PDA

View Full Version : SNOW

Jinx
12-14-2013, 03:46 PM
It's SNOWING here. I love snow. Love, love, love it. I think part of the reason I love it so much is because Missouri doesn't get a ton of it, so when we do, it's a BIG F-ING DEAL.

I'm not a fan of going out in it really, I like to watch it from inside with a warm cup of tea or coco and a nice book. I do like to take my one do, Twister, out in it, because she loves it too. She's black and furry, but whenever she goes outside, her face turns white because she sniffs around and plays in it.

What are some of your favorite snow activities?

If you don't like snow, you can gtfo right now.

Pike
12-14-2013, 03:50 PM

Staying indoors.

Denmark
12-14-2013, 04:24 PM
I like skiing but I haven't done it in years because I haven't had money or time to do so really because of school. Plus I need new equipment since the stuff I have I got when I was like 15. I want to go again but I'd need money :(

I also like staying inside and that is what I will be doing today!

Ravan
12-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Personally I like sending my husband outside to build me a big ass snow man :D

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-14-2013, 05:45 PM

Shorty
12-14-2013, 05:50 PM
We've been getting a few blankets of snow here and there, but they've usually ended up disappearing overnight. We got a proper set in of snow yesterday!

Sephex
12-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Basically, a very corrupt president. The revolution is coming.

Calliope
12-14-2013, 07:43 PM

Complaining, and generally being bewildered.

escobert
12-15-2013, 02:27 AM

Staying indoors.
qft

Or snowboarding. Or snowskating. or broom hockey :)

Minami
12-15-2013, 08:32 AM
I love snow! Sadly all we've had this winter so far is rain.

Mirage
12-15-2013, 12:20 PM
My favourite snow activity is uncannily similar to Pike's.

Staying indoors. Preferrably with some warm beverage in my cup and a game controller in my hands.

Pike
12-15-2013, 12:23 PM
My favourite snow activity is uncannily similar to Pike's.

Staying indoors. Preferrably with some warm beverage in my cup and a game controller in my hands.

Yeah, Mirage knows what's up. Especially the game controller part. Although a keyboard & mouse is fine too.

Mirage
12-15-2013, 12:26 PM
i use a game controller on my PC

u mad?

Pike
12-15-2013, 12:27 PM
No because I do that a lot too. Just not very often because playing Paradox spreadsheet games with a 360 controller isn't the easiest thing in the world.

Mirage
12-15-2013, 12:28 PM
ok glad we're cool

cool, in a snow thread, geddit?!

Anyway I mostly use a gamepad when I emulate console games. There aren't too many actual PC games that I use them for. Although I have actually mainhealed an alliance in FF11 in white mage with a gamepad and we still won. That's got to count for something!

Pike
12-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Oh yeah for emulating a gamepad is the only way to go. Although I actually don't emulate very often.

I played through all of PC Skyrim with the gamepad too. Also completely vanilla with no mods. This makes me a terrible PC Mustard Race apparently!

Mirage
12-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Did your boyfriend tell you that?

Maybe he is a bad influence, you should date me instead!

Pike
12-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Did your boyfriend tell you that?

Nope, sorry :greenie:

Jiro
12-15-2013, 01:59 PM
I heard it snowed in Egypt recently?

escobert
12-15-2013, 03:22 PM
And I've awoken to about 2 feet of snow on the ground today :(I wanna get a coffee but it'll take forever to get out!

noxious.sunshine
12-15-2013, 03:59 PM
Stay inside and get drunk.

yep.

escobert
12-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Well it didn't take that much effort to get out and get coffee. Amazing what snow tires do!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-16-2013, 03:54 AM
I can't wait for it to snow. I love snow.

I am going snowboarding for Christmas. I was originally going to go to Gatlinburg, TN but I think I am going to go to Snowshoe WV instead. Everyone says it is better all around.
Going to Gatlinburg as it is about $100 cheaper per night and I can bring my puppy.

I also enjoy snow angels.

Pumpkin
12-16-2013, 04:33 AM
I love snow. My favorite things are probably sledding and making snow men/snow forts.

I really miss it :(. We went to a Christmas dinner tonight and it just made me feel pretty homesick. It doesn't even feel like winter, let alone Christmas. I guess I'm just going to have to get used to it.

Shlup
12-16-2013, 05:31 AM
I have to drive for awhile to get to snow. When I get there I run around like a toddler for a minute and a half, make a 7-inch snow man, and then run out of ideas and go inside. At some point BJ usually puts snow in my shirt.

