PDA

View Full Version : THE CAUSE

Tarantio
12-16-2013, 07:44 PM
To make gil to buy a house and make Bob feel better!

Housing prices have been released, and they are huge :mad2: (Sargatanas only):

They will drop over time, to a maximum of half at 90 days (not sure if that's game days or RL days?) So we would be aiming for 125 mil to 156 mil for the large house. Its a lot, but if we pull together, we can make it!! :D

Apparently there will be a lot more ways to make gil - beastman dailies, treasure hunts, dungeon monsters etc.

I've just got my first craft to 50 (GSM), but not geared yet, so I don't think I'd make money quickly with that. I think my best bet would be Bob's suggestion of farming philosophy and buying ingredients - then a proper crafter making two star gear.....so Bob - what do you want me to buy with my tomes!?

Everyone else, what are your ideas?

Lets do this together - Loony BoB needs you!

(who's good at photoshop - we need a propoganda picture with BoB's face on - or alternatively, a fat chocobo! :P)

Ravan
12-16-2013, 07:59 PM
:love:

Valerna
12-16-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm going to donate some of my gil to The Cause too. Don't rly have a crafter other then Culinarian at lv50 atm ._.

Ravan
12-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Gonna Donate what I have, (T too) and like the idea of trying the Philfarming as a way of increasing the craftable output in our higher leveled and geared crafters (without them having to do all the fighting themselves unless they wanna). I am going to see about My Alchemist as I just got my Af gear and need to collect Materia to pimp it some more :) Hoping that and the leatherworker I am leveling will be able to contribute :)
Also Duty Rouletting with a lower level job will help level, get Tomes and gill I hope :D

o_O
12-16-2013, 09:29 PM
I'm just gonna keep spiritbonding my gear and hope that the materia market doesn't bottom out like my precious diremite web market did. *shakes fist*

I think even the HM primal drops are gonna plummet in price now that housing is so unaffordable; people are gonna be selling their horns/feathers/hearts just to get the money to buy land. It might be about time to actually follow through on that crafting thing.

ThePheonix
12-16-2013, 11:38 PM
I've been working on slowly making some profit through crafting to put some gil towards the FC house / home / base (what will we call it?). It's been kinda going slowly, and I still don't quite have 1% of what we need... maybe there will be more profit in something new like furniture or the changed 2-star recipes for the first few weeks...

Ideally, we may be able to do something as a group to make some of the gil, like the treasure maps that need a party perhaps.

Ouch!
12-17-2013, 06:12 AM
I'm going to donate some of my gil to The Cause too. Don't rly have a crafter other then Culinarian at lv50 atm ._.

It should be noted that given changes to the way food works (no longer removed on death), CUL actually stands to be the most profitable crafting class in the game in 2.1. There's going to be an increased demand for food, and given that you are guaranteed the full 30 minute effect regardless of death, HQ food will be a better investment.

Other crafts, on the other hand, are already facing saturated markets. The addition of many furniture recipes stood to create new products with relatively high demand. However, due to the prohibitively high cost of land, only a select few will be able to afford housing from launch. The worst part, of course, is that those who can afford the housing probably already have a slew of crafters in their Free Company and will therefore be able to craft their own, leaving a market with no (or at least relatively few) buyers.

I find that people are far more likely to craft their own items than they are to farm the materials for said items. It's possible that gathering classes may be more profitable than crafting classes for a while.

I'm just gonna keep spiritbonding my gear and hope that the materia market doesn't bottom out like my precious diremite web market did. *shakes fist*

Materia is going to plummet like crazy. Yoshida announced in a video today while he went over patch notes that tier IV material will now be obtainable from gear with an item level lower than 50. Presumably this also means that materia from item level 50+ gear will have an increased drop rate.

Yoshida announced that players will be able to make 15,000 - 20,000 gil daily from "battle". I haven't seen official translations yet, but it seems he was implying this was the amount of money one could expect from daily quests. It will be interesting to see how new gil fountains affect the economy given that previous the game primarily consisted of gil sinks. Yoshida said that he expects that most people will be able to afford housing if they save up over the next three months (which incidentally is the time at which land will reach 50% value). Given that the non-vanity content associated with housing (features that provide bonuses to the free company, chocobo stables, etc.) will not be available until 2.2 and 2.3, this all seems as though it's by design.

