PDA

View Full Version : Yo

AssassinDX
12-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Hi guys, I got gently nudged in this direction by ToriJ, great to be a part of what looks like a fantastic forum. :)

Uh let's see, a bit about me. I'm from England, I'm mad passionate about metal music. I also have a keen interest in football/soccer, and of course adore video games from before the 8-bit era until now.

In terms of Final Fantasy, I own every game in the series up to and including Final Fantasy XIII, and while my interest in the series has somewhat declined since X (but has thankfully been reignited thanks to what I've seen in XV) I'm still hugely into VII, VIII IX and X which is most likely where you'll see me most often.

So yeah, it's great to be here, hope to see you guys around.

Ayen
12-14-2013, 08:32 PM
That's three, and one brought their husband so technically four. Don't say I never done anything for you, forum :colbert:

Welcome to the forum. People will now hate/love you forever for liking VIII/X. But don't sweat the haters, once I take over the world I shall shoot them out of a cannon into the sun. PRAISE THE SUN! (There was no sun in the part you got stuck on) SHUT UP!

Ghosteses
12-14-2013, 08:35 PM
hi there! welcome! =D

Rantz
12-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Welcome Assassin. :) VII, VIII IX and X are all great games in their own way. IX is my favourite! Hope to see you post a lot and such.

Freya
12-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Looka t ToriJ bringing in all these people! Maybe we'll keep him around ;)

I agree, XV looks awesome. I'm excited. The XIII series was a little meh but XV looks so coooool

Botchmun
12-14-2013, 10:48 PM
Assy likes trains and cubes with Ph.D's because he'll get the reference.

welcome Assassin, you were a horrible GM :P

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-15-2013, 09:25 AM
What kind of metal do you like?

AssassinDX
12-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Haha cheers guys, and Cube. :p

http://www.last.fm/user/Assassin_D_X

death, black, heavy, power, it's all good.

Mirage
12-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Now that ToriJ has brought four other members I think he's at the end of his usefulness and can safely be discarded of.

AssassinDX
12-15-2013, 12:15 PM
I agree. Quick and painless, it's the least he deserves.

Ayen
12-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-15-2013, 09:55 PM
As ToriJ warned you, I love/hate you for liking VIII and X. (VIII is actually my favorite in the series and X is pretty great too!)

I'm not a huge fan of metal myself, but having lived with 3 people who are all obsessed with metal (one being a vocalist of a technical death metal band), I've grown to appreciate it. I do like Gojira a lot if you've heard of them.

Do you just like watching football/soccer, or do you play as well? If so, what position do you play? I played all positions when I used to play, but I was primarily a goalkeeper.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-16-2013, 05:24 AM
Strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Like a phoenix ToriJ rises from the ashes.

Mahad
12-16-2013, 06:37 AM
Hey there, I'm here to give my words of welcome: I have never played VIII and X is good, but I did play XII and XIII and happen to like them both just fine, and I have no clue what XV is about; I heard it involves another spiky-haired dude and crystals, so it sounds like it's going the right way so far. So, since X seems to be about the only game we have both played, I like you.

I like football too, and I'm a fan of a certain red team.

AssassinDX
12-16-2013, 11:35 AM
As ToriJ warned you, I love/hate you for liking VIII and X. (VIII is actually my favorite in the series and X is pretty great too!)

I'm not a huge fan of metal myself, but having lived with 3 people who are all obsessed with metal (one being a vocalist of a technical death metal band), I've grown to appreciate it. I do like Gojira a lot if you've heard of them.

Do you just like watching football/soccer, or do you play as well? If so, what position do you play? I played all positions when I used to play, but I was primarily a goalkeeper.

Awesome to hear, and yeah I have indeed heard of Gojira. I also like them, although their newest album not so much.

I mostly watch, occasionally play with friends in a five-a-side environment. I wouldn't say I had a position for that, it's pretty much just two goalkeepers and another 8 guys chasing the ball around.

I was thinking "certain red team... United? Arsenal? Dare I say Cardiff?" Then I saw your username, great win for you guys yesterday.

Ayen
12-16-2013, 11:48 AM
If you poke around you can probably find their ongoing football thread. I clicked on it thinking they were talking American but nope...

Speaking of American Football -flips tables at Chiefs winning all those games just to start being crushed when it matters-

Scotty_ffgamer
12-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Oh chiefs, letting down us Kansas City people (I honestly don't watch American football. I just hear the praise or rage all over facebook). At least we had KC Sporting to not let us down in soccer. They won the MLS cup!

Is Gojira's newest album L'Enfant Savauge? That's kind of funny considering that's the one I'm really into.

AssassinDX
12-16-2013, 12:30 PM
If you poke around you can probably find their ongoing football thread. I clicked on it thinking they were talking American but nope...

Speaking of American Football -flips tables at Chiefs winning all those games just to start being crushed when it matters-

Haha yeah, just found it.

And yeah it's L'enfant Sauvage, maybe after another listen or two I might grow to enjoy it. Their debut Terra Incognita is my favourite, followed by From Mars To Sirius. It starts to go downhill from there for me unfortunately.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-16-2013, 01:21 PM
The people who got me into it really didn't like it at first too. They thought it was pretty boring. The album kind of grew on all of us though and it ended up becoming our favorite. I'll have to check out their older stuff!

Fuzakeru
12-16-2013, 05:06 PM
'ello! Welcome to the place that is here with the postings and talking and sometimes questionable acts.

There are lots of lovely little emoticon-y things too.

:nibbles: may still be my favorite.

noxious.sunshine
12-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Sup brah?

LoneWolfLeonhart and I like Dir en Grey. w00t.

Welcome and junk.

AssassinDX
12-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Good band, I'm hugely into Japanese music too. Cheers for more welcomes. :)

Psychotic
12-16-2013, 09:02 PM
Hello! I've seen you posting and you seem like you're a very good poster and will be a really good presence to have to have around.

However, I have THE most important question: What football team do you support? :D

Niale
12-17-2013, 12:10 AM
Welcome to this forum :)

Mahad
12-17-2013, 12:36 AM
I was thinking "certain red team... United? Arsenal? Dare I say Cardiff?" Then I saw your username, great win for you guys yesterday.

Haha, yeah United would pop to mind quick enough. But yea, my username makes it all clear for any football here, unless they are not fans then they think it's KFC and hunger strikes.

And what team are you a fan of?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-17-2013, 02:02 AM
Good band, I'm hugely into Japanese music too. Cheers for more welcomes. :)

We'll get along just fine.

AssassinDX
12-17-2013, 09:20 AM
Great stuff, and excluding England I don't support a team, although I've been to a couple of local games (in the Ryman Premiership back when two local rivals were in that same division) but not enough to call myself a fan. I enjoy football for the spectacle of the sport.