PDA

View Full Version : I apologize, random South Carolinian man

Pumpkin
12-23-2013, 03:51 AM
I went to the mall yesterday and was talking to sharky about crazy religious people. Not religious people, but you know, the crazy ones.

Well I wasn't really paying attention what with the overcrowded Christmas crowd and apparently a man opened a door for us and I didn't notice (I had assumed sharky opened it and was about to thank him after I finished my sentence) so I didn't actually thank the poor man.

But it gets worse. It turns out it was a black man and when I walked by him I was saying "You just can't get away from them, they're everywhere" and according to sharky he totally heard me and dropped his head and I feel like a monster and I wish I knew who he was so I could send him a muffin basket or something.

Discuss unintentionally awkward situations.

Shorty
12-23-2013, 04:05 AM
I called my sister a stupid bitch a little too loudly on the phone while at the store and a woman within earshot seemed to be rather affronted by my language.

I meant to apologize to her but then... I didn't.

Psychotic
12-23-2013, 08:29 AM
I have a similar story from 2010. I'll just copy and paste because I'm lazy:

I had a job interview and it was a ridiculously hot day, the first in a long time. And so this was not a great day to wear my suit for the first time in months, with the top button practically choking me. So I got into my car, and of course, hot day car syndrome. No air conditioning (when I am rich this is the first thing I will buy!) for my wheels so I'm driving about, dying an unpleasant death. Anyway, I stopped at a red light, and I rolled the window down. At that moment, an old gay couple was walking by holding hands and I guess my window being rolled down drew their attention to my face. Upon said face was etched a look of pure displeasure because of the inferno that was my car. And they saw that. And they looked hurt and disappointed and I guess they thought I disapproved of them. Whoops! Sorry old dudes, I think you're rad. It was the car and tight collar, damnit! And I couldn't really explain all that because the light turned green and yeah.

3 and a half years later I still think about that. I want to laugh but I can't bring myself to do it.

Ayen
12-23-2013, 03:34 PM
I quoted a line from Snoopy when I was little to my neighbors and they thought I called them stupid people. Their youngest daughter came to me all :colbert: later and said, "Don't you have something to say to us?" and I was all o.o?

Sephex
12-23-2013, 03:47 PM
I was at Six Flags Great America when a group of friends and I were walking from one ride to another. I smelled pastry items and remarked to a friend, "I smell donuts!"

Suddenly, park security I did not notice nearby turned to me and yelled, "WHAT?!"

I hastily explained that I totally see why he thought I was some typical smart ass teen (I was a teen when this did happen), but I honestly didn't see the dude and it was just incredibly bad timing on my part. He walked with us for a bit and puffed out his chest, but ultimately decided to let the incident go, fortunately.

If that happened today, I'd probably be executed personally by the dude who dresses in the Bugs Bunny costume.

Elskidor
12-23-2013, 04:48 PM
When I was in high school I attended a school theater play with some friends. I had grown up with one of the guys in the play, but we fell into different crowds and my friends bashed him pretty bad, so I suppose I joined in and started making fun of him on stage with some pretty offensive language. It was pretty dark in there, so I figured he'd never know I was one of the asshats being cruel. It turns out his mom came to watch him that night, and because she saw me and thought her son and I were still good school friends...she, unknown to me, was sitting directly behind me. When I realized this I hurried out of the theater and couldn't face going back in.

I always wanted to apologize to her and to him, but time slipped away and I never did, but I still feel horrible all these 15 or 16 years later. Sorry!

noxious.sunshine
12-23-2013, 05:30 PM
I've said tons of crap that came off wrong to someone else..

Like pretty much everything I've ever said to anyone here in Texas that isn't my family. But I don't really feel bad about it. If people are stupid enough to take most of the stuff I say seriously or can't be bothered to figure out what I meant, then they can shove off. People here are so closed-minded and judgmental it makes no difference either way.

....... Well.. There was this one time recently when I called a baby "it".. But I was extremely pissed off and upset so I can't be blamed.

Elskidor
12-23-2013, 05:36 PM
....... Well.. There was this one time recently when I called a baby "it".. But I was extremely pissed off and upset so I can't be blamed.

I slipped up and said that once too..maybe more than once. I heard someone call my child that when she was first born. I think it happens often enough where it can be forgiven. I hope...

noxious.sunshine
12-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Lol well but I -knew- the gender.. And it's a long story behind it.. But I said "it" and my boyfriend's roommate jumped all over me about it..

I told him to fuck off, shut up, and stay out of things that had nothing to do with him.

Niale
12-26-2013, 10:03 PM
Its probably cool, just yell "SORRY SIR" next time.
Its very american to salute too :)

No need to worry, you can always try again.

Shorty
12-26-2013, 10:05 PM
If someone saluted me I would think they were being a sarcastic little bitch xD

Niale
12-26-2013, 10:21 PM
It works, makes you proud :)
"AT EASE SOLDIER!" (Salutes)

fire_of_avalon
12-27-2013, 03:06 AM
I have a similar story from 2010. I'll just copy and paste because I'm lazy:

I had a job interview and it was a ridiculously hot day, the first in a long time. And so this was not a great day to wear my suit for the first time in months, with the top button practically choking me. So I got into my car, and of course, hot day car syndrome. No air conditioning (when I am rich this is the first thing I will buy!) for my wheels so I'm driving about, dying an unpleasant death. Anyway, I stopped at a red light, and I rolled the window down. At that moment, an old gay couple was walking by holding hands and I guess my window being rolled down drew their attention to my face. Upon said face was etched a look of pure displeasure because of the inferno that was my car. And they saw that. And they looked hurt and disappointed and I guess they thought I disapproved of them. Whoops! Sorry old dudes, I think you're rad. It was the car and tight collar, damnit! And I couldn't really explain all that because the light turned green and yeah.

3 and a half years later I still think about that. I want to laugh but I can't bring myself to do it.

It's ok, I'm laughing for you.

Ghosteses
12-27-2013, 04:15 AM
pretty sure saluting would just make it worse. i have never seen a non military non law enforcement person salute anyone or anything ;o especially not to end a argument xD

i have a similar story. i was at a birthday party with my friends a few years ago... my marm was there and i was feeling ill. and i was standing right by the cake that was home made and my marm was trying to give me some stomach settling stuff that usually never worked.. and the marm that made the cake had to hear me say.. but its going to make me sick it tastes gross.

and i felt uber bad becuase i swear she thought i was talking about her cake.. it was good though. nummers cake.

escobert
12-28-2013, 12:58 AM
I called my sister a stupid bitch a little too loudly on the phone while at the store and a woman within earshot seemed to be rather affronted by my language.

I meant to apologize to her but then... I didn't.
f that shit why do you need to apologize for talking? It's not as if your swore at her.

Shorty
12-28-2013, 01:02 AM
No, but I think she thought I did.

escobert
12-28-2013, 04:38 AM
Well I guess if in the situation she thought that you swore at her it would be acceptable to apologize but otherwise f that noise say what you want.

Jess
12-29-2013, 04:45 PM
I was in a restaurant recently having a meal and we were discussing another restaurant that we'd been to. I said something like "the food was lovely, but the service is just AWFUL", just as one of the waiters came over to our table. I hope they didn't think I was talking about them, because it's one of the best places I've been to eat in a long time. :(