Loony BoB
12-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Re: Materia - It could be that grade 5 materia may be appearing soon. We already have grade 5 carbonized matter, after all. With iLvl 90 gear now starting to become more prominent in the game along with grade 4's becoming easier to obtain, it wouldn't surprise me if people started getting iLvl 70+ crafted gear spiritbonded with a chance of turning into grade 5 materia.

Tarantio
12-17-2013, 12:52 PM
I've read about that (15-20k from dailies) somewhere too Ouch!. However, doing the math, you would need 93 members getting 20k a day, 7 days a week for 3 months to be able to afford the large house in the best spot (and still be 10k short!). Are the large houses *that* big to fit 93 people?

I have watched a video in which MrHappy talks about it, and he mentions that it will be the 'economic endgame equivalent'. But why should SE advertise housing SO much in the run-up to patch? You wouldn't advertise The Binding Coils, and full Allagan gear as one of the biggest reasons for a brand new player to get them to play the game - if that was why they started, seeing that their goal would be 3-6 months down the line, they would finish after the free trial. Not saying we're going to stop because of the house prices, but it is a disappointment.

I would like to see the relative sizes of the houses, as if the mansions are massive, maybe a medium would be big enough as we are? But with the 'relinquishing' being the only way to get rid of the plot, it isn't a stepping stone to a large, it is a set back to saving...

Sorry....didn't mean to rant! :( This thread was meant to be more to do with positive suggestions on making money!

In terms of materia, I'd have to look at the market board, but would you earn more by melding it into 2 star gear, and selling it fully/part melded? There seems to be fairly standard gear setups for min/maxing - I would imagine creating sellable combinations would be relatively easy - especially if we all start spiritbinding and donate the required materia.

Perhaps if there are any career crafters out there who would like to mainly craft - we could make a thread up for stuff that currently sells well. Then the career gatherers and fighters can go out and farm the stuff.

Everything is going to be different in 2.1, with everyone trying to save for houses, and new gil creation methods - so I suppose we'll see what becomes the best way to make money!

Tarantio
12-17-2013, 03:32 PM
I'm at work, so shouldn't really be posting (don't tell Rav!) but I had to share this!! :

N (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/127656-An-Open-Letter-to-Yoshida-san-Please-Slice-One-Zero-Off-the-Housing-Prices?p=1685344#post1685344)aoki Yoshida Replies to Housing (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/127656-An-Open-Letter-to-Yoshida-san-Please-Slice-One-Zero-Off-the-Housing-Prices?p=1685344#post1685344)

Loony BoB
12-17-2013, 05:15 PM
62.5m gil for the best housing there is, that's achievable for us, definitely.

Tarantio
12-17-2013, 06:00 PM
That's how I read it too. I was worried that he meant the starting price (so 125mil), and someone later on does ask for clarification on it (but there are no other posts from Yoshi)

But assuming it is 63 mil.... that's definitely achievable! If we pool all we've got at the minute, we'd probably be a quarter/third of the way there already. Obviously we'd have to wait for the price to come down....but if we can reach that goal, then anything that surpasses it just means we'll get it early! =D

Ravan
12-17-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm at work, so shouldn't really be posting (don't tell Rav!) but I had to share this!! :

N (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/127656-An-Open-Letter-to-Yoshida-san-Please-Slice-One-Zero-Off-the-Housing-Prices?p=1685344#post1685344)aoki Yoshida Replies to Housing (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/127656-An-Open-Letter-to-Yoshida-san-Please-Slice-One-Zero-Off-the-Housing-Prices?p=1685344#post1685344)

Ravan Already KNOWS

Jessweeee♪
12-18-2013, 12:11 AM
Yes, I say let's go big! I will help however I can c:

Baloki
12-22-2013, 11:48 PM
I can chuck a quarter of a mil in, not really got much more then that though :s

Elpizo
12-23-2013, 01:18 AM
All in all, I think I donated 50.000 gil this week to the chest. I know it's not much, but then again I mostly got this through dungeons and dailies, so I didn't do any crafting or gathering that would make a lot of gil. Still, every gil helps, right? We're almost at 20 mil!

