PDA

View Full Version : What else can be added to the Final Fantasy VII Compilation?

AssassinDX
12-16-2013, 12:48 PM
So far we've had games, books and a movie that explore various aspects and stories within the world of Final Fantasy VII, but what else would you like to see added to the compilation in the future if possible?

For me one thing would be to bring something similar to Before Crisis to Western audiences, I'd love to know more about the Turks' story.

I'd also like Red XIII's story expanded considerably, from his father's tale to the reason why he's the last of his kind and as mentioned in another topic how the heck he fathered his young all those years later, and indeed what he did during that time.

Finally, more on the formation of AVALANCHE. I think that would make for a cool tactical combat game, or something.

How about you, anything you'd like to see?

Ayen
12-16-2013, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't mind an AVALANCHE spin-off game since I immensely enjoyed the missions you go on with them at the beginning of VII. As for the rest, I'm just wondering if they're going to do anything more with Genesis or just let it die. They introduce him at the end of Dirge of Cerberus, go into his backstory more in Crisis Core so it feels like they're building up to something with him, like going up against Cloud or something maybe I don't know, and then... nothing.

Sephex
12-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Bugenhagen's Beach Volleyball.

It will be like Dead or Alive Beach Volley Ball, except you can play as scantily clad old men. Unlock the Speedo Materia! DLC only.

escobert
12-16-2013, 02:35 PM
I just want everything that has been released in one volume that is easy to use/obtain.

DrAssenov
12-17-2013, 02:40 AM
I have always wanted to play Before Crisis, but since it's only in Japanese, I found the videos of the gameplay here: FFVII: Before Crisis (English subtitles) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE75858F7C5A3927D)

They are really quite interesting! I am impressed with the depth of the story for a cell phone game. (Honestly I thought it was better than Crisis Core...) *dodges bricks*

I would like to see a Sephiroth game where you play through his earlier years at Shinra leading up to the end of the Wutaian War. Maybe it could have a Dynasty Warriors kind of feel, but honestly I have no idea how that war really went down except that it was really drawn out and there were huge losses.

CimminyCricket
12-17-2013, 02:54 AM
nothing they should just activate the self destruct on all of the spin offs

Formalhaut
12-17-2013, 03:00 AM
Bugenhagen's Beach Volleyball.

It will be like Dead or Alive Beach Volley Ball, except you can play as scantily clad old men. Unlock the Speedo Materia! DLC only.

Featuring Mukki as special unlockable bonus character!

Forsaken Lover
12-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Ever since Advent Children i have been advocating a prequel that takes place back when Jenova first landed on the planet. It will focus on first its landing and initial deception than how it traveled the world, wiping out the entire race practically. Enemies could be monsters and fellow Ancients infected by it. Your party would obviously be the band of Cetra who ultimately defeat Jenova as the final boss and seal it away.

Could even have a cool epilogue of Gast and Hojo digging up Jenova's remains in a sort of eerie "and so the tragedy begins all over again through ignorance" sort of way.

It would also finally clue us in on what kind of mind Jenova originally had. Was it just a virus that destroys solely by instinct or did it have sapience?

Mercen-X
12-18-2013, 04:59 AM
I've always wanted to delved into the history of the planet, the Cetra, and the appearance of Jenova.

And I too also as well wonder what has since as of DoC's ending become of the red hero Genesis.

I've been ranting repeatedly how I'd like a Final Fantasy all-stars in the style of Star Wars Battlefront, yet it is probably obvious I'd settle for a Final Fantasy VII Battlefront.

Maybe something to follow-up the ending of Before Crisis.

Elskidor
12-18-2013, 07:15 AM
2 player snow boarding with more advanced courses.

Sephiroth
12-18-2013, 07:45 AM
The finale that was announced in 2008 and ends with Sephiroth and Genesis. JENOVA has no kind of mind (as in: not the kind of mind like us) at all and is not a virus. It is an id with viral cells. All that has been explained.

Forsaken Lover
12-18-2013, 07:58 AM
No it hasn't because none of what you just said makes any sense. There is no such thing as "just an id" as the very definition of Id is that it is part of a whole.

Now, if they have said Jenova is a being of baser instincts and desires with no higher function, present the evidence.

Sephiroth
12-18-2013, 08:05 AM
No it hasn't because none of what you just said makes any sense. There is no such thing as "just an id" as the very definition of Id is that it is part of a whole.

Now, if they have said Jenova is a being of baser instincts and desires with no higher function, present the evidence.

Yes, it has. When the Ultimania says in its JENOVA chapter, that JENOVA is only acting instinctively, then it does. Square Enix offically published material is by far woth more than your word and it absolutely makes sense as while we have three parts, including the Id, me calling JENOVA an "Id" will immediately tell everyone who knows the word, that it is just (a genderless, emotionless and) instinct-driven being with the purpose to travel around, split, absorb/infect and reunite, repeating that process over and over again like an animal. For that it uses its abilities to act like a chameleon and finally fulfill what it is "programmed" for. It is said it is instinctive, so it is instinctive. I am no longer in the mood to argue with people as you, not accepting that there is way more published material than you want to use or like. You cannot make any claims and not accept things if there is just more. And your Lightning post the last time already was evidence enough that you are not even interested in such things. Read it ot don't read it but don't complain over things if you are missing any information. I'm done with you since I have no intention of another "PuPu"-like discussion.

EDIT: And don't waste your time. You are on my IL now. However, I have sent you a PM so you can still see the part of the Ultimania. For the rest, the textboxes of the game say everythings.

... it only follows its instincts to
incite ruin, utilizing its mimic ability (-->P.211) to infect other living
organisms with its virus. In addition, due to its abnormal resilence, even if
dismembered, its cells will call out to one another, seeking to reunite into
their original form (-->Reunion/P.211) ...

Please read everything next time. It is intelligent like all animals but what it does is instinctively. It does not act like it acts because it is a person as it is not. JENOVA is instinct-driven (by far more than we as "animals" are as it only works like that). That is why "Id" is absolutely fitting, being the instinct or following only the instinct is of no relevance (as we both are partly the instinct and also follow it) when it comes to that. It can be understood what I mean.

It is always bad when explaining things gets like this. So sorry but let's just avoid each other.

Now back to topic.

Forsaken Lover
12-18-2013, 08:09 AM
I read the ultimania about ten years ago. Right about the time AC first came out. I have seen the translation of the Ultimania Omega as well as the assorted other Ultimanias that came out to further suppelement the Compilation that the Lifestream site is kind enough to host.

But hey, don't let me stop you from going.

Edit: Well darn, I guess I'll just have to live my life without you. However will I go on?