PDA

View Full Version : What game is this?

Mercen-X
12-23-2013, 06:59 AM
Never mind... it was called Crimson Sea and it is not really what I thought it was.

Niale
12-23-2013, 03:57 PM
I recall playing sequel to a game for the PS2. The original game was an RPG on the XBOX (I think), the enemies were all a race of shape-shifters (I think) like blobules of water... the sequel was not an RPG much to my dismay. It was an enemy swarm game where your only mission was to eradicate the extremely annoying infestation of field or dungeon you were deployed to. I don't recall there even being a story. It made me think of Starship Troopers. But being, I've always wanted to play the original (and I finally have an XBOX and hope the game really was an XBOX title), so yeah, help!

Was it a first person or a 3rd person view, when it comes to gameplay?

Jinx
12-23-2013, 08:54 PM
Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuux

where are youuuuuuuuuuu

Spuuky
12-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Future setting, or high fantasy setting, or something else? Probably future, since you mentioned Starship Troopers?

You don't know anything else about it?

Pike
12-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuux

where are youuuuuuuuuuu

Hux is extremely sick and probably bedridden for the next week.

I'm working ridiculously long work shifts :p and to be honest I didn't play much of the gen of which OP speaks.

Vyk
12-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Not a lot of RPGs on XBox. Though I guess you may be mistaken on that one. Also not a lot of games being exclusive to one system, and then getting a sequel exclusive to a different system. You'd think it'd be easier to find out. But my Google-Fu just failed this one

Mercen-X
12-24-2013, 06:57 AM
Yes, freaking annoying as hell. The sequel was third-person (I think, it's been forever since I rented it), the setting of both was in the future. There are aspects that strike me as familiar and, if I mentioned them, people would probably assume I was constructing a nonexistent game in my head from a bunch of other things that...

I remember that the majority of the enemies I faced in the game were like giant cockroaches (see what I mean by Starship Troopers?)... I'm pretty sure it space-themed...

Mercen-X
12-24-2013, 07:06 AM
Holy crap! I found it! I was going to mention how it had a name that made me think of space as an ocean but not Star Ocean... I finally gave in and started scanning through the complete list of PS2 titles ever released (I knew it would have a 2 or II at the end) and low and behold,
here it is Crimson Sea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimson_Sea_2)... It's REALLY not what I thought it was. Thank you for trying to help.