Yeargdribble
12-23-2013, 03:48 AM
Do we have a total figure in mind? Are we aiming at a particular house size at a particular discount? I'm enjoying the short term goals, but I'd like to know what the big picture goal is.

Jessweeee♪
12-23-2013, 03:49 AM
We want THE BEST house for THE BEST Free Company :v

NeoCracker
12-23-2013, 05:05 AM
Well, donated just under 4.5 K. There you go. :p

Loony BoB
12-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Every little helps!

We're aiming for a large house. That means 50m-62.5m in a few months' time, unless they're all snapped up by then (I doubt they will be... there are 33 large houses and we are the 51st largest FC on Sargatanas, we can't be the poorest of those and I don't know how many of those FC's are active and/or wanting to "go large".

Loony BoB
01-16-2014, 04:32 PM
*bump*

[NA] Housing Price Adjustments (Dec. 26): Follow-up (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/133758-NA-Housing-Price-Adjustments-%28Dec.-26%29-Follow-up)

Great news! :D Housing prices are being dropped again not only tonight, but also in one week's time they'll get dropped again! Very happy with this. :) Everyone keep an eye on this if you can, as I'm keen to see how far the prices are expected to drop for the most expensive 'large' houses. A notable change will mean we might actually be able to afford a decent house in decent time.

EDIT: Also...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/139195-EU-Price-Adjustment-on-the-Small-Plot-of-Land-(Jan.-16)

Although that doesn't impact us as much, hopefully it will mean a few people will just cave and buy a small plot in the short term and that means we'll have a better market for furniture, perhaps.

*Devore*
06-16-2014, 01:34 PM
I'll donate some money whenever I get round to joining but don't you guys already have a house? I'm pretty sure I saw it when I first unlocked the housing area. Or are you after a bigger house?
Btw, I thought it was kind of funny/weird that you can just walk into other peoples house and look about, very classic FF.

Loony BoB
06-16-2014, 01:35 PM
We do now, yeah, we ended up getting a medium =]

Aulayna
06-16-2014, 01:38 PM
We do have a house now (the first post in this thread was actually from December last year!), the money income was slowing down so it was decided to buy a Medium Estate (the one we have now) instead of a Mansion. :) I think the goal is to get a mansion eventually, but that's a long way off and people are looking toward rooms in the FC house and their own personal housing come 2.4 - so you might just want to hold onto your gil, especially as activity in the FC in general is pretty low right now. :)

Loony BoB
06-16-2014, 02:11 PM
Yeah, definitely hold off at the moment. Until all forms of housing are released, your gil is better off kept by yourself. Even afterwards, you never know how important gil will or will not become!

*Devore*
06-18-2014, 01:03 AM
Was there any mention on how much rooms in a FC house would be? As I'd prefer a room to getting my own house since I'd only use it as a place to login and out.

o_O
06-18-2014, 01:09 AM
I believe it's going to be 300k gil for a personal room. I've seen 800k thrown about for personal housing when it's finally released, but I wouldn't place any faith in that number since it's so far off.

Lumos
06-27-2014, 05:31 PM
Our house is completely awesome and I think everyone is SOOOOOO happy with it!! :) :) I love it and we hang out there (even if afk :p ) all the time! It really feels like home.

Side note: Love how once you log in, it reverts to the previous forum look (black/blue). That white, I'm just not used to. :o

Ravan
10-22-2014, 09:46 AM
And now "The Cause is OVER"!! Big big house, and Bob is just concentrating on getting rich!!!
It would be fun if they made it so you could trade your gil for a gold pile to furnish your house with :p (Temp of course, you can cash it back in later to spend!) like a treasury in one of the Fable games.

Elpizo
10-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Nah, the Cause has been expanded to include saving gil for an airship. ;)

Loony BoB
10-22-2014, 12:42 PM
Gil donations are indeed now being saved for "future purposes" which we expect will be an airship, but you never know. Still, for now, no urgency. :D