PDA

View Full Version : I just played Oblivion for the first time today in four months

tony12
12-15-2013, 06:54 AM
I just played Elder Scrolls Oblivion today for the first time in four months. In fact the only time I have turned on my ps3 during that time was to watch a couple movies.

I looked at the hours I have logged in on the game and I have played the game for about a total of 170 hours. That is a 170 hours in six years (got the game in the beginning of '08). Seeing how little I was playing this game (which is really about the only game I play on the console anymore) is what made me decide that there is no point in me getting a ps4 with how little I play anylonger,

I did buy Skyrim to play once I finished Oblivion. It has been sitting on my shelf for a couple years now and at the rate I am going it will probably be about five to ten years before I get done with Oblivion.

Have any of you ever gone through a game like that where it took you years to get through it? I actually really enjoy Oblivion when I play it but I have a habit of putting it down and not picking it up again for months on end (I think one time I went almost an entire year without playing it).

Shorty
12-15-2013, 06:57 AM
I've been playing Fallout 3 since 2008 and I've had to start it over four times! :argh: I WILL FINISH IT ONE DAY

AssassinDX
12-15-2013, 09:40 AM
It took me several years to finish the first Mass Effect game, I lost interest until I picked up the second game for £5 on sale for the hell of it. I thought it best to finally finish the first game, and I'm so glad I did as it developed into a fantastic series.

Psychotic
12-15-2013, 09:45 AM
Not really, I usually complete games when I get them. The only games I can really think of are Mass Effect and Deus Ex Human Revolution. I didn't get very far in either and just couldn't get into them, and I ended up having new playthroughs about a year later and loving them.

Ayen
12-15-2013, 03:53 PM
It took me a year to beat Ocarina of Time once. That's pretty much it.

Bolivar
12-16-2013, 03:30 AM
Dragon Quest VIII I had to take like a year break from before I went and finished it. That game is just so huge it's crazy!

Jowy
12-16-2013, 07:29 AM
I'm at around 120 hours on my FFT file for PS1. Everyone's level 99 and the Deep Dungeon sucks and I still haven't finished it. My FF7 save's racked up at around 89 hours too; started the game in '97 and finished it in '03. FFX is about at 80 hours over a ten year span of non-completion.

Pike
12-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Usually when I don't finish a game the first time around I'll just restart when I get around to it again. Very rarely do I pick up a game where I left off if it's been more than six months or so. I'm sure I have, though. It's just... not often.