PDA

View Full Version : On this day I can haz cheeseburger

Ayen
12-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Not sure how I have gone 800+ posts without having a strong presence in the food board, but okay...

Do you have a day of the week dedicated to a specific food group that you always eat? Every Wednesday mom goes to McDonalds and picks up food from there for the rest of us to eat. This is where my love for Double Cheeseburger, large fries and a coke she never gets me because we have drinks here comes from. Just call Wednesday Cheeseburger day at our house, it's awesome.

Your turn.

Psychotic
12-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Pizza Thursday and Fish and Chips Friday. The latter is mandatory if you're British.

Shorty
12-18-2013, 07:54 PM
Friday used to be chimichanga, cherry coke and carrot cake day for me, but I've been trying to eat better. I don't have any specified foods days.

Calliope
12-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Nope, although in the summer it was like every other day was taco day.

Miriel
12-18-2013, 08:14 PM
I don't think my personality would do well with having a scheduled day to eat something.

I generally map out the week's meals when I go grocery shopping, but I don't set aside specific days for specific foods. Although we do tend to reserve weekends for eating out and weekdays for cooking at home. But even that is a fairly new phenomenon for me.

I had tacos for 4 days in a row this week. I would have kept going too, except I ran out of tacos.

noxious.sunshine
12-18-2013, 09:04 PM
Usually Fridays/Saturdays are either Chinese Food or Sushi.

But I'm like Muriel, I don't have a specific day for a specific food. I sit down on pay day and figure out meals for the week and make a grocery list. I get bored cooking the same stuff over and over again (which was a bad habit of my mom's)... So I try not to fall into that rut.

Night Fury
12-19-2013, 03:03 AM
We have a designated date night each week which we will sometimes go eat out for, but usually because we make a lot of awesome and nice meals during the week, we just want junk food and get take out burgers.

I do have to say though, these burgers are THE BEST burgers I've ever had. They make the buns from scratch, use glorious tasting meat and amazing cheese. And the fries. OMG THE FRIES.

Calliope
12-19-2013, 06:24 PM
If you have Burger Fuel over there Locky, then you have to try it!

Hollycat
12-19-2013, 11:12 PM
Every day is protein shake day.

I wish everyday was 0-calorie, 0-fat, delicious gyro day, but it doesn't work that way.

Chris
12-20-2013, 11:09 PM
i dedicate every day to McD