PDA

View Full Version : New Years Resolution Prediction Thread!

Dat Matt
12-17-2013, 09:58 PM
So 2014 is only 2 weeks away! That being said, what predictions and resolutions do you have for 2014? Here's what I expect my resolutions to be:

1. Exercise more / eat healthy / eliminate fixxy drinks etc.
2. Post more on the forum / chat
3. Complete Every Zelda game that I've yet to finish by 2015

I assume I'll break #1 in a week, but I'll try to do 2/3. What are you're new years resolutions for this year? Will you manage to stick to them? How long will it take you to break them?

Dat Matt
12-17-2013, 10:07 PM
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/158/b/2/You__re_TOO_Slow_by_sonicfan564.jpg

What of the 10 are you most likely to succeed next year?

Calliope
12-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Protip: If you want to actually act on and achieve a goal, it needs to be more specific than simply "exercise more".

Shorty
12-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Begin seriously working on one of the zillions of stories/ideas I've started and haven't progressed with

Make three blog posts a week
Create a book list and read atleast thirty books
Learn to sew & crochet
Open an etsy store again
Pick ten things to knock off my bucket list.
Do more traveling!
Play/finish FFs I-X
Play/finish all Fallout games

My one prediction next year is that I will move. Other than that, all bets are off and I am looking forward to the surprises that are in store for 2014. I do think next year will be a happier year than this one, though.

Shauna
12-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Protip: If you want to actually act on and achieve a goal, it needs to be more specific than simply "exercise more".

We have had a daily exercise plan written out for months, but have thus far failed to implement it. xD So we have a slightly more in depth plan than just "exercise more".

OP: I like how the one you are sure you'll be able to keep up with is the one about video games. Imagine that

Ayen
12-17-2013, 10:19 PM
My New Years Resolution is not to have anymore New Years Resolutions, looks like I'm off to a good start already.

Serious Answer
1.) Review Final Fantasy VIII
2.) Celebrate Women's Month by reviewing the original Tomb Raider, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil Nemesis, Bayonetta and Mirror's Edge even though I'm sure I'll regret that last one the moment I start playing it because of how much I suck!
3.) Review WWF Attitude in the aftermath of WreslteMania XXX.
4.) Review Spider-Man 2 Enter Electro on the week The Amazing Spider-Man 2 comes out.

What? I stick to things I know I can realistically do.

Dat Matt
12-17-2013, 10:20 PM
Maybe you'll finish the Wind Waker in 2014 Miss Mitchell.

My New Years Resolution is not to have anymore New Years Resolutions, looks like I'm off to a good start already.

Serious Answer
2.) Celebrate Women's Month by reviewing the original Tomb Raider, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil Nemesis, Bayonetta and Mirror's Edge

What made you decide for Metroid Prime. If I recall Samus doesn't actually have a character in that. She does in Metroid fusion however which is one of my favorite games ever..

Scotty_ffgamer
12-17-2013, 10:20 PM
*Start substitute teaching
*update my current blog once a week
*write at least one short story a month
*write at least one chapter of one of my novel ideas every month
*Play through Final Fantasy III, V, and XII
*Get a car
*Go on a road trip after I get a car
*Write at least 1 article a month for EoFF

Botchmun
12-17-2013, 10:21 PM
I resolved last year to be less of a mouthy jackass.

...Maybe this year.

Shaibana
12-17-2013, 10:34 PM
i never have any :l
and i dont think ill have any now ..

ooh well i know one now: get a job :P

escobert
12-17-2013, 10:39 PM
My resolution is to end the globalist take over of the world :)

Ayen
12-17-2013, 10:42 PM
Maybe you'll finish the Wind Waker in 2014 Miss Mitchell.

Serious Answer
2.) Celebrate Women's Month by reviewing the original Tomb Raider, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil Nemesis, Bayonetta and Mirror's Edge

What made you decide for Metroid Prime. If I recall Samus doesn't actually have a character in that. She does in Metroid fusion however which is one of my favorite games ever..

Its success, mostly. I already reviewed Metroid Fusion back in July.

Minami
12-17-2013, 11:01 PM
1. Go back to veganism as dairy has been making me really sick these last few months
2. Get more exercise to get myself in shape
3. try to become a nicer person
4. Work harder on my English degree
5. Start saving a deposit so i can buy a house

Shlup
12-17-2013, 11:22 PM
All I want for next Christmas is to weigh what I did before I got pregnant.

Spuuky
12-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Stay cool, Bret, stay cool.

Shiny
12-18-2013, 12:49 AM
-Start stretching a lot more so that my body doesn't feel all old person-ish
-Learn more things to cook EVEN MORE THINGS
-Hang out with my friends more and less with my bf's friends because a few of them suck
-Make a feature film

starlet
12-18-2013, 01:32 AM
1. First and foremost, make myself happy and not worry about making everyone else happy. I'll end up running myself ragged trying to satisfy everyone elses needs instead of my own, especially at work.

