PDA

View Full Version : What's the Worst Movie you've seen recently?

Fuzakeru
12-17-2013, 04:15 AM
Recently meaning in the last year, I suppose. Yeah. Last year works!

Mine was at a Halloween Party. We were supposed to watching The Conjuring and ended up watching The ABC's of Death instead. We didn't even make it a third of the way through the alphabet before I just buried my face in my cell phone and tried not to look at the screen.

Calliope
12-17-2013, 04:22 AM
Last night Spuuky watched Law Abiding Citizen. He said it was an "action movie", so I said I'd glance at it while I was doing some other work. It was so violent and gory it triggered my PTSD and I almost had to run to the bathroom to vomit. The Saw franchise is one of my favourite movie series, but this was just traumatizing, and I only saw little snippets of it.

Lonely Paper Star
12-17-2013, 04:42 AM
I just watched Bling Ring solely for Emma Watson, but everyone's acting was wooden and the dialogue was very awkward. IDEK. Watson's was all right, but her character was terrible. :<

I Took the Red Pill
12-17-2013, 05:20 AM
The only one I can think of is The Game.

It wasn't so much that the entire movie was bad. I thought the middle of the movie was, overall, pretty good.

But it has THE SINGLE WORST ending I have ever seen in my life. The most nonsensical, far-fetched, bullshit ending I've yet encountered.

I came into the movie expecting to like it, because I'm usually a fan of "mind-fuck" movies, but I was so pissed off when the credits started rolling.

Shiny
12-17-2013, 05:41 AM
Last night Spuuky watched Law Abiding Citizen. He said it was an "action movie", so I said I'd glance at it while I was doing some other work. It was so violent and gory it triggered my PTSD and I almost had to run to the bathroom to vomit. The Saw franchise is one of my favourite movie series, but this was just traumatizing, and I only saw little snippets of it.
:confused: Are you saying you thought Law Abiding Citizen was gorier than The Saw franchise? If that's the case, that's definitely not true. Or are you talking about the scene where they rape and murdered his family and made him watch?

Recently the worse film I've seen is Caligula, but honestly I went in to it expecting some really horrible things. The whole film seems like it's more for reaction rather than being a biopic. There's so much more historically they could've focused on, but instead they decided to make every scene focus on someone getting their penis chopped off, sexually humiliated, or other weird sex-related things. I was grossed out by it at one point and I'm the type of person that loves films like A Clockwork Orange and some really disturbing films.

EDIT: Just discovered they made a Caligula II which is apparently worse than the first film.

CimminyCricket
12-17-2013, 05:43 AM
recently stumbled on a sex tape my parents made that was at the top of my worst movies ever list

i haven't seen a movie recently that i decided i couldn't finish watching. if i can finish watching it, it must not be a bad movie

Shorty
12-17-2013, 06:07 AM
Oz, The Great and Powerful. Completely disappointing and just in general god-awfully terrible. Silent Hill: Revelation takes the cake for being the worst movie I've seen in 2013, though, and possibly even in my life. I recognize that the first Silent Hill is nothing to write home about, but I love it because I'm a fan of the games. The second one was just atrocious.

I haven't seen too many new movies this year, comparative to previous years. Non-related to the topic of discussion, I am super excited about 2014 and I think it has a lot of awesome film potential.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-17-2013, 06:13 AM
I honestly haven't seen that many movies until recently, and I've really only been watching movies that I know I'll probably like. I'm sure there is something, but for now I'll go with The Last Airbender because that is one of the only movies I can't tolerate at all.

Calliope
12-17-2013, 06:35 AM
Shiny:

It was a combination of that scene, the judge/telephone scene, and the general sense that unlike in Saw, no one really had a chance to escape.

Elskidor
12-17-2013, 06:58 AM
Probably Olympus Down or Olympus Will Fall or whatever that was. Good intro, but overall weak weak film.

Fynn
12-17-2013, 07:43 AM
Hmm... A Polish movie called Afonia i pszczoły (Afonia and the Bees, I guess?). I mean, it's actually not a bad movie at all, I usually enjoy this director's work, but the protagonist is so self-centered and unlikeable that I can't stand it. It's the only movie that made me scream at the screen in frustration. And the film really wants us to sympathize with her, even though she's a horrible, selfish person.

Miriel
12-17-2013, 08:16 AM
I watched The Great Gatsby on the airplane recently and it was just so bad. Terrible stuff.

Annnd before that Les Miserables. That one wasn't terrible so much as it was extremely long and boring. There were snippets of it that I loved but for the most part it was a clunker. gtfo Russell Crowe!

AssassinDX
12-17-2013, 09:22 AM
The second Silent Hill movie, whatever that was called. Saw it in 3D and the effect was cool, but the film was dull as dishwater.

