PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of KH2

Niale
12-19-2013, 10:27 PM
In my opinion it was the best, i didn't really enjoy KH1 as i did with KH2.
But then i also listened to some, "don't give up music" when i played it.
That's just me :P
Zedd - Spectrum (Official Video) ft. Matthew Koma - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsuVMdnF8A0)

What i like about the game is the transformations, "Drive forms". It felt like a fast ninja slash fest for me, it really made the game so much fun on PS2.

What do you think about the game :)

Shauna
12-19-2013, 10:28 PM
KH1 was a lot better in my opinion, but it was still a solid enjoyable game! :3 I haven't played it in a long time, so my memories on it are fuzzy.

Hollycat
12-19-2013, 10:31 PM
KH2 is my favorite in the series, despite BBS having the best combat. KH2 had a very clear story, great worlds, upgraded combat, and plenty of Axel. What's not to like?

Niale
12-19-2013, 10:32 PM
KH1 was a lot better in my opinion, but it was still a solid enjoyable game! :3 I haven't played it in a long time, so my memories on it are fuzzy.

I see :D
Well me too, i have little memories because it has been ages since, but i do remember it was pretty cool.
Just wish i hadn't sold my PS2. :hat:

Hollycat
12-19-2013, 10:33 PM

Well me too, i have little memories because it has been ages since, but i do remember it was pretty cool.
If you have a PS3, most of the series will be playable on it soon.

Niale
12-19-2013, 10:33 PM
KH2 is my favorite in the series, despite BBS having the best combat. KH2 had a very clear story, great worlds, upgraded combat, and plenty of Axel. What's not to like?

:beer:
Agreed :)

Niale
12-19-2013, 10:36 PM

If you have a PS3, most of the series will be playable on it soon.

Sad thing is, my PS3 got YLOD for not too long ago.
But thanks for the recommendation, i still like the charm just a little... better on PS2, mostly the feeling is just so different. But it was a good recommendation, thanks for the tip :)

Ayen
12-19-2013, 10:41 PM
I haven't played the second one or any other KH game apart from 1, but the bits and pieces I've seen it looks good. Kinda disappointed David Boreanaz didn't reprise his role as Squall that was one of the first things that stuck out to me while playing the first one.

Hollycat
12-19-2013, 10:45 PM
I haven't played the second one or any other KH game apart from 1, but the bits and pieces I've seen it looks good. Kinda disappointed David Boreanaz didn't reprise his role as Squall that was one of the first things that stuck out to me while playing the first one.

After KH1, Squall basically gets 3 lines in KH2 and nothing else.

Little off topic, but Dissidia was orignally a KH game.

Niale
12-19-2013, 10:46 PM

I have only tried little bit of FF8 so i know barely anything about it, but i see when voice actor change that its different experience, and you get like... meh about it. I mean i played KH2 when i barely knew any FF characters at all, i just played it because it had Disney characters in them :)
But i can see that changing voice actors can be different from the first, that's very true.

Ayen
12-19-2013, 10:47 PM

Oh, that explains it then. That's a crap deal right there, I loved how they portrayed Squall in Kingdom Hearts.

Niale
12-19-2013, 10:47 PM

Little off topic, but Dissidia was orignally a KH game.

Ah, then its not that bad :D

I remember this for a long time ago :)
It reminds me of it though, never played it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAjuaWJpKPs

Del Murder
12-20-2013, 03:59 AM
I like KH2 better due to the expansion of the combat and I liked Organization XIII as a villain group, but the story was a mess compared to KH1. BBS and 358/2 Days did a good job of explaining it better.

Elskidor
12-20-2013, 05:45 AM
I liked it about equal, yet I never beat the second one but that was probably due to something going on around the time I was playing it. KH2 had the Lion King world and Setzer!! I think, lol...right? I did spend much more time on the first one and played it twice. I remember them being about the same except for KH2 having new worlds. Neither of them sucked me into the story so I'm not really as big on the series as some here, but I suppose I'll give my nod to the second one for Lion King and Setzer's brief part.

Botchmun
12-20-2013, 08:44 AM
mechanically, KH2 was vastly, VASTLY superior. Kingdom Hearts was clunky and awkward to control, I seriously appreciated the game starting on Tutorial Island and giving me time to get up to speed and adjust to the stiff movements and timing of Sora's swings and steps. KH2 made the game feel a lot more smooth without becoming overly floaty, you were able to run and jump a lot more easily and combat was more fun with more movement and moves in general. The quick-time event attacks were the only quick times in gaming that I ever liked ever, and the magical color clothes system made me actually like going around and grinding up form levels.

That being said I say Kingdom Hearts L'Original was the superior game story and pacing wise. I grew to hate rocks-ass when I found out how long the tutorial ran for, and I didn't like how the game dwelt far more heavily on the final fantasy characters over the Disney characters and Original Character Do Not Steals. I'm hoping KH3 doesn't come down with a case of the Donut Steels but I'm not holding my breath over that... Either way this thread makes me want to replay the two main games on my old, old PS2.