2. Find a better job! And I don't mean new line of work, just a new place to work since I practically make minimum wage on big, time consuming dogs. Besides if I want to keep this apartment I have to have something that pays more.

3. Get a new car! Not brand new, but considering the fact that my transmission is slipping and there's 10,000 other things wrong with my car, its just time. That goes hand in hand with the new job.

4. Draw moar! I'm already kind of slipping since I've been really busy. It just seems like when I'm fairly content/not emotionally distressed I don't draw.

5. Post moar! I'll try not to disappear for months/years next year :3

6. Develop a workout routine. I know, it's so typical but I'm not doing it to lose weight; I want to not feel like such an old person. I'm not even 30 and I make groaning noises when getting up. I chopped down my own christmas tree a couple days and I'm STILL SORE. I figured losing weight would kind of just be one of the benefits :)

7. Save up money to take some classes for an Entrepreneurship Certification so I can start up my own business some time in the next couple of years. I don't HAVE to have this but I feel that going in with some business knowledge will help me a great deal with starting up.

noxious.sunshine
12-18-2013, 04:00 AM
1. I already know I'll be moving next month, so there's that.
2. Find a job that -isn't- in a restaurant & pays an actual paycheck on a regular basis.
3. I want to be what I weighed -after- pregnancy. And in the same way- without the help of illegal substances like back in Phoenix..
4. Find some kind of balance between going home to Nashville and to Texas regularly to be with my kid & dad.
5. Get my driver's license back.
6. Save money and get stable so that I can get Parker back for good... My Parker. Not eoff Not-Parker. xD
7. Send my dad money on a regular basis to help with groceries and things.

Pumpkin
12-18-2013, 02:46 PM
*Get a job
*Get back in to the weight loss thingy I was doing that was working before I stopped and gained it all back this past few months :(
*Buy Suikoden V and re-play it
*Be able to hold a small, basic conversation in Spanish

Sephex
12-18-2013, 02:56 PM
I'll attempt to lose weight again and then I'll remember how much I love drinking.

Old Manus
12-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Get a pay rise
Improve my cricket batting average
Increase pension contributions
Paint the spare bedroom
Buy a new car

...all this is doing is making me realise how many things I need to do.

Jess
12-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Start saving for a deposit on a house. I hate renting!

Rantz
12-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Finally get a driver's licence. Previously I've not needed it so much but I'm really starting to feeling limited without one.
Save up for a decent car
Make friends outside work. Since I moved here a year and a half ago I haven't made one friend that isn't a coworker or a friend of one. I'm a little fuzzy on where to start with this but I'm probably gonna look into classes for something I'm interested in. Thanks Jinx for that idea!

Edit: Actually, I'm gonna copy Manus with...

Get a pay rise. I'm already doing server administration/service responsibility unofficially at work, so I'm gonna try to make that official and get a pay rise to go with it. Will also facilitate the second bullet point.

Denmark
12-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Best Member - Loony BoB

oh not those predictions

Calliope
12-18-2013, 09:45 PM
1) Get a new job, or a promotion - or both!
2) Finally start doing that second set of volunteer work
3) Get my damn driver's license, even if it's just so I can apply for jobs that "require" you to have one
4) Buy a new guitar, or go on an overseas holiday
5) Lose ten or fifteen pounds, but no more than that
6) Do some serious work around graduate schools
7) Nail a goddamn B Chord
8) Finish writing a collection of 6 - 10 short stories, so I can be considered worthy of this "writer" moniker everyone has me pegged under :p
9) Stop being so inefficient at answering emails
!) Have a bloody amazing and drama free birthday celebration

Oh, and maybe: Be better friends with eoffers? I've received some candy canes from kind people who apparently find me intimidating, and I think I've also scared Sephex into thinking I'm a frail, sensitive flower. I'm not that bad, you guys! BRING ON THE FRIEND SHIP

EDIT: Just bite the bullet and get that fucking MRI done. *pours all her money down the drain*

Flying Mullet
12-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Get a pay rise
Improve my cricket batting average
Increase pension contributions
Paint the spare bedroom
Buy a new car

...all this is doing is making me realise how many things I need to do.
...all this is doing is making me realise how old you sound...

Shiny
12-19-2013, 05:00 AM
Oh last year my goal was to get my drivers license and I did, but I didn't really need it...good to have at least.

Jiro
12-19-2013, 11:40 AM
I have the same goal that I have had for the past, what, three years.

