PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie Profile

Forsaken Lover
12-15-2013, 07:07 PM
So my only basis for playing these games is that the guy who does the music (Sakuraba of Tales, Star Ocean, Golden Sun and Baten Kaitos fame) apparently did his best work ever on these two games according to a lot of people.

Are the gmes any good though?

Mahad
12-15-2013, 08:21 PM
I have been wondering about how good this games are myself. I haven't seen or heard of any new games in the series so I guess it doesn't have too big a following.

Mirage
12-15-2013, 09:52 PM
It's not like every single series needs to go on forever even if people liked the existing installments :p. Sometimes it's good to stop while you're still on the top.

In either case, the game is good and the music is good and the story is also good and the gameplay is pretty unique and interesting. You should play it.

Ultima Shadow
12-16-2013, 01:59 AM
Love both games personally. And VP2 has one of my top 5 favourite RPG battle systems too.

Pete for President
12-16-2013, 02:08 AM
Are these downloadable from Playstation Network by any chance?

Depression Moon
12-16-2013, 03:04 AM
I want this game, but it's like $150 new on amazon.

Mirage
12-16-2013, 04:09 AM
Emulate it :p.

Or get the PSP version if you have a PSP. That version is much cheaper.

Jowy
12-17-2013, 07:17 AM
Valkyrie Profile is so much fun. Emulating it is worth the headache of finding an iso and setting up ePSXe/pSX. The PSP version is nice, but there is a lot of slowdown during casting animations much like FFT which unfortunately didn't get a patch to fix.

Mirage
12-17-2013, 08:42 PM
setting up epsxe is a headache?

Mercen-X
12-24-2013, 07:58 AM
Everyone in the gamerverse says the first was the best. I prefer Silmeria.

Ultima Shadow
12-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Everyone in the gamerverse says the first was the best. I prefer Silmeria.
I really like the first one, but I have to agree that Silmeria was still the better of the two.

black orb
01-04-2014, 06:02 AM
>>> The original is the best..:luca:

Edge7
01-07-2014, 07:26 PM
I think Silmeria is technically the better game, but there's something about the first one's visual appearance, progression of story and style of platforming I really liked. Anyway, if you're interested in getting the best (and the only good) ending for the first game, You WILL need a guide. There's a rhythm you get into while playing the game's first three chapters that it lulls you into a false sense of security and you miss the requirements for the best ending. That's what happened to me my first time through.

As for Silmeria, I started it, and it's a phenomenal game. Definitely has a better battle system, although I prefer dungeon crawling in the first one. The soundtrack here is one of Sakuraba's best, and this is from someone who hasn't really liked any of the Tales Soundtracks after Vesperia. I'm still pretty early in the game, so I can't say much beyond that.

Depression Moon
01-07-2014, 08:45 PM
What about Covenant of the Plume?

Jowy
01-08-2014, 01:42 AM
setting up epsxe is a headache?

playing with drivers is an inconvenience.