PDA

View Full Version : MOAR info on FFX/X-2 HD

AssassinDX
12-16-2013, 06:58 PM
As we know, March 18th in the US, 21st in Europe.
Final Fantasy X/X-2 is on the same disc for PS3, X is on cart and X-2 is a download code for Vita.
Limited edition comes with artbook:

Trophies are shared between PS3 and Vita versions
Saves are shared
No cross buy
£30 RRP for both versions, so probably about $50. Confirmation of that would be much appreciated
For the UK release there's not going to be fancy box artwork:

http://eu.square-enix.com/sites/default/files/image_gallery/490/2190cb59feb899be6b1554550628e35f.jpg

There is in the US:

No idea why saves and trophies are shared but there's no cross buy option, they should have either included all or none of it in my opinion.

Ayen
12-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Not sure how Vita works. Does it cost money to have?

No idea what a 'no cross buy' is either.

AssassinDX
12-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Vita is Sony's portable handheld console. It costs about the same as a 3DS, at least here it does.

Cross buy is basically where you buy the game for one console and it's available on the other, so people were hoping to buy the PS3 version and receive a code to play it on Vita at no extra cost. As it stands you now have to spend double the money if you want it on both consoles, even though trophies and saved games are shared between the two.

Ayen
12-16-2013, 07:07 PM
Ohh, that's right. The successor to the PSP? -headdesk- I forgot and kept thinking it was an online function or something.

Shame. Looks like you'll have to stick to the big screen. I love the concept behind that, though (the being able to play a game on the PS3 and Vista with no extra cost, not what's Square is doing. What Square is doing is stupid).

AssassinDX
12-16-2013, 07:11 PM
That's the one, I don't own a Vita (yet) but yeah it would have been cool to finish up a session on the PS3 version, save the game, and then continue in bed or during a break at work or something on the Vita.

Of course that's still attainable, but yeah making it cost extra is a dumb move. Makes sense from a business perspective of course as they'll squeeze more money out of people, but it's still a bad move in my opinion.

Hollycat
12-16-2013, 07:30 PM
I'll be getting it on the Vita.

I'm betting on $40, that's what I've seen it listed at.

Jessweeee♪
12-16-2013, 11:07 PM
I think the UK art is prettier and less photoshoppy.

AssassinDX
12-16-2013, 11:24 PM
That's generally the case with a lot of box art:

http://spong.com/news/h/e/heavyrainu316254/_-Heavy-Rain-UK-Box-Art-vs-US-FIGHT-_.jpg

http://watchusplaygames.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/resident-evil-4-gamecube-usa-vs-uk-cover-artwork-comparison-box-art.jpg

you can tell which is which.

Jessweeee♪
12-16-2013, 11:28 PM
It's like the US box art is like

THESE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THE GAME

and the UK is like

here's a purdy picture

Hollycat
12-16-2013, 11:31 PM
It's kinda insulting

Ayen
12-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Yeah... We like to clutter up our box arts over here except for the rarest of exceptions.

Mirage
12-17-2013, 01:02 AM
I'm actually kind of annoyed that we got US-style for FF13.

Pike
12-17-2013, 09:37 PM
So I have until March 18 to get a PS3, got it.

(I really really want this game)

Jinx
12-17-2013, 09:40 PM

get me one too

Hollycat
12-18-2013, 01:37 AM

get me one too
While you're buying, I could always use a spare.

DMKA
12-19-2013, 04:21 AM
There is in the US:

Oh come on! Look at that lame copy/past job. How lazy! I could do better in Photoshop. No, I could do better in GIMP!

Hell the box art is incentive enough to pre-order the limited edition. Shiny black box >>>> bad shopjob of two ten year old wallpapers box.

http://cdn.sqexeu.com/files/ff10hd/sharedAssets/images/preorder-us1.png

Mirage
12-19-2013, 04:07 PM
For the UK release there's not going to be fancy box artwork:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say... Europe clearly got the better deal here.

That's the one, I don't own a Vita (yet) but yeah it would have been cool to finish up a session on the PS3 version, save the game, and then continue in bed or during a break at work or something on the Vita.

Of course that's still attainable, but yeah making it cost extra is a dumb move. Makes sense from a business perspective of course as they'll squeeze more money out of people, but it's still a bad move in my opinion.

I bet that both versions will drop to insignificantly low prices in not too many months. If you think it's too expensive to get both versions, just wait a bit and I'm sure you can buy both PSV and PS3 versions for a lower total cost than what the PS3 version was at release. HD ports typically do not stay at their initial price for very long.