PDA

View Full Version : guilty pleasure

Shaibana
12-19-2013, 09:54 PM
what are your guilty pleasures?

even though i am a die hard action movie fan i have the guilty pleasure of liking Sissy: die junge kaiserin. an austrian movie from 1956 about the life of the german/austrian Empress Elisabeth, aka Sissy
talking about romantic slimy movies, you will not find any better then this.
Sissi, die junge Kaiserin (AT 1956) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGbp4-EHano)

My mother watches it every year on the dutch television around christmas, and in time i started to actually like it ^^

tell me about yours :D

Hollycat
12-19-2013, 10:41 PM
My guilty pleasure is Quest for Camelot. The movie itself is rather average, but the music is terrific, and at this point it has basically become a tradition.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-19-2013, 10:59 PM
Chick flicks and pop music.

But I don't really feel ashamed enough about them to feel guilty for liking them.

You will know me by the way I blast Katy Perry down the street to my house so I can watch 10 Things I Hate About You.

Ayen
12-19-2013, 11:04 PM
I have no guilty pleasures, I am shameless. Completely, totally and utterly shameless.

Hollycat
12-19-2013, 11:05 PM
I have no guilty pleasures, I am shameless. Completely, totally and utterly shameless.
I was going to disagree, but you changed your set to my favorite GoT character.
Carry on.

Niale
12-19-2013, 11:35 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh GX, I just always say, "I throw a face down, and end my turn" every time i play regular card games with some friends, even when its not a face down, i just think it sounds cool :P

Jowy
12-20-2013, 12:21 AM
oiled garbage bag, sweatsock. oh my god, number three: melon heated in a microwave!

dustbuster with corner attachment.

Botchmun
12-20-2013, 12:23 AM
The My Little Pony community: I'm hilariously ambivalent to the show itself, but I love observing the fanbase, scrutinizing them as someone with a microscope as one would study creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. Admittedly I have the usual disgust and aversion to the walking stereotype bronies, but many of the ones I met online, especially the channers, have been a source of amusement and fascination.

Shorty
12-20-2013, 12:44 AM
I am somewhat ashamed of my love for all the troutty little post-punk and pop punk bands I discovered from 2002-2006 - Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, My Chemical Romance, AFI, Sugarcult, Senses Fail, Finch, Straylight Run, The All-American Rejects, The Used, and my typical indie bands like Bright Eyes and a few others. I have exactly one friend who listens to Bright Eyes and who actually has a Bright Eyes lyric tattoo, so we geek out over Conor Oberst together. :jess:

Krull is a guilty pleasure movie. It's so bad that it's hilariously amazing.

Also, tumblr, and if I have to, Katy Perry.

Jiro
12-20-2013, 02:09 AM
Most of the things I enjoy would probably be seen as guilty pleasures if not for the fact that I don't give a fuck what anybody thinks 'cause I enjoy shit and the fact that it upsets you actually brings me more joy :jess:

Citizen Bleys
12-20-2013, 03:04 AM
I am openly a fan of the original MS Gundam series from the 1980s. I am thirty years old. If I'll admit that, I'll admit anything.

Miriel
12-20-2013, 05:13 AM
I love trashy shows like Vampire Diaries, The Bachelor, Grey's Anatomy. I also love trashy food like hot cheetos. I fucking LOVE hot cheetos. I'm also a sugar fiend, those sour strawberry belt candies and fruit rollups are my shit. I also really really love mediocre buffet food.

EoFF is also my guilty pleasure. :D

Calliope
12-20-2013, 05:19 AM
Pleasure is so damn hard to come by that I refuse to feel guilty for it. See also: Grey's Anatomy (omg, Miriel, post in our thread!), Britpop (it's so old now!), Pokemon, Jackass, Mean Girls, rewatching cartoons and doing anything that isn't working, writing or exercising.

Yamaneko
12-20-2013, 06:00 AM
Tax fraud.

Minami
12-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Britney spears, Made in Chelsea (A British reality show thing) and Hollyoaks (A trashy British teen soap).

Fuzakeru
12-20-2013, 03:18 PM
I have a playlist on Spotify listed as 'Guilty Pleasures'. It is full of Brittney Spears, Ke$ha, N'Sync, All Saints, etc.

AssassinDX
12-20-2013, 03:26 PM
I've always enjoyed simulator games, like Train Simulator 2014 and Microsoft Flight Simulator. Honestly if Farming Simulator 2013: Titanium edition comes up on sale on Steam at any point I'll be all over it.

