PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot 2013 Game of the Year is...

Ayen
12-21-2013, 06:20 PM
The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds!

Source (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/overall-game-of-the-year-2013-winner/1100-6416469/)

This is pretty impressive considering this is the same year titles like The Last of Us, GTA V, Pokemon X/Y and Bioshock Infinite came out and all of those were pretty well received by gam--

Let me guess, Gamespot doesn't count.

Aulayna
12-21-2013, 06:31 PM
inb4 accusations of Gamespot being paid by Nintendo for this

Endless
12-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds totally deserves it.

Hollycat
12-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Super Rofl 64

AssassinDX
12-21-2013, 09:20 PM
inb4 accusations of Gamespot being paid by Nintendo for this

Heh, at this stage I don't think Nintendo executives have the intelligence to do that. These are the people who whipped up a frenzy with a 'big announcement' that turned out to be Kranky Kong in the upcoming Donkey Kong game instead of what people were expecting like a release date for Mario Kart 8, or those that use Nintendo Direct show of theirs to announce some obscure new Smash Bros character every week.

I've not played A Link Between Worlds and nor do I plan do, but if nothing else it's a minor excuse for Nintendo to be happy. The Last of Us and GTA will sweep the awards that matter I guess.

maybee
12-22-2013, 04:08 AM
Yes !

Good choice Gamespot, good choice ! :heart:

omg at all the butthurt at the comment section.

Bolivar
12-22-2013, 03:25 PM
I've enjoyed the game immensely and am almost finished but it's not nearly as incredible as the press make it out to be. It's a great zelda game and we haven't had one like this in a while but it is really easy and doesn't surprise me as much as some of the AAA blockbusters have nor does it have the same design brilliance of something like Dota 2.

Skyblade
12-22-2013, 04:52 PM
nor does it have the same design brilliance of something like Dota 2.

You know, you never did respond to my post in the League of Legends thread where I explained why DotA2 felt like a clunky and unpolished ripoff of League of Legends.

I haven't gotten a chance to play A Link Between Worlds yet, but it will be hard pressed to beat out Fire Emblem Awakening.

Del Murder
12-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Well now I can't wait to play this game even more. Good think I'm getting it for Christmas. :cool:

Bolivar
12-22-2013, 07:10 PM
nor does it have the same design brilliance of something like Dota 2.

You know, you never did respond to my post in the League of Legends thread where I explained why DotA2 felt like a clunky and unpolished ripoff of League of Legends.

I haven't gotten a chance to play A Link Between Worlds yet, but it will be hard pressed to beat out Fire Emblem Awakening.

I felt like it would have been bad etiquette to start tearing it apart in a thread for EoFFers to find and group up with other LoL players. I also think the Dota 2 vs. LoL debate should be a different topic, not necessarily on point to that thread.

As of right now I would say Fire Emblem is higher than Zelda for me, perhaps just because it was a newer experience for me.

Depression Moon
12-23-2013, 12:50 AM
Can't really say much since I've played it, but it's nice to see something unexpected because I have a feeling most sites' choices will be either Grand Theft Auto V or The Last of Us. I really don't like how gamers a lot of times get so angry about people's opinions of games for game of the year. I personally would like to see lists that vary than everyone picking the same two or three games.

Skyblade
12-23-2013, 07:17 AM
My gosh there are so many comments on that article that are complete rubbish. Handheld games have been dominating the market of fun and engaging titles for a while now, and it's nice to see them getting some recognition. But from half of those comments, you'd think image resolution was all it took to make a game good.

Ayen
12-23-2013, 02:23 PM
My gosh there are so many comments on that article that are complete rubbish. Handheld games have been dominating the market of fun and engaging titles for a while now, and it's nice to see them getting some recognition. But from half of those comments, you'd think image resolution was all it took to make a game good.

This is why I don't read the comment section, except for the times where I read the comment section...

Bolivar
12-24-2013, 06:09 AM
Can't really say much since I've played it, but it's nice to see something unexpected because I have a feeling most sites' choices will be either Grand Theft Auto V or The Last of Us. I really don't like how gamers a lot of times get so angry about people's opinions of games for game of the year. I personally would like to see lists that vary than everyone picking the same two or three games.

Gamespot did something like this also in 2009 picking Demon's Souls while everyone else went with Uncharted 2, I really appreciate this diversity in an increasingly homogeneous press corps.

Pike
12-24-2013, 07:28 AM
I got this game for my birthday (two copies of it in fact :shobon: yay duplicate gifts) and I think I'll start playing it today; super stoked.

I'm still waiting for a publication to agree with me that EU IV is game of the year, though!

black orb
01-02-2014, 10:39 PM
>>> I still got to find a Zelda game I like..
I really enjoy most of the Zelda Clones, but I just cant enjoy the original thing..:luca:

Mirage
01-03-2014, 03:51 PM
who cares it's just a zelda game

black orb
01-04-2014, 05:32 AM
>>> With a die hard fanbase..:luca:

maybee
01-04-2014, 07:33 AM
Just because it has a hardcore fanbase doesn't mean that you should force yourself to play the games till you enjoy them or something.

hardcore fanbase doesn't always = good game or good series, it just means that alot of people happen to like it.

Halo has a massive fanbase, same with Grand Theft Auto and I don't think I would ever touch those games.