Niale
12-20-2013, 08:54 AM
mechanically, KH2 was vastly, VASTLY superior. Kingdom Hearts was clunky and awkward to control, I seriously appreciated the game starting on Tutorial Island and giving me time to get up to speed and adjust to the stiff movements and timing of Sora's swings and steps. KH2 made the game feel a lot more smooth without becoming overly floaty, you were able to run and jump a lot more easily and combat was more fun with more movement and moves in general. The quick-time event attacks were the only quick times in gaming that I ever liked ever, and the magical color clothes system made me actually like going around and grinding up form levels.

That being said I say Kingdom Hearts L'Original was the superior game story and pacing wise. I grew to hate rocks-ass when I found out how long the tutorial ran for, and I didn't like how the game dwelt far more heavily on the final fantasy characters over the Disney characters and Original Character Do Not Steals. I'm hoping KH3 doesn't come down with a case of the Donut Steels but I'm not holding my breath over that... Either way this thread makes me want to replay the two main games on my old, old PS2.

Me too ^^

Edge7
12-20-2013, 08:57 AM
Kingdom Hearts 2 was a game I really liked the first go-round, but I find it very hard to start up a new game. While I think many of the gameplay improvements were better; ie, the faster gummi ship levels, the better camera, etc, I found the new elements to be kinda lacking. KH2 felt a lot more button mashy to me, and the only time I ever used magic was for Cure. Otherwise I'd be using Drive to dual wield keyblades, and kept mashing X. I also didn't think the story was as solid as the first two games, but overall, it was still an enjoyable experience.

Psychotic
12-31-2013, 05:45 PM
I enjoyed and played KH1 a hell of a lot more. I did all the optional bosses and beat the game twice. I used to love fighting Sephiroth - it was a real challenge for me at first, and when I finally did it I was over the moon and it soon became my favourite way to level up. In KH2 I was psyched to face Sephiroth again - I could never even be bothered. That's not to say KH2 wasn't fun but it didn't quite have the magic that KH1 had.

maybee
01-01-2014, 07:03 AM
I really liked and enjoyed this game when I was about fourteen years old, but today it's a bit cheesy and the storyline is a badly written mess, and the intro is way too smurfing long, like a hour long for crying out loud.

But it's not awful or anything, and it's nice to see new Disney worlds and Disney characters, just not really a fan of the whole Org XIII thing.

Kingdom Hearts was better without them.

Also what they did with Setzer was unforgivable, turning him into a Bishie that cheated at a kid's game.

Fynn
01-06-2014, 07:35 PM
I liked it until the handheld titles came out and reminded why I really liked this series.

Pumpkin
01-06-2014, 07:43 PM
I've only played II, a bit of one of the ones for the DS and a little bit of KH1. I keep wanting to play the first one but something always happens, in this case, the only disc we own that is scratched is KH2 and I can't get off the island at the beginning. It freezes up.

I really like KH2. I like the Nightmare Before Christmas world, Beauty and the Beast World, a whole bunch of others. I like how their apperances change depending on the world too.

I don't like the part with Roxas at the beginning.

Elskidor
01-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Come to think of it this game is a little too American.

maybee
01-07-2014, 09:46 AM

How can it be ? There's no main girls with green hair that you need to rescue and it doesn't feel like Star Wars :3:

TrollHunter
01-07-2014, 11:16 PM
-cracks knuckles-

~The game has very enjoyable combat that feels way more fluid and responsive than KH1. KH1s combat always felt too stiff for me.
~Magic is actually really useful in this game and the new MP bar flows with the combat really well.
~The game is WAY too easy, though this is fixed by the critical mode that we dont have.
~Goofy and Donald exist, and I really wish they didnt.
~I hated revisiting the worlds. It felt like padding, and it meant I had to revisit port royal again.
~I disliked the number of times "hearts" and "sora, donald, goofy" is repeated throughout.
~This game had Demyx, and Demyx is amazing.
~Sora was extremely annoying and bland in this. In KH1 Sora had character, in this he just feels like a cardboard cutout.
~The final boss was SO ENJOYABLE. Heck, all of the "final boss" level deal was an absolute blast.
~I love the forms in this game and the skills they add.
~The game needs more optional bosses like KH1. This is, again, fixed with FM.
~There wasnt enough Demyx, you can never have too much Demyx.

So yeah, the game is fun but way too easy and a bit shallow. Most of the issues I have with the game are fixed in FM however.

radicaledward124
01-09-2014, 06:34 PM
I enjoyed KH2 over all. To say it was my fave in the series thought might be a stretch. When i first picked it up i was really confused by the 3 hours of game play as Roxas, but then i hadn't kept up on my homework with the news then. I liked the Gummy ships of KH2 over KH. Feels more like Star Fox to me and I killed at Star Fox as a kid. I guess the second one felt and was more polished than the first. That really makes the difference to me.

