PDA

View Full Version : So i just found the old FF7 Advent Children DVD

Niale
12-19-2013, 10:04 PM
This reminds me of the good old days as a teenager when i just found a kickass movie and burned it on a DVD and watched it, and i am so gonna watch this tonight.
Compared to the game its not as good, but this movie made me want to play the game anyways, besides the action is pretty fun in the movie, especially at the end :D

How about you? What do you think of the movie?

Shauna
12-19-2013, 10:05 PM
Moved this into the FF7 forum for you. Remember to post all your threads in the appropriate place! ;)

Niale
12-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Moved this into the FF7 forum for you. Remember to post all your threads in the appropriate place! ;)

Really?. Even if its about the movie and not the game itself.
Sorry, i will remember it in the future though :)

Ayen
12-19-2013, 10:12 PM
It's okay for what it sets out to be, just a fun CGI action fest focusing on the few things that the majority of the fanbase (I'm guessing guys) latched onto where the original game was concerned and the Complete edition available for Blu Ray really lets it come full circle (Reno and Rude were great in this). And while I don't pretend to be an expert on the grieving process would a person STILL be mourning the loss of a love one two years later to the extent Cloud is in this movie? It makes me feel like he just loss her with how that's developed, I know there'd always be a hole there but I would've thought by then the more major grief would have been worked past by now.

Niale
12-19-2013, 10:18 PM
It's okay for what it sets out to be, just a fun CGI action fest focusing on the few things that the majority of the fanbase (I'm guessing guys) latched onto where the original game was concerned and the Complete edition available for Blu Ray really lets it come full circle (Reno and Rude were great in this). And while I don't pretend to be an expert on the grieving process would a person STILL be mourning the loss of a love one two years later to the extent Cloud is in this movie? It makes me feel like he just loss her with how that's developed, I know there'd always be a hole there but I would've thought by then the more major grief would have been worked past by now.

True that.
I think its just a really great CGI made action fantasy, i mean they fly for the most part but i think what they put forth it really made this fun to watch, for example the motorcycle scene and the fight scenes in general.

But yeah, i think FF7 ending of the game itself made it obvious that it was finished, so i would guess it would've been over, atleast sorta like, its time to move on. But i guess they had to put forth a plot that would work, so i will assume they latched that as the movie's main plot.

I mean i think Cloud is portrayed a little different compared to how determined leader he was in the FF7 game itself, but the action in the movie sure pays off for that, its awesome for what it can do when it comes to a movie, just sheer action fun :D

Shaibana
12-19-2013, 10:25 PM
im not a critical at all, so i dont compare it with FF7.
and honestly, i think thats the only way you can really enjoy a movie that is made from a video game or a book.

i love this movie. i once in a while watch it again.
i think i discovered this movie about 3-4 years ago after i got final fantasy 7 and did a little more research about it.

Ayen
12-19-2013, 10:35 PM
I remember doing a double take when I saw Yuffie and Vincent because I never found them in my first run through of the game. I managed to get Yuffie in one play through after seeing the movie but never managed to get Vincent.

So much content that I have not yet seen. -sobs-

Niale
12-19-2013, 10:41 PM
I remember doing a double take when I saw Yuffie and Vincent because I never found them in my first run through of the game. I managed to get Yuffie in one play through after seeing the movie but never managed to get Vincent.

Ah, i used both Vincent and Yuffie to beat Sephiroth in FF7 game.
Yeah, i mean Yuffie is more easier to get, i had to cheat in order to find Vincent, that was the only way for me.
The movie made it sorta like that for me too, because i was wondering, where was Vincent and Yuffie, and there they are :D

Niale
12-19-2013, 10:42 PM
im not a critical at all, so i dont compare it with FF7.
and honestly, i think thats the only way you can really enjoy a movie that is made from a video game or a book.

i love this movie. i once in a while watch it again.
i think i discovered this movie about 3-4 years ago after i got final fantasy 7 and did a little more research about it.

That's the spirit, i like your thinking :)

Hollycat
12-19-2013, 10:55 PM
I enjoy it, I guess it's a guilty pleasure. My favorite part is Vincents new superpower.

Niale
12-19-2013, 11:01 PM
I enjoy it, I guess it's a guilty pleasure. My favorite part is Vincents new superpower.

