PDA

View Full Version : Duck Hunt

Ayen
12-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Who remembers Duck Hunt and the Nintendo Zapper? Good times.

Granted, I vaguely remember those times, but I still say they were good times. I can remember being in front of the screen in my brother's room holding the Zapper, firing at ducks that appeared at the screen and being a lousy shot and having that dog laugh at me. I didn't play it for very long since shooters have never been my forte, but it was still cool playing with an actual gun controller. Don't see much of those now, at least I don't.

Discuss.

Sephex
12-23-2013, 12:30 AM
No one believes that you can control the ducks with the second player until you actually do it.

Elskidor
12-23-2013, 01:09 AM
I liked it I think. I don't remember being very good at it though, because that dog was always laughing at me. I hear you about not being good at shooters...I still can't get into those games. I suppose I'm just a lousy shot or shooters are just not my thing. But the accessories that came with NES were awesome. I always wanted the power glove, but never got it. I did get the running pad, and spent hours on that sucker on some racing game I can't even remember. I think a dude named Bear was in it though. Oh and for some reason this thread made remember that old Nintendo movie, Wizard. I loved that movie growing up.

Agent Proto
12-23-2013, 02:23 AM
Duck Hunt is a pretty fun game. Like Tori, I would be at the front with the gun right on the screen. It was a lousy tactic and it worked for the first couple rounds. The later rounds were pretty difficult as the speed increased tremendously. D:

Endless
12-23-2013, 08:17 AM
Play it (http://www.cyberiapc.com/flashgames/duckhunt.htm).

And of course, a classic video (http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6104575/duck-hunt-behind-the-scenes).

Ayen
12-23-2013, 02:20 PM
No one believes that you can control the ducks with the second player until you actually do it.

What you talking bout, Sephex?

Pike
12-23-2013, 02:37 PM

Exactly what he said, there's a two-player mode.

Anyways I think that back in the day this was my favorite NES game. I just couldn't get enough of it. :bigsmile:

Sephex
12-23-2013, 03:09 PM

Exactly what he said, there's a two-player mode.

Anyways I think that back in the day this was my favorite NES game. I just couldn't get enough of it. :bigsmile:

I just imagined you doing the 2 player thing with your man. You're playing as the ducks and you are screaming duck noises in his ear as he tries to hide his boner.

Point is, yes, there is a two player Duck Hunt mode. Boners optional.

Del Murder
12-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Duck Hunt was the first game I ever played. I lied earlier when I said it was Super Mario Bros. :shobon: It was actually the SMB/Duck Hunt combo cartridge that came with my NES. I wonder how many millions of children got hooked on games because of that cart.

AssassinDX
12-23-2013, 04:40 PM
I played it when the game and Super Mario Bros were built into the console, the second generation NES or whatever it was.

Old Manus
12-23-2013, 04:52 PM
I used to have the SMB/Duck Hunt cartridge with the Zapper. It took me far too long to figure out that my gun didn't actually work. I thought I was just doing it wrong.

Ayen
12-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Duck Hunt was the first game I ever played. I lied earlier when I said it was Super Mario Bros. :shobon: It was actually the SMB/Duck Hunt combo cartridge that came with my NES. I wonder how many millions of children got hooked on games because of that cart.

It was the gateway drug to a life of sleepless nights.

Depression Moon
12-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Dang, y'all taking me back. I think I had that same cartridge too, but it's hard to be sure. I was like 3 years old back then.