PDA

View Full Version : Smurf!

Elskidor
12-17-2013, 05:00 AM
I don't normally even cuss, but I've found myself saying smurf you and smurfing yaddi yaddi. I don't mean that I'm using the "F" word, but I'm actually saying the little blue dude and filtering myself in real life. This happen to anyone else? I've caught this filter really screwing with my vocabulary. It's not bad, and sometimes even humorous and I get some really weird looks. Happen to you? Does it smurfing happen to you?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-17-2013, 05:09 AM
I've described myself as having a troutty day on other posts here. Wasn't even trying to cover up another word, I just like how it looks typed out.

Shorty
12-17-2013, 06:14 AM
I have never accidentally or almost said smurf, but sometimes when I see the actual word I translate it to smurf in my head, the same as I do with trout.

The company I work for manages an asset for one of our clients with the word "trout" in it, and it makes it makses me giggle to say out loud because I pretend I'm saying a swear instead.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-17-2013, 06:21 AM
I never say or almost say these things myself, but that's mainly because I don't ever swear really. I do automatically translate the swear words into smurf and trout just because I find it more amusing, though. Trout actually appears in my thoughts quite frequently. Just today at work I kept thinking about how "trouty" things were.