Jessweeee♪
12-16-2013, 05:43 AM
It hasn't snowed in my city since 2004 :(

Jowy
12-16-2013, 07:26 AM
It isn't going to snow here this year.

I'm used to six months out of the year in the motherland being snow-covered. Pelting my friends with snowballs and hauling ass down any sort of incline on a plastic or wooden deathtrap are the best parts of the season.

Loony BoB
12-16-2013, 11:16 AM
Lone Wolf Leonhart summed up my thoughts immediately upon seeing the thread title. I actually didn't consider that this could have been about the weather.

My favourite thing about snow is when it comes in heavy and we can actually feel like we're in a winter wonderland, as opposed to the sludge which normally is associated with it all. I like the snow - it has a magical feel to it. I prefer looking at it from indoors, but Danielle and I have had our snowball fights on occasion. Snowball fights at midnight are the best.

Sephex
12-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Real responce now: It snowed pretty decent for the Chicagoland area. Nothing too annoying. By the time I had to go somewhere after it snowed the roads were good, and clearing off the care was simple since it was the light fluffy snow.

We got a light dusting last night, too.

I hate driving in the stuff, but there seemed to be more plows/preparation in my area compared to recent years, so I was pleasently surprised with how things are going so far.

Shaibana
12-16-2013, 01:54 PM
yesterday i would have to scratch the ice off my car window.
this morning i put on a scarf, braced myself for the icy wind... and it was freaking warm :l today they say its going to be 10 degree's and by the feeling i believe them

screw you weather!! i was ready for the winter but now you decide to go back to spring!

Formalhaut
12-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Boo. It's not snowing here at all in England. I love the snow. I really do, but it never really snows in England, at least not in the South. I mean, the most it has been really is sleet, really.

Curse you Americans and your more seasonal weather. Not once had a white Christmas. :mad:

Fuzakeru
12-16-2013, 04:43 PM
I'd make a disgruntled comment but I was instructed to gtfo....

When I lived in Michigan it was delightful to watch it snow and I did go sledding once and that wasn't terrible.

Shorty
12-16-2013, 04:52 PM
The snow here has been so fucking wishy washy! Snow or don't! We just keep getting these shitty little flakes that barely cover the lawn or the sidewalk. I want real snow or I want this shitty weather to go away. :argh:

Slothy
12-16-2013, 04:57 PM
The snow here has been so fucking wishy washy! Snow or don't! We just keep getting these shitty little flakes that barely cover the lawn or the sidewalk. I want real snow or I want this shitty weather to go away. :argh:

When you live that close to the west coast you have no one to blame but yourself.

Shorty
12-16-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm not even on the coast! This is supposed to be the equivalent of smurfing Winterfell clear the hell up here at the top of the country and Canada is The Wall and beyond! SO IF THIS IS WINTERFELL WHERE IS MY smurfING SNOW

Fuzakeru
12-16-2013, 05:01 PM
I'm not even on the coast! This is supposed to be the equivalent of smurfing Winterfell clear the hell up here at the top of the country and Canada is The Wall and beyond! SO IF THIS IS WINTERFELL WHERE IS MY smurfING SNOW

Probably on the same plane of existence as the rest of the Starks..... /whistles away

Slothy
12-16-2013, 08:27 PM

I never said you did live on the coast. But the top of the US is not winterfell. Winterfell would be Canada up to the southern border of the territories. Only the damned live that far north. Where murder, rape, alcoholism, etc. are rampant.

Pike
12-16-2013, 08:35 PM
My mom spent a year living in Northwest Territories when she was a kid. She says they got one TV station and it only showed hockey and curling.

Slothy
12-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Sounds about right.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-17-2013, 03:56 AM
The snow here has been so smurfing wishy washy! Snow or don't! We just keep getting these troutty little flakes that barely cover the lawn or the sidewalk. I want real snow or I want this troutty weather to go away. :argh:

I'm actually fine with just snowflakes. When there aren't too many people around it's quiet and peaceful. Having the little flakes fall on you as a light breeze occasionally blows is relaxing.

It's the heavy snow that sucks. When you have a hard time getting out of your drive way, followed by driving 20mph to work because the roads are so slick from the patted down snow and ice.

Jess
12-17-2013, 08:54 PM
I hate snow. I am the clumsiest person ever and I slip over constantly, even wearing snowboots. I hate driving in it, too.

It's only ever nice if I can stay snug indoors. It is pretty. But I never have the luxury of staying home for days at a time.

I'm so happy it hasn't snowed yet here this winter. :jess: