PDA

View Full Version : Do brits [become... happy] when they hear their own voice

Niale
12-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Excuse me madam, do you want to go to the ball with me?
Sir, not that way sir, this way sir.
Excuse me for a minute sir, but i have to use the restroom. Mr.Buckle and Mrs.Cackle, pardon me.

Also, when it comes to politics, how is it hanging :)
You need more Winston Churchill, England needs it :)

Shorty
12-23-2013, 04:51 PM
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131130060612/glee/images/1/17/Michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

AssassinDX
12-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Very few Brits talk like that as it happens, but no it's generally only foreigners who enjoy "The Queens English." Those of us in the south generally speak like that, then it gets a bit broader in London, then as you go further north it gradually gets more and more unintelligible until you finally get to Scotland where whatever the hell they speak sure isn't English.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5XyecKONu8

Loony BoB
12-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Do Americans cream themselves when the local bandits ride into town on horseback and have duels with each other? I mean, it's a real shame when they walk into a bar and everyone has to leave. Rude... but hey, I suppose that's the price you pay for sifting for gold.

Sephex
12-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Do Americans cream themselves when the local bandits ride into town on horseback and have duels with each other? I mean, it's a real shame when they walk into a bar and everyone has to leave. Rude... but hey, I suppose that's the price you pay for sifting for gold.

Basically, when I see a gun I'll have a huge boner for at least 16 hours. The bandits duels are actually more of a southern fetish scene, but many of it just need to see a Guns&Ammo magazine and that's all.

Loony BoB
12-23-2013, 04:57 PM

Basically, when I see a gun I'll have a huge boner for at least 16 hours. The bandits duels are actually more of a southern fetish scene, but many of it just need to see a Guns&Ammo magazine and that's all.
Do you still spit tobacky, though? I think that's what's called.

Sephex
12-23-2013, 05:02 PM

Do you still spit tobacky, though? I think that's what's called.

Southern fetish scene, again. Around these parts people just smoke through their buttholes.

Spooniest
12-23-2013, 05:07 PM

I been struck by lightning seven times!

Once while gettin outta ma pickup truck

noxious.sunshine
12-23-2013, 05:19 PM
I know coming from my hometown (not Nashville. My actual hometown), people thought my accent was just SO ADORBS.

Even after I got rid of it and moved to Phoenix, people could still tell...

And now.... I've caught myself slipping back into it lately and it drives me nuts. YAAAAYYY for being a "hillbilly" in NYC!! xD

EDIT: I'm also forgetting my Mexican. -_-; Slowly.

Aulayna
12-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Just remember ya'll, guns stop the Government from oppressing you. Yeehhawww, FREEDOM smurf YEAH!

Psychotic
12-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Cracking show, chaps. Now then Mr. Niale, don't concern your good self with all this rip-roaring jabber about us Brits not talking in such a spiffing way. We bloody do and it's marvellous! Why, I'm snorting a line of crushed up scones even as we speak now old boy! Pip pip to the mothersmurfing max and word up to your rather benevolent lord of the manor, good gentlemizzle.

Shauna
12-23-2013, 08:24 PM
One does not cream oneself at anything. How uncouth.

Yamaneko
12-23-2013, 08:49 PM

I didn't know the owner of Eyes on Final Fantasy was a xenophobe and a bigot.

Shlup
12-23-2013, 08:58 PM
I didn't think the phrasing in the title was appropriate for a message board that's supposed to be "family friendly" at the owner's request, so I changed it.

And they totally do. There's no way they can't appreciate an accent like that.

Niale
12-23-2013, 09:01 PM
I didn't think the phrasing in the title was appropriate for a message board that's supposed to be "family friendly" at the owner's request, so I changed it.

And they totally do. There's no way they can't appreciate an accent like that.

Happy. Wait, that's not the title i ment :P

Calliope
12-23-2013, 09:11 PM
NEVER FORGET

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veAIHDGghP4

Link, in case of bloody broken tags (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veAIHDGghP4)

Jiro
12-24-2013, 01:23 AM
Is this where I put on the true blue Aussie accent? Maybe 1% of our population even speaks anything anywhere remotely similar to Crocodile Dundee or Steve Irwin. No, dingoes do not make a habit of spiriting away babies. Carrying weapons on your person is a distinctly non-Australian thing: we're more likely to just punch you in the face or rip off a thong and slap you to death (and that's the footwear kind of thong fyi).

Formalhaut
12-24-2013, 01:25 AM
I ur... what? What's the subject here again?

*Scratches head*

Ghosteses
12-24-2013, 01:59 AM
sorry am i supposed to be able to follow this thread? o.O

not sure why anyone would become happy hearing their own voice >.>

i admit i am beyond confused xD

Jessweeee♪
12-24-2013, 02:41 AM
People only talk like that on reddit :spin:

Night Fury
12-24-2013, 03:10 AM
I most certainly have the most posh of all accents of all the english eoffers, I'd have you know.

Shiny
12-24-2013, 03:18 AM
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131130060612/glee/images/1/17/Michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif
This troll pic of black MJ sums up my feelings.

There was this British guy in my line producing class in college who would talk about nothing just to hear the sound of his voice. He had beautiful blue eyes and luxurious dark curls...maybe I should find him on facebook.

LocoColt04
12-24-2013, 03:24 AM
One of my favorite customers is a proper British mum. I love her accent though. Super "Queen's English" as it was called earlier, so I suppose it's fair to say I fall into the category of "all Americans love a proper English accent" or whatever that mess was.

I also appreciate a Scottish accent so long as it's legible! :3

And Aussie girls are instantly more attractive most of the times they open their mouths. Not always though. West country is... less desirable.

Shauna
12-24-2013, 09:41 AM
I most certainly have the most posh of all accents of all the english eoffers, I'd have you know.

What's that? I can't hear you over your commoner accent.

Old Manus
12-24-2013, 09:55 AM
No love for the Welsh accent? No, me neither.

Loony BoB
12-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Poshest EoFFers going by voice/accent at EoFF are Wishing Star (super old school member), Chaos (old school member) and Ravan (very new member). More so the first two, admittedly, but the way Ravan pronounces Ul'dah and Gridania is amazing.

Quindiana Jones
12-25-2013, 01:21 PM
You're damn right I cream myself when I speak, but it's not a British thing. It's a Quin thing. Not only do I piss excellence, but I shit magnificence, fart glory, burp wonderment and weep humility and wisdom.

Fuck me, I'm spectacular.