Be:

as swift as a coursing river
as forceful as a great typhoon
as strong as a raging fire
as mysterious as the dark side of the moon

Shaibana
12-19-2013, 02:57 PM
i know another new years resolution:

Get a ciddie award :D

Dat Matt
12-19-2013, 06:05 PM
Oh last year my goal was to get my drivers license and I did, but I didn't really need it...good to have at least.

I started driving lessons in october last year, passed by July. I can live without my car but it is damn handy to have.

Elskidor
12-20-2013, 05:50 AM
I kinda still wanna achieve becoming a pink marker.

Aulayna
12-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Accountable things:

Go the gym 3 times a week
Keep a daily food diary
Plan finances each month

Other stuff:

Improve my writing (also work on blogging/social media more)
Get a promotion at work/find a new job
Learn to sew

Life:

Stop putting off things for the sake of keeping others happy
Stop worrying about what others think
Meet up with BoB & smitten

Shauna
12-23-2013, 11:33 PM

:(

Aulayna
12-23-2013, 11:50 PM

:(

I include you and Matt as part of that! As it's inevitable you'll probs be there :p

Denmark
12-24-2013, 12:39 AM
Shauna and Matt are now just a subset of Daniel and Danielle.

Jiro
12-24-2013, 01:10 AM
Either Shauna or Matt should change their name so they can be a weird matching couple too. Shauna and Sean/Shaun/Shawn and Matt and Matilda/Maddy/something I don't know

Niale
12-24-2013, 12:08 PM
I have to think what school to choose next year. But other than that, i plan to just chill and play games :D

Calliope
12-24-2013, 12:12 PM
1) Get a new job, or a promotion - or both!
2) Finally start doing that second set of volunteer work
3) Get my damn driver's license, even if it's just so I can apply for jobs that "require" you to have one
4) Buy a new guitar, or go on an overseas holiday
5) Lose ten or fifteen pounds, but no more than that
6) Do some serious work around graduate schools
7) Nail a goddamn B Chord
8) Finish writing a collection of 6 - 10 short stories, so I can be considered worthy of this "writer" moniker everyone has me pegged under :p
9) Stop being so inefficient at answering emails
!) Have a bloody amazing and drama free birthday celebration

Oh, and maybe: Be better friends with eoffers? I've received some candy canes from kind people who apparently find me intimidating, and I think I've also scared Sephex into thinking I'm a frail, sensitive flower. I'm not that bad, you guys! BRING ON THE FRIEND SHIP

EDIT: Just bite the bullet and get that smurfing MRI done. *pours all her money down the drain*

Getting a head start, it seems.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-27-2013, 07:06 AM
As many people as there are that want to lose weight and get fit, I can't think of a better reason to remind people that this exists:

EoFF Fit - Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums (http://home.eyesonff.com/groups/eoff+fit.html)

It's easier with a support system!

Jiro
12-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Oh yeah. I plan on returning to training next year, given that I will be moving back up the coast. Cannot wait to stop despising my physical appearance holy fuck

radicaledward124
12-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Well Sister and i are going to start Insanity again. i plan to graduate from college, and hopefully get a good job with a studio somewhere closer to home. Start eating healthier and cut out sugary sweets. Drink more water and less Soda. over all just get back in shape, and try to always be the person that my critters think I am.

Parker
12-27-2013, 10:25 AM
*Participate more in forum events and games
*Be more sociable with forum members
*Meet up with EoFFers
*Gain the trust of admin and moderators ~July '14
*Become moderator
*Become admin ~Oct '14
*Unban demondude
*ban psychotic
*ban myself

KristaWebster
12-27-2013, 10:42 AM
Definitely quit smoking for sure.

Calliope
12-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Start smoking in 2014! Every year I try but I just don't have the stamina to keep going, and then I end up hating myself and giving up a few months in. This year though, I'm going to do it! I'm going to put little post its on the wall for motivation saying "puff puff makes you tough", "lung capacity is for the weak", and "no filter? no problem!". I'm also going to hang up a bunch of posters over my windows of The Rat Pack and other people smoking, in case I'm tempted to open the windows and breathe fresh air. I already have a little box of cigarette ash I can rub on all of my clothes, and one of my good friends has vowed to take up smoking too - so I'm going to call her if I'm feeling weak, especially if my coworkers are all going to go outside for a smoke and I'm wavering on joining them because it's too cold and I really don't like the sound of coughing and hacking. I think we'll get together and make matching bracelets for extra solidarity and motivation, and I've heard that if you snap rubber bands on your wrist, you can make yourself stop thinking bad things like "fresh air is awesome". If I can keep up chain smoking for six months, I'm going to reward myself with a new set of makeup to accentuate my new crow's feet and yellowing skin, and then if I reach a year I'm going to treat myself with a holiday to the seaside!

Parker
12-28-2013, 02:21 AM
Smoking is great

Shorty
12-28-2013, 02:24 AM
I'm adding "learn to play one song in guitar" to my list.