Ayen
12-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Angel Instrument. That movie wrote the book on pacing problems. The story itself wasn't so bad but it had no room to breathe and you didn't care about any of the plot twists because the movie didn't give you time to care about the characters.

Calliope
12-17-2013, 04:13 PM
I watched The Great Gatsby on the airplane recently and it was just so bad. Terrible stuff.

Holy crap, we just agreed on something. I haven't seen Les Miserables yet, but I couldn't even watch more than the first fifteen minutes of Gatsby. It's not really a surprise to me though, given that I hated the book, too.

Shorty
12-17-2013, 04:17 PM
I also tried watching Gatsby on a plane and had to shut it off before Gatsby even showed up. It was atrocious.

Madame Adequate
12-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Probably Star Trek V. It's not without redeeming features and I wouldn't put it in an actual "Worst movies" list, but of the things I've seen in the past year this one's probably the worst.

Ask me again in a few months when Pike and I have watched Star Trek: Nemesis :gruffi:

Pike
12-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Probably Star Trek V. It's not without redeeming features and I wouldn't put it in an actual "Worst movies" list, but of the things I've seen in the past year this one's probably the worst.

Ask me again in a few months when Pike and I have watched Star Trek: Nemesis :gruffi:

But is Nemesis worse than Insurrection?

Soon we shall have our answer, I suppose :holmes:

Sephex
12-17-2013, 05:29 PM

But is Nemesis worse than Insurrection?

Soon we shall have our answer, I suppose :holmes:

Hiserrection is a masterpiece compared to Nemesis. Nemesis is terrible and leaves the TNG cast on such an awful note.

Rantz
12-17-2013, 05:42 PM
I'll have to third Silent Hill: Revelations. There was just no way for me to approach that in a way that I could enjoy it.

Shauna
12-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Cinderella II: Dreams Come True

...what?

Shlup
12-17-2013, 08:33 PM
Oz: The Great and Powerful was so pointless, and a lot of the special effects just looked weird. I was miserable the entire way through.

This is the End was also awful. It was fun in an I-enjoy-these-celebrities-look-how-much-fun-they're-having-smurfing-around-together, but it was also really, really terrible. Except the Backstreet Boys part.

Holy crap, we just agreed on something. I haven't seen Les Miserables yet, but I couldn't even watch more than the first fifteen minutes of Gatsby. It's not really a surprise to me though, given that I hated the book, too.
You're shocked to agree with Miriel on something? xD

I haven't seen either of those yet.

...what?
Cinderella II was just episodes from a princess TV show that never aired--not a proper movie. Cinderella III actually wasn't bad.

Pumpkin
12-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Surf Nazis Must Die

Pike
12-17-2013, 08:37 PM
Surf Nazis Must Die

...but... but that sounds amazing!

Miriel
12-17-2013, 08:37 PM

Yeah, whaaat? Either Nicky thinks her opinions are super outliers or mine are. :p

Pumpkin
12-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Surf Nazis Must Die

...but... but that sounds amazing!

Its... its not. It is really just awful.

Shauna
12-17-2013, 08:59 PM

...what?
Cinderella II was just episodes from a princess TV show that never aired--not a proper movie. Cinderella III actually wasn't bad.

Well, they sell it as a movie, so I will judge it so. But yeah, Cinderella III was somehow enjoyable, definitely top tier Disney sequel material. Not that it has much to compete with.

Ayen
12-17-2013, 09:15 PM
I don't get how you continue the story of Cinderella...

Shauna
12-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Poorly.

Dat Matt
12-17-2013, 09:43 PM
I too watched Cinderella 2. I didnt't consider it the worst Disney movie we had seen until the end credits. This plummeted it down about 3 places to dead last.

bLDbfYX1yMw

Calliope
12-18-2013, 12:17 AM

Yeah, whaaat? Either Nicky thinks her opinions are super outliers or mine are. :p

Maybe I'm just hung up regarding our differing food group opinions and that you always disagree with Spuuky :p

Shlup
12-18-2013, 01:36 AM

...what?

Well, they sell it as a movie, so I will judge it so. But yeah, Cinderella III was somehow enjoyable, definitely top tier Disney sequel material. Not that it has much to compete with.
I didn't mean to imply you couldn't; I was just droppin' Disney facts like I do.

I don't get how you continue the story of Cinderella...
I don't remember the second one, but in the third one of the ugly stepsisters steals the fairy godmother's wand and sends everything back to the beginning of the first movie, so it's basically the first movie redone where Cinderella actually, like, advances the plot and has a personality and stuff.

Ayen
12-18-2013, 01:39 AM
That does sound interesting.

