PDA

View Full Version : So, What Have I Missed?

Formalhaut
12-15-2013, 08:16 PM
Hellooo everyone! It's glad to be back on EoFF.

Well, I didn't quite leave, but I wasn't quite here either. I should probably say I was torn away from this place because of other commitments. I don't know how people on here do both University AND maintain an active EoFF life. I barely went on the site I was so busy.

I should start by apologising. I really did miss SOOO much. I think I missed a Ciddies, and I probably missed a Mafia somewhere along the line as well, let alone time missed communicating with my favourite people (I missed Cim's bloody wedding! GAH!) Not to mention, I was being overly optimistic about leaving my duties as Community Updater for a mere "two weeks or so". I dread to think what's happened with my baby while I've been away.

If you're super excited about hearing what sort of goings on I've been going on about doing, then this post may very well exceed some internal word count. Really, I can only summarise through bullet points:

I remember Locky posting in some prediction thread ages ago that when I go to University, I'll find someone special. I remember baulking at such a silly suggestion. Well, it happened. I met Sam, and he is a fantastic, loving, sweet, intelligent person.
I've been working hard at my studies. So far this semester, I have achieved a 67%, 61% and a 65%, thus far averaging a 64%. It's... okay, I guess.
I've made so many good friends. Seriously, my Facebook profile has swelled to a sky high 110 or so friends. And this is the person who frequently conducts Facebook culls. The friends I've made, I love.
I've take an active part in many events. So far, I'm a member of the Christian Union, a Chaplaincy event 'regular' (hot chocolate and English muffins, oh yes) and furthermore committee member on the LGBT & Friends Society. In my first year, a committee member. Woo!
I'm a student representative for my course, to boot.
I've taken an active participation in the local church too. I didn't actually go to church for a while, because of an... incident, but most of my friends are Christian (met at CU or chaplaincy) and its sort of our church. It's a great church. So welcoming and refreshing. The Winchester Christmas Market had a Mission stall run by the church and I helped out, with my friends, a total of five times. Loved it.

But enough of my blabbing. Welcome back! Gaaah! I've missed so many of you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1383226_591540937549828_1817625798_n.jpg

Shauna
12-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Don't apologise for having a life outside the internet. We're all happy for you! :3 Glad you're having a great time at uni!

You didn't miss much. ;P Well, there was a Ciddies. No mafia. There was no public thing here about Cim's wedding so it was a surprise to all of us.

Freya
12-15-2013, 08:28 PM
BoB bought the site? :D

Shauna
12-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Oh yeah. That too. xD

Scotty_ffgamer
12-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Formy! Yay!

It's good to hear that you are having a good time at university. I bet it would definitely be hard to find time to get on here when you are being active in all of those things. Really, staying active in a lot of activities that interest you are a big part of what make university fun, I think.

Also, Loony BoB bought the site . So that's big and exciting, I suppose.

Aulayna
12-15-2013, 08:32 PM
BoB bought the site. :) That's the biggest piece of news since news.

Shauna also became a CK.

Err, we got the Wiki back.

Also good to see you around, I can stop facebook stalking you now! :p

Ayen
12-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Shauna hosted a 'Greatest games of this generation' not too long ago that I think you can still find in the General Gaming board if you wanted to check it out.

Welcome back, I'm ToriJ the new kid. So far I haven't been shot or stabbed yet.

Shauna
12-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Shauna also became a CK.

Dr Unne was made developer too!

Shorty
12-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Check EC, Formy! We have so much going on!

I'm so glad you're back :love:

Formalhaut
12-15-2013, 09:29 PM
You didn't miss much. ;P Well, there was a Ciddies. No mafia. There was no public thing here about Cim's wedding so it was a surprise to all of us.

Oh Shauna. I apparently missed LOADS.

And Sam, I accidently created another Secret Santa thread. Don't worry, I closed it. I didn't even see your thread! XD

Hollycat
12-15-2013, 09:30 PM
You missed me marrying Jiro, having 7 children, and opening a nudist beach in Arizona.

So alot.

Formalhaut
12-15-2013, 09:38 PM
I ur, didn't read the replies to this thread before creating it :blush:

Mirage
12-15-2013, 11:56 PM
You've missed nothing. Just leave again.

Shorty
12-16-2013, 12:33 AM
Don't listen to Mirage. He's grumpy because Santa's bringing him coal this year.

Mirage
12-16-2013, 12:35 AM
Is coal supposed to be bad? I just happen to enjoy fossile fuel.

Formalhaut
12-16-2013, 01:23 AM
Someone should send Mirage a Secret Santa present to cheer him up.

Anyway. I'm glad to be back. I really don't know where to start though. I've missed so much, I really don't know where to start with the forums! What do I do first? Second? Third? Ahh!

Jiro
12-16-2013, 03:16 AM
I didn't marry Hypoallergenic Chie. I did attend a wedding, and it was the wedding of an EoFFer, but it wasn't the one (or anyone anybody knows for that matter) so it doesn't count.

Lots of stuff is still happening, so just wander around and see it. You'll slot right back in where you left, Formalhaut. And about goddamn time too; we missed your face.

Formalhaut
12-17-2013, 02:14 AM
I thought it was just my eyesight but...

I could swear those silly little green "e-peen" icon things have disappeared now. So much has changed since I left!

CimminyCricket
12-17-2013, 02:31 AM
ah formy you remembered my wedding and that's enough :c)

it's good to see that you're back

you were missed :c)

Formalhaut
12-17-2013, 02:38 AM
ah formy you remembered my wedding and that's enough :c)

it's good to see that you're back

you were missed :c)

Bu...but... I missed the wedding! I didn't even see any pictures! I must trawl through your Facebook to find them!

CimminyCricket
12-17-2013, 02:41 AM
there's very few up right now. the guy that took the pictures edited them poorly and we are not happy

Formalhaut
12-17-2013, 02:42 AM
there's very few up right now. the guy that took the pictures edited them poorly and we are not happy

I'd insist on some refunds and compensation if I were you!

CimminyCricket
12-17-2013, 02:44 AM
the guy is friends with jasmin's dad so we are trying to be as cordial as possible

Formalhaut
12-17-2013, 02:45 AM
the guy is friends with jasmin's dad so we are trying to be as cordial as possible

Oh. But still! That must be really annoying! Was he even a qualified Wedding Photographer!?

Hollycat
12-17-2013, 02:45 AM
I didn't marry Hypoallergenic Chie.
Do I mean nothing to you?
What about all the things you said?

We were going to move to Paris and have 30 children!

CimminyCricket
12-17-2013, 02:47 AM

Oh. But still! That must be really annoying! Was he even a qualified Wedding Photographer!?

they're both 'professional' photographers. her dad has some stuff in a museum in dc, but this other guy is just his friend i guess

Formalhaut
12-17-2013, 02:57 AM
So what are you going to do?

CimminyCricket
12-17-2013, 03:05 AM
jas has already complained to her daddy, i've done all i can do

Niale
12-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Have fun and play games!
Enjoy your stay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItzslynRhwg