PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Gaming Memories

The Captain
12-20-2013, 07:23 PM
I saw this topic on another website and it really piqued my interest:

Over the years, most of us received at least one video game or a million for Christmas, Hanukkah, etc as a present and probably spent the time off from school or work playing the heck out of them. So, a simple question for you:

What is your favorite video game memory from the Holidays?

I distinctly remember Christmas 1993, I got a SNES with 3 games: Super Mario World, Legend Of Zelda: Link To The Past and some game I'd never heard of called Secret of Mana. At first the last game went untouched since I'd been dying to play the first two games but when I finally popped it in late that afternoon, I was fixated. I played the game until what felt like the wee hours of the night (Probably only 8 or 9pm, since I was still a kid) and when I realized that it had a multi-player function, I spent the rest of my holiday break with friends over as we all went on this magical journey together. Wandering through the Ice Country levels with the snow actually falling outside of my window, the Christmas tree and decorations still up, that memory will always stick with me.

Take care all.

Spuuky
12-20-2013, 07:34 PM
Receiving an extremely unexpected Super Nintendo as a gift from my aunt/uncle/cousins, along with A Link to the Past. It was a glorious day and a glorious game.

Slothy
12-20-2013, 08:00 PM
It wasn't exactly a surprise, but that SNES on Christmas day in 1992. My first console, and an unforgettable one. Two years later (I think) was a Game Boy and super Game Boy along with Link's Awakening, Wario Blast and Donkey Kong. That was a pretty magical Christmas as well.

I also got a Genesis one Christmas. I think it was the next year. I also think it was the last time I got a console for Christmas. Plenty of games every Christmas, but from then on I'm pretty sure I saved up and bought all of my other consoles or, in the case of my PlayStation, PS2 and Dreamcast, got them for my birthday.

Ayen
12-20-2013, 08:51 PM
2010 when I got the Xbox 360 and I believe Soul Calibur and Devil May Cry 4. I can't remember if the Game Boy Color with Pokemon Yellow and Super Mario Land was Christmas or my birthday. Last year was pretty awesome too with all the games I got: F.E.A.R 2, Skyrim, Dragon Age II, WWE 12 and 13 and Mortal Kombat Komplete.

Pike
12-20-2013, 09:20 PM
The SNES was a Christmas console; as was the N64 and I want to say the Xbox was as well. And Mister Adequate got me a 360 for Christmas a few years back :)

I always wind up on an Elder Scrolls kick around the holidays though. Something about wandering around Tamriel is super comfy and nice for long winter nights.

The Captain
12-21-2013, 01:26 AM
There's just something about soldiering on through a world armed with just a sword that really brings out the Holiday spirit.

Take care all.

Elskidor
12-21-2013, 05:29 PM
FFVI, FFVII AND FFX were all games I played entirely too much of around the holidays. Earth Bound, Baldur's Gate II, Dynasty Warriors 3 and Bushido Blade were a few others. Earth Bound stands out to me the most, because I had just moved to a place that snowed, so for the first time ever I got snow days. School let out for the holidays and because of the weather we did not even return to school until February, and Earth Bound is all I played throughout my extremely long vacation.