PDA

View Full Version : InFamous 1

Forsaken Lover
12-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Ya know I seem to be in the minority that preferred the first game. I absolutely loved Cole, the story overall and the twist ending. Kessler, Sasha and Alden were awesome villains. From start to finish I was very happy with the game and that final boss figh was as climactic as I could have hoped. The use of two separate yet equally great themes for the beginning and the end of the battle was pretty smart too.
inFAMOUS OST - End of the Road - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjcpJmSMldc)
inFAMOUS - Genesis (HD) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1F8JPUz9t8)

The second game meanwhile kinda makes a lot of what Kessler did really stupid and pointless It also forces Cole into a crappy position where he has to screw a ton of people over no matter what he does. Also I missed his gravel voice from the first game.

EDIT:

And whoops, put this in the wrong forum... My bad.

Shauna
12-15-2013, 08:02 PM
No problemo. :up:

Ayen
12-15-2013, 09:08 PM
I haven't gotten to play any games from this series yet. I remember playing a demo at Walmart/Target and really enjoying it. Ever since then I wanted the game and it was the only other game besides MGS4 that made me want to get a PS3. It's currently on my Christmas list so here's hoping.

Depression Moon
12-16-2013, 03:06 AM
You should've jumped on the first inFamous when Sony was giving it away free. It's a great game.

Del Murder
12-16-2013, 04:25 AM
I played this game when Sony gave it to us for free during the PSN hacking debacle. It was fun but not enough to make me want to play the sequels.

NeoCracker
12-16-2013, 04:28 AM
Infamous 1 edges out two for me for the better villains and an absolutely wonderful climax, though 2 was mechanically superior. However it's story, while good, had such a let down of a final fight.

I disagree it made Kessler's actions seem pointless though. :p

Bolivar
12-16-2013, 05:23 AM
I actually still haven't played the second game but I probably should before Second Son comes out. I platinum'd inFamous pretty shortly after it came out, it was just so addicting.

What was interesting about this generation is how a lot of games looked so much better in motion than a single screen cap could ever do justice, but inFamous was a polished gem that felt amazing when you played it, in a way videos couldn't depict.

Jiro
12-16-2013, 05:52 AM
It wasn't perfect but I liked it. Had some cool mechanics and I liked the overall plot. The fucking morality choices were stupid though. Do I let this guy eat food or do I murder everyone? Where is the grey?

Ayen
12-16-2013, 09:28 AM
You should've jumped on the first inFamous when Sony was giving it away free. It's a great game.

My bad, my last post makes it sound like I already have a PS3. I don't that's the main reason I haven't played it yet T_T

NeoCracker
12-16-2013, 05:35 PM
I agree with Jiro. This is a game that really would have been better suited to just drop the Morality all together and tell the damn story. :p