Musically as a fan of metal music I feel embarrassed to admit I'm a sucker for Asian pop music, this started with the Eyes on Me song as it happens and to this day Faye Wong is one of my favourite artists. When people say "who are your favourite artists?" I don't exactly reply with "Gorefest, Autopsy, Behemoth... and Faye Wong," it doesn't fit the stereotype.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-20-2013, 04:04 PM
I have a playlist on Spotify listed as 'Guilty Pleasures'. It is full of Brittney Spears, Ke$ha, N'Sync, All Saints, etc.

My gym workout music is pretty much all pop girls like Britney, and Christina, Shakira, Colby, Sara Bareieles, Ke$ha, P!nk, Fergie, Gwen, Dev, and a few pop punk bands with catchy tunes.

Psychotic
12-20-2013, 05:31 PM
I love trashy shows like Vampire Diaries, The Bachelor, Grey's Anatomy. I also love trashy food like hot cheetos. I fucking LOVE hot cheetos. I'm also a sugar fiend, those sour strawberry belt candies and fruit rollups are my shit. I also really really love mediocre buffet food.

EoFF is also my guilty pleasure. :DYou took both of my answers of The Vampire Diaries and EoFF. I still say the Vampire Diaries is a show with razor sharp writing with a cheesy concept.

Shaibana
12-20-2013, 05:34 PM
When people say "who are your favourite artists?" I don't exactly reply with "Gorefest, Autopsy, Behemoth... and Faye Wong," it doesn't fit the stereotype.

you should stop thinking in stereotype ^^
like what you like and dont be embarassed about it.
like my bf.. he likes bands like Camelot etc... and is a sucker for k-pop

jaaj k-pop ftw

Calliope
12-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Wait, wait, I've got one: When a parent finally chastises their snot-nosed little brat for running around my workplace screaming and throwing things on the floor, and then takes them away. Well behaved children who are being actively engaged with by their parents are a surprisingly rare occurrence.

Lionblade
12-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Lately, Vocaloid.

It's a good thing I keep my big headphones at work, 'cause everyone would think I'm nuts.

http://youtu.be/INRzyrmjeRs

Maaaaaaan apparently I can't use the YT tags right. Here's a link (http://youtu.be/INRzyrmjeRs).

Dat Matt
12-20-2013, 08:56 PM
I like the harem animes. The ones where the one male character is the protagonist and is clueless as to the advances of the 3+ female characters whom want to make his babies. I don't watch them for the plots or to see relationships between the harem and the male character. I watch them because they are so very stupid. Example

drvAZ7e_fAw

Pike
12-20-2013, 09:37 PM
I've always enjoyed simulator games, like Train Simulator 2014 and Microsoft Flight Simulator. Honestly if Farming Simulator 2013: Titanium edition comes up on sale on Steam at any point I'll be all over it.

Not remotely a guilty pleasure! Have you played Euro Truck Sim? Because you should.

Slothy
12-20-2013, 09:49 PM

Not remotely a guilty pleasure! Have you played Euro Truck Sim? Because you should.

I downloaded the demo, but I've been too lazy to move my wheel to my computer to really try it.

Anyway, if I were capable of guilt I suppose my guilty pleasure would be The Lake House.

Chris
12-20-2013, 11:02 PM
I love not feeling guilty about my guilty pleasures!

Shlup
12-20-2013, 11:44 PM
I watch an embarrassing amount of TV. I mean, I'm sitting here doing crafts so I need something in the background, but I suppose I could put on a podcast or something instead of Glee. Fucking Glee, man.

Ayen
12-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Glee > podcast.

Shiny
12-21-2013, 12:43 AM
Rihanna and some Black Eyes Peas music though I'd be lying if I said I actually felt guilty about those. I just know that I probably should.

noxious.sunshine
12-21-2013, 12:46 AM
None of these are really"guilty" pleasures for me, but I still love them...

Britney Spears (especially the songs that -aren't- singles... Like "That's Where You Take Me" & "Don't Go Knockin' On My Door"),
Hanson, Ke$ha, Spice Girls, various Morning Musume subgroups (Salt5, 7Air, etc)

Junk/Reality TV: Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Amish Mafia, Breaking Amish, The Hills, Laguna Beach, MasterChef (and pretty much anything else Gordon Ramsay does- I also have a huge crush on him), etc....

Also Nikki Reed. I have a mega huge crush on her. Her and a couple other girls.. I just can't think of them right now.

And Mayfield's brand Moose Tracks ice cream... Alternatively, Extreme Moose Tracks. And my lasagna.. I will eat 1/2 the pan in 1 sitting... Not really.

Oh! And tabloid magazines: Us Weekly, People, Star, Ok Magazine, & InTouch Weekly.