Niale
01-14-2014, 09:43 AM

How can it be ? There's no main girls with green hair that you need to rescue and it doesn't feel like Star Wars :3:

Lol, KH2 didn't feel american and star wars too me, so i let that one pass :)
Maybe because most americans haven't nerded this out on the internet, and seems more international workable ;)
Edit: I think "Persona" series can be considered american ;)
Never tried them though. But they sure have a lots of americanos on that list :P
But play what you think is fun either way, lol :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svki4Rp9tlU

I enjoyed KH2 over all. To say it was my fave in the series thought might be a stretch. When i first picked it up i was really confused by the 3 hours of game play as Roxas, but then i hadn't kept up on my homework with the news then. I liked the Gummy ships of KH2 over KH. Feels more like Star Fox to me and I killed at Star Fox as a kid. I guess the second one felt and was more polished than the first. That really makes the difference to me.

Cool :thumb:

Fynn
01-14-2014, 09:09 PM
How do you even function? Why do you keep using "American" as an insult? How is Persona, one of the most Japanese RPGs out there, American?

Somebody just kill me now!

Anyway, on topic. I agree that the game was much more polished than KH1, especially the Gummi Ship sections. And while I do like it, I still think KH1 did a better job with atmosphere, CoM when it comes to story and pacing, while the succeeding games were all better overall, with the tiny exception if coded, which was still pretty solid a game, anyway.

Aulayna
01-14-2014, 09:22 PM
What I liked about KH2

- Riku's character development
- Kairi's brief development beyond the girlfriend stuck on Destiny Islands
- Seeing and learning more of Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden
- The 100 Heartless Fight
- The new Gummi Ship system
- The intro FMV
- The World that Never Was

Things I didn't like about KH2

- Combat was just a sordid affair of flailing around pressing Triangle to win as soon as a reaction command popped up
- Drives further trivialised combat
- The oversynthesized/post-processed music that sounded way less orchestral and fantasy than in KH1
- The story was way too much of a convulated mess (even having played Chain of Memories) and it feels like 358/2 and Re: Coded were shoehorned to clear that up
- Sora seemed rather bland as a character

Overall I enjoyed KH2 a lot, but it missed a certain charm that KH1 had and that wasn't really re-captured until Birth By Sleep for me.

Jessweeee♪
01-15-2014, 01:22 AM
I loved the prologue with Roxas. My favorite part of the whole series c:

I wanna see some real character development for Sora. So far it's like, things are happening to him, lots of really important things, but I don't feel like he's growing as a person y'know? I feel like Riku is the only character in the game that's being changed by his experiences. And that's really my one and only tiny gripe about the series.

Fynn
01-15-2014, 05:28 AM

I wanna see some real character development for Sora. So far it's like, things are happening to him, lots of really important things, but I don't feel like he's growing as a person y'know? I feel like Riku is the only character in the game that's being changed by his experiences. And that's really my one and only tiny gripe about the series.

I also love the Roxas thing. It's the single best written part about KH2. I have no idea why people hate it.

Sora does get some development in 3D. Granted, Riku gets more agains, but there is more to Sora's character now than ever before.

Pumpkin
01-15-2014, 05:38 AM
Because the Rixas thing is long and I'm all "But I wan't to explore the other woorrrlldssss gaaaaaahhhhh"

Jessweeee♪
01-15-2014, 05:16 PM

I also love the Roxas thing. It's the single best written part about KH2. I have no idea why people hate it.

Sora does get some development in 3D. Granted, Riku gets more agains, but there is more to Sora's character now than ever before.

Augh I keep pretending 3D doesn't exist so I don't have to feel sad about not having a 3DS.

Del Murder
01-15-2014, 07:35 PM
I agree with Jessweeee. Sora needs more character development. At this point Riku seems like he's the true protagonist of the series, or at least is on equal footing with Sora. Sora has turned out to be such a bland character. :bored:

Fynn
01-15-2014, 08:14 PM

Augh I keep pretending 3D doesn't exist so I don't have to feel sad about not having a 3DS.

Give in, Jess. Get a 3DS. :}

TrollHunter
01-15-2014, 09:48 PM

You should get a 3ds.

Because the Rixas thing is long and I'm all "But I wan't to explore the other woorrrlldssss gaaaaaahhhhh"

Agreed here. Roxas was cool the first time but it makes restarting the game really annoying. Even if Roxas's thing only takes like an hour, it feels like it takes forever. Though I do wish Roxas was the main character instead of cardboard cutout sora.

And at least im not the only one who thinks Sora in KH2 is bland as hell. KH1 was really good about that, and KH2 really just dropped the ball.