Calliope
12-28-2013, 02:37 AM
Learn the chords C, Am, Em and G, and you'll be set.

Shorty
12-28-2013, 02:44 AM
Maybe my goal should be to learn to read music first ;-; I did pretty well earlier this year but it's been months and I'm sure I've lost it all now.

Denmark
12-28-2013, 03:07 AM
Learn the chords C, Am, Em and G, and you'll be set.

but she said she only wanted to learn ONE song :confused:

also, Sarah, you should learn how to read tablature (aka tabs) (possibly in addition to reading music), it'll make learning guitar easier imo

Ghosteses
12-28-2013, 03:10 AM
post more
draw/sketch more
getting more regular about piano
finish ff1 so jason will not kill me
arrange my room
get out in the sun more in the summer
try and eat more

there is probably more i should be doing.... but i do not know what it is xD

Shorty
12-28-2013, 03:17 AM
I just started FF1! I am going after someone with my own name :jess:

Ayen
12-28-2013, 03:45 AM
I just started FF1! I am going after someone with my own name :jess:

Freaking Sarahs always getting kidnapped by knights who are weaker than imps.

Jiro
12-28-2013, 04:54 AM
Oh man I should probably try to pick up an instrument again. Been ages since I had anything to do with music.

fire_of_avalon
12-28-2013, 06:14 AM
1) Go back to school.

That's it.

Ghosteses
12-28-2013, 07:01 AM
Start smoking in 2014! Every year I try but I just don't have the stamina to keep going, and then I end up hating myself and giving up a few months in. This year though, I'm going to do it! I'm going to put little post its on the wall for motivation saying "puff puff makes you tough", "lung capacity is for the weak", and "no filter? no problem!". I'm also going to hang up a bunch of posters over my windows of The Rat Pack and other people smoking, in case I'm tempted to open the windows and breathe fresh air. I already have a little box of cigarette ash I can rub on all of my clothes, and one of my good friends has vowed to take up smoking too - so I'm going to call her if I'm feeling weak, especially if my coworkers are all going to go outside for a smoke and I'm wavering on joining them because it's too cold and I really don't like the sound of coughing and hacking. I think we'll get together and make matching bracelets for extra solidarity and motivation, and I've heard that if you snap rubber bands on your wrist, you can make yourself stop thinking bad things like "fresh air is awesome". If I can keep up chain smoking for six months, I'm going to reward myself with a new set of makeup to accentuate my new crow's feet and yellowing skin, and then if I reach a year I'm going to treat myself with a holiday to the seaside!

omg! xD i am sorry but this ... this post is win!

Ashi
12-29-2013, 02:26 PM
I was so sure there was a different new years resolution thread.

Normally I don't do new years resolutions, but I do have a few things that I want to achieve and they happen to coincide with new years so here goes:
- Appreciate what I have and not dwell on what I lost
- Enjoy the moment (the eternal struggle but we will get there!)
- Plan to go back to grad school if the program opens again
- Go back to my pre-pregnancy weight! Not too bothered about this one though as for once in my life my body feels beautiful...my body felt "fat" and "ugly" when I had a BMI of 18!!! Right now BMI is 24 and I'm happy!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-31-2013, 11:44 PM
I was so sure there was a different new years resolution thread.

There is :)

http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/153602-eyes-final-fantasy-new-years-resolutions.html

Jiro
01-01-2014, 12:29 AM
fyi I have already succeeded in my resolutions because I am incredible

Shlup
01-01-2014, 03:50 AM
My New Years Resolution is to be more like this bitch right here:

http://i.imgur.com/DWBdagJ.gif

Mahad
01-01-2014, 04:33 AM
On the beautiful game:
1: Get back in touch with my favorite team, I have too far away lately.
2: Watch all the awesome Champions games coming up
3: Watch as many of the World Cup games as possible
4: Watch all my regional team's games in the Libertadores.
5: Get new team jerseys.
6: May be play more if time allows.

For this site:
1: Get a new username.
2: Hit 400 posts before the end of 2014

Offsite:
3: Text the many friends I have not been able to see in ages to wish them a great new year.
4: Be more disciplined.
5: Get a job.
6: Be more sociable.

Gaming:
7: May be I'll get a more constant job and then, time allowing, I will try out some of the games I have been curious about; The Last of Us, Tales of Xilia and Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Wow. Never expected to get that long. Anything else I should add?

NeoExdeath
01-01-2014, 04:47 AM
My new years resolution is 1080p

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-02-2014, 02:45 AM
My new years resolution is 1080p

That would be nice :monster:

Shiny
01-02-2014, 10:01 AM
My New Years Resolution is to be more like this bitch right here:

http://i.imgur.com/DWBdagJ.gif

Holy shit that's amazing. Where can I get a step treadmill?