You mean when he "cloakes very fast" :)
Agreed there, cheers. :)

Ayen
12-19-2013, 11:02 PM
He has the Spawn thing going on for him.

Hollycat
12-19-2013, 11:02 PM

Your comment changed while I was quoiting you. You stinker.

Yeah, the ability to turn into a flying cloak is pretty neat.

Niale
12-19-2013, 11:08 PM

Your comment changed while I was quoiting you. You stinker.

Yeah, the ability to turn into a flying cloak is pretty neat.

Ouch :)
But aslong as you like it, then that's fun. Its the one movie where everybody should sit together with a glass of Coke and stuff like that.
Sorta get that mood at times :shiny:

Niale
12-19-2013, 11:09 PM
He has the Spawn thing going on for him.

Its all a dream ;)

Forsaken Lover
12-19-2013, 11:41 PM
Kadaj and Cloud were pretty sexy and the music was good.

The English dub was so-so. Kadaj's VA finally found a role that was good for him though as he's supposed to come off as whiny and petulant in this.

Edge7
12-20-2013, 09:03 AM
I remember popping this movie in, remembering how hype the fight scenes were.

I gotta say I was actually disappointed. I don't know, but even when I just jumped to my favorite fighting scenes, outside of the Tifa-Loz fight, I didn't care for the fighting. I can't exactly explain it. Maybe the characters didn't have any weight to them, or the camera work was off, but I found myself yawning more than fist pumping.

Shaibana
12-20-2013, 12:02 PM

u can not-find them? :o i thought all characters simply came along in time
never thought you could actually run passed them

Ayen
12-20-2013, 12:24 PM

Yuffie and Vincent are bonus characters which you don't need in order to complete the game. To recruit Yuffie you need to pick the right dialog choices when you find her or she'll run off with your stuff and Vincent is concealed in something or whatever in Cloud's hometown inside that Shinra building and I think you need to know a combination or something. Can't remember, been too long and I don't feel like googling.

maybee
12-20-2013, 12:35 PM
I loved the music with this movie and Kadaj and his brothers were pretty great villains.

Do you have the Bluray version ? Got some extra scenes and improves the Cloud/ Sephiroth fight.

Shaibana
12-20-2013, 12:56 PM

Yuffie and Vincent are bonus characters which you don't need in order to complete the game. To recruit Yuffie you need to pick the right dialog choices when you find her or she'll run off with your stuff and Vincent is concealed in something or whatever in Cloud's hometown inside that Shinra building and I think you need to know a combination or something. Can't remember, been too long and I don't feel like googling.

i had them both :D

Carl the Llama
12-20-2013, 07:01 PM

You get Vincent by knowing the safe combination (gives you some nice items, one of which is the key to the basement) then going into the room and having a chat with him.

Jinx
12-20-2013, 07:55 PM
CLOUD DIDN'T LOVE AERIS HE LOVED TIFA GODDAMNIT

Niale
12-20-2013, 11:31 PM
I loved the music with this movie and Kadaj and his brothers were pretty great villains.

Do you have the Bluray version ? Got some extra scenes and improves the Cloud/ Sephiroth fight.

Only the first version(not bluray), but then again i prefer it because it feels more powerful with this scene. You may disagree though :)
Sephirtoh sez: What You Cherish Most - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sysJvMDqOKs)
Edit: I watched it in Japanese audio though, but i couldn't find it so here is English

maybee
12-22-2013, 02:54 AM

^ This

Aeris loved Zack through and through and only flirted with Cloud because he was Zack 2.0

Ayen
12-22-2013, 03:49 AM

You can relax, movie aside CloudxTifa was announced as the official pairing by Square a while back. Not sure how far back I just remember CloudxAerith shippers being pissed about it.

Madonna
12-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Two things for anyone who deals with Advent Children:
http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vii/70229-i-saw-advent-kids-spoilers.html
Whitney's Advent Children Lie Subtitles (http://stormsabrewin.org/liesubtitles/)

Christmas
08-18-2022, 10:44 PM

^ This

Aeris loved Zack through and through and only flirted with Cloud because he was Zack 2.0

CLOUD LOVES BIG SWORDS MORE THAN ANYTHING & ZACK GOT A PRETTY BIG ONE.