wise to watch for deer. About five years ago I had to be centimeters away from hitting one on the way to works in my old car. The deer basically took one casual step forward to barley dodge my car as I slammed on the brakes and tried to turn out of the way.

Botchmun
12-13-2013, 12:45 AM
I live in B.C, primarily in the city where you can go outside and punch a deer in the face three seasons out of four. Deer deserves it too, prong-headed pissant eating my god-damn gourds and squashes. Granted you live in a place where deer aren't as common so high fives, did you throw a pokeball and declare it your stantler?

Shaibana
12-13-2013, 02:20 PM
when i get off the highway there is a tiny 'forrest' on the left.
sometimes my boyfriend see's a dear when we arrive there just before dark.. i cant see it becaus i need to watch the road :P

besides that about 200 meters from my house there is a house with deers in the backyard

Minami
12-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Even though i live in the country i haven't seen a deer for ages. Recently the only ones i've seen have been dead at the side of the road :/

Lonely Paper Star
12-17-2013, 05:45 AM
My grad school always has a lot of deer chillin' beside the roads. Once, I even saw them cross the empty parking lot. :D

Shlup
12-17-2013, 08:40 PM
There was a possum at my house once.

Sephiroth
12-17-2013, 08:41 PM
The last time saw a deer was on a plate.

Jess
12-17-2013, 08:43 PM
I live in a city & I don't get to see wild animals often. But, there is a family of hedgehogs that live around our garden. I love them. Soooo cute!