PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of "The nostalgia critic"

Niale
12-22-2013, 08:50 AM
I dislike him, its more stupid content. Not that i try to be rude just to be, but it affects others who simply don't know any better :)
Here is proof, lol.
So if you have been fooled by the internet, gullible or whatever reason you like it, here is reason why you should not.

http://blip.tv/slowbeef/retsupurae-vs-the-nostalgia-critic-5535142
Genius, one of the best thing that has happend to the internet, people are starting to realise.:)

What about you ;) :roll:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Well, I like his intro music.

He makes some good points when pointing out movie mistakes or observations, but some of the humor goes over my head. I don't really watch him on the premise that I don't want to sit and watch someone talk about how much something sucks for 20 minutes. Not for me. Also, just as a side note, some of the stuff he reviews isn't really old enough to warrant the term nostalgia.

The video you linked in your post isn't that good, honestly. I watched with a straight face for a few minutes and decided I didn't care about someone reviewing someone elses reviewing skills.

:gator:

Jessweeee♪
12-22-2013, 10:09 AM
I watch his videos sometimes. Idk I mean he does reviews. I like his videos about as much as I can like videos of people talking about things made by other people. I have respect for the amount of work he puts into them. His Video Game Confession videos are cute.

I couldn't get through eight seconds of that video though. Reviewing a review about reviews. And that's...some something awful guys that did an LP or two I liked? Weird choice for them :v

NeoCracker
12-22-2013, 10:17 AM
I prefer spoony, sage, and Snob myself, but I do enjoy his work. Alwasy good for a chuckle while I"m doing something else.

Niale
12-22-2013, 11:39 AM
I like this :)
Nostalgia Critic sucks. (http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1337574)
Anybody bring popcorn :hat:

Shauna
12-22-2013, 12:39 PM
I like his older stuff better. Since he came back from his "hiatus" doing that other show which bombed, I don't enjoy his Nostalgia Critic stuff as much. Ah well, I only check TGWTG for Todd in the Shadows anyway.

Ayen
12-22-2013, 02:11 PM
He plays a fictional character that's mad about things and yells at the camera about bad films that is mostly played for laughs and doesn't take himself that seriously. The funny thing is people actually take the character seriously enough to be offended by his criticism of movies.

Niale
12-22-2013, 02:17 PM
He plays a fictional character that's mad about things and yells at the camera about bad films that is mostly played for laughs and doesn't take himself that seriously. The funny thing is people actually take the character seriously enough to be offended by his criticism of movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAz5kC9KL2I

Ghosteses
12-22-2013, 11:14 PM
i like him just fine. to be honest i prefer to make threads about youtube shows i like. not ones i do not.

i have not seen a lot of his stuff and i only have watched his reviews of movies i have seen or might want to see and he always makes a good point at least once in all the reviews i have seen

just wondering... what shows on youtube DO you like?

Depression Moon
12-23-2013, 01:22 AM
I don't care for the dude. He seems like he doesn't like anything other than Animaniacs. Saw a couple of his vids, which were negative skimmed a few more and they were all negative. I don't see how someone can be so focused on the negative all the time.

Jessweeee♪
12-23-2013, 01:36 AM
I don't/ the dude seems like he doesn't like anything other than Animaniacs.

Don't forget Christopher Walken

Hollycat
12-23-2013, 01:43 AM
He yells too much and curses too much and isn't very funny. That's what I think.

Laddy
12-23-2013, 03:13 AM
To be honest, I enjoy him not for his more loud humor or actual reviewing, but rather I find some of his insights and commentary fascinating.

As for TGWTG, Todd, THe CInema Snob, and Nostalgia Chick are awesome. I love Spoony too, but I can't have help but be reminded of his terribly sexist Twitter tirade from a couple of years back every time I watch his videos.

Jessweeee♪
12-23-2013, 03:39 AM
NChick is pretty great.

Sephex
12-23-2013, 11:02 AM
I still keep up with him and most of the major reviewers/former contributors to that site, but not UP TO THE MINUTE like I used to.

EDIT: Forgot to actually talk about my opinion of the NC. Anyway, I like the dude, but my main problem with him is that while a good jokes are a big hit, the jokes that miss really miss badly. Though I don't know who to blame there since him and his brother write episodes.

Overall, I say NC is consistent enough. I give him more leeway since he puts out more content WAY more than almost any other person who does internet stuff of his style.

Also interesting factoid froma personal perspective: I live just south of him. The forest preserve they used in Suburban Knights (third year site anniversary film)? I could drive there in 30-40 mins from my place. A friend of a friend of mine also ran into him while he was working at Starbucks before.

So basically if any of you have that big of a problem, I'll track him down and punch his hat off for you.

Anyway...

Now I follow the Game Grumps more closely and all the people associated with that channel.

Oh, and Red Letter Media is also very good stuff. That site is best known for the Plinkett reviews, but their other content is fun and interesting as well. It's more cynical humor and weird sketches, but entertaining regardless.

The D Club.