Miriel
12-18-2013, 06:54 AM
Maybe I'm just hung up regarding our differing food group opinions and that you always disagree with Spuuky :p

I wasn't even aware we had differing opinions on food groups! I wonder what they are. And to be fair, everyone disagrees with Spuuky at some point. :greenie:

And for the topic at hand, I can't believe so many of you watched Oz the Great and Powerful, I couldn't even stand the previews for it. I think I might hate James Franco.

Shorty
12-18-2013, 06:56 AM
I legitimately had hope that it would be good. The Wizard of Oz is one of the greatest movies ever made and there was some part of me that had hope that it might get measured up to within the realm of Oz. It didn't.

James Franco looked baked the entire time and Mila Kunis was the absolute worst. My god, she was so bad! I was actually really excited about her at first but she was just godawful.

Ayen
12-18-2013, 04:03 PM
They're coming out with another one. A CGI animated one where Dorthy is voiced by Rachel from Glee.

Shorty
12-18-2013, 04:08 PM
They need to stop this immediately.

Ayen
12-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Hollywood will never stop mooching off the success of established franchises that already made money.

Miriel
12-19-2013, 02:43 AM
I don't understand why they keep making these terrible Oz movies and just skipping right over Wicked. Personally, I'd looove to movie adaptation of the musical.

Shorty
12-19-2013, 03:01 AM
Wicked isn't a part of the original Oz series, which is what they are trying to (poorly) recreate.

DMKA
12-19-2013, 03:35 AM
People hated Oz: The Great and Powerful? I loved it!

The worst movie I've seen recently is The Smurfs 2 when it was on in a waiting room I was sitting in the other day. It was beyond terrible, and if I had kids there's no way in heck I'd let them watch something so stupid.

Shorty
12-19-2013, 03:36 AM
I would have preferred to see The Smurfs 2 over Oz.

Because atleast then the expectations would have been realistically achieved.

TrollHunter
12-19-2013, 03:44 AM
Birdemic :Oo:

Miriel
12-19-2013, 04:03 AM
Wicked isn't a part of the original Oz series, which is what they are trying to (poorly) recreate.

I know, but Hollywood is obviously desperate for Wizard of Oz related shenanigans, and have created a bunch of crappy stuff based around that need. Wicked just seems like a perfect thing to adapt to the big screen.

Shorty
12-19-2013, 04:04 AM
It is kindof curious that they made a musical out of it before making a film adaptation! I never thought of that before.

noxious.sunshine
12-19-2013, 06:03 AM
O.o I thought I posted here.

Oh well.

Sharknado.

That is all.

Botchmun
12-19-2013, 06:56 AM
I don't watch a lot of movies, not at all. As such the worst movie I've seen this year was The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. The only other movie I saw this year was Pacific Rim and I loved that movie so much. By no means was Hobbit 2 a bad movie, just the 'worst' I saw this year.

barring that ending...

Pike
12-19-2013, 10:27 AM
Birdemic :Oo:

dude you can't say this sort of thing about the greatest movie of our time

maybee
12-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Hunchback of Notre Dame II

http://www.cornel1801.com/disney/Hunchback-of-Notre-Dame-II-2002/characters/Clopin.jpg

Dat animation

blackmage_nuke
12-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Hunchback of Notre Dame II
Dat animation
100 times yes

100 times no

Hollycat
12-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Most Recently? Ender's Game.
A terrible, rushed product that may effectively Shyamalan the series, and it wasn't even produced by Shyamalan

Ayen
12-19-2013, 01:03 PM
A terrible, rushed product that may effectively Shyamalan the series, and it wasn't even produced by Shyamalan

Damn! And I was planning to see that too because Hailee Steinfeld.

Hollycat
12-19-2013, 01:09 PM

Damn! And I was planning to see that too because Hailee Steinfeld.
If you really wanted to see it, you still should, but don't go in with high expectations or you will leave disappointed

Jessweeee♪
12-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Sharknado

Shorty
12-19-2013, 05:18 PM
I saw Ender's Game a month and a half ago and already blocked it out of my conscious. Worst movie of the year.

Calliope
12-19-2013, 06:07 PM
I watched Lady & The Tramp for the first time a couple of days ago, and was somewhat aghast at the terrible ethnic stereotypes and the meth addict lady dog :p

Shorty
12-19-2013, 06:08 PM
But Lady and the Tramp is so great :(

Calliope
12-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Gonna be vaguely racist if you please
Gonna be vaguely racist if you don't please

Spuuky
12-19-2013, 06:18 PM
Gonna be vaguely racist if you please
Gonna be vaguely racist if you don't please"Vaguely"

Pike
12-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Don't watch the "What Makes the Red Man Red" sequence of Peter Pan.

Araciel
12-20-2013, 04:48 AM
Immortal on Youtube

shit what a waste of brain cells.