PDA

View Full Version : EoFF New Years Resolutions

Del Murder
12-23-2013, 09:55 PM
These are your resolutions for EoFF rather than general resolutions. Maybe we'll actually have a better shot of doing this since the internet is usually a lot easier than life. :semicolonpee:

My resolutions:

These days I tend to rep people and reply to their posts in my rep comment. I'm resolving to do less in that and instead reply to the thread, thus keeping the discussion going.
I'm going to try harder to rep people more for informative, well-thought out posts rather than snappy one-liners.
I'm going to post in the FF forums at least once per day and try to make a FF-related thread once per week.
I'm going to post in the VMs of newer members at least once per week.
I want to do another FF Character Tournament finally.
Make a new EoFF friend. (pm me if you want to be my new friend)
Beat Psychotic for Wittiest Member. One down!

Calliope
12-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Get Daniel Towns to agree with me on anything :stare:

Dr Unne
12-23-2013, 10:03 PM
* Program a new EoFF
* Take the leap to non-ASCII bullet points... just not ready for that level of commitment yet

Shauna
12-23-2013, 10:10 PM
Post more threads (vague as all hell, but if I can increase my average thread making from 1 every three months to anything higher, that's great.
Do more event things. I enjoyed running that whole one I did, wouldn't be too against running more.
Try to get more involved with the newbies in some way or another.

fire_of_avalon
12-23-2013, 10:30 PM
* I want to play to finish more FFs (I've played many, but only finished a few!) and replay several as well.
* Go to a meet up or organize a meet up. The one I really wanted to do a few years ago (Washington DC) ended up falling through for me, which sucked a bunch.
* Be a better CK. I want to continue reaching out to people instead of reacting to people, and I think I'm doing ok at that, but I want to improve.

EDIT:
* Never give up ASCII bullet points. Because they are glamorous and remind me of Christmas.

Aulayna
12-23-2013, 10:33 PM
Continue what I'm doing

Finish the Wiki Skin
Finish the KH story series
Initiate something we've finished planning behind the scenes

Quit and reclaim my life back from Loony BoB's EOFF Voodoo Lifestealing Curse that keeps us here for eternity

Del Murder
12-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Quit and reclaim my life back from Loony BoB's EOFF Voodoo Lifestealing Curse that keeps us here for eternity
Let me know when you figure it out. :eep:

Denmark
12-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Reclaim my status as a top chatter
Go to a meetup of some kind

Calliope
12-24-2013, 12:51 AM
Hey, that's a good one!

* Washington/Portland EoFF Meetup 2014
* Finish a FF game for the first time ever

Spuuky
12-24-2013, 12:54 AM
Resume my longstanding idle quest to learn some Japanese.
Score 10 goals in one season of soccer.

EDIT: And yes, these are both EoFF related. I am going to brag about them IMMENSELY on this forum when I accomplish them.

Denmark
12-24-2013, 12:54 AM
the meetup one will be pretty easy since NYC meetup had to be rescheduled. but i'm open to more!

Jiro
12-24-2013, 01:15 AM
Chat more
Overtake Rye in top posters
Post the rest of my planned FF7 threads (+ start posting some FF8 ones)
Maintain (reclaim???) my dukedom of Feedback
Participate in a Ciddies where I don't write any/all speeches

Rantz
12-24-2013, 01:20 AM
"Dispose of" Dr Unne so I appear less lazy in comparison.
Keep helping out in small ways, evenly paced throughout the year to get my gratitude fix
Set a record Ciddie streak with Most Helpful Member

Shorty
12-24-2013, 01:25 AM
Attend the Portland meet up and write Nicky's name in fries with her sitting right there because I forgot to in Scotland.

Formalhaut
12-24-2013, 01:32 AM
Mm, let's see here:

Be more active than I have been in recent months!
Try to continue the small projects I was doing before I left to University
Try to chat more than I have in recent months
Try to resume events planning and hosting again
Probably replace my signature set into something else
Participate more in events
Just generally try to get to some level I was pre-University
Win a Ciddie, I guess? Oh gosh that sounds really pretentious of me now, doesn't it?

LocoColt04
12-24-2013, 02:25 AM
You can do it, Formy! <3

SOMEONE SHOULD DO A DALLAS-AREA MEETUP SO I CAN GO (and then put it on my resolution list).

Also, ensure that next Ciddies nominations, my username is spelled appropriately. Totally a resolution right there. :P

Oh! Um, I guess develop a crush on Shorty since that's like, the thing everyone does around here, right?

And most importantly (this goes for both forums) - be more involved. It's tough this time of year with work and all, but that doesn't excuse the other ten and a half months. January is only a couple short weeks away! (That's a lie; weeks are always the same length, and therefore this is an impossible statement. Then again, time is a bit wibbly-wobbly in the right company...)

I am a rebel and did not use ASCII bullet points (otherwise known as asterisks) nor did I use Alt+0149 bullet points.

Calliope
12-24-2013, 02:34 AM

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Attend the Portland meet up and write Nicky's name in fries with her sitting right there because I forgot to in Scotland.

Amendment: Sitting right there while we are both drinking very spirited beverages.

Jessweeee♪
12-24-2013, 02:40 AM
*post more about things

Jiro
12-24-2013, 04:29 AM

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

firstly: oh christ

secondly: I meant private feedback what an idiot am I.

thirdly: can't we just rule together

Pumpkin
12-24-2013, 04:31 AM
Uhmm, I guess try to make more friends?

Also, if I get that job I'm waiting on (don't count on it, really, it isn't looking good) or a different good paying position, I want to host a giveaway where I will give out $100 gift cards to gamestop or some equivalent to 3 members.

Jowy
12-24-2013, 06:21 AM
pacific NW meetup would be lovely.

I resolve to be the best person I can be throughout 2014.

Yamaneko
12-24-2013, 07:05 AM
Post less. It's gotten out of hand how much I've been here this year.

Shorty
12-24-2013, 07:18 AM
On a more serious note (not that french fry name business isn't serious), I'd like to make it to the top ten posters of all time. My post count has risen by 12,000 in the last twenty or so months, and I'm fairly confident I can reach 20k in the year 2014 at the pace I've managed to consistently maintain.

I don't have specific goals for posting criteria, but I'd like to get more involved in the lower forums and to do so, I need to play the games. I'm aiming to complete FFs I-X next year so I can stop being made fun of in staff for never having anything but General Chat spam to contribute. :roll2

There are some events committee goals I'm coming up with, but those are private and will be revealed in time. :jess:

Psychotic
12-24-2013, 07:19 AM
I'm going to post in the FF forums at least once per day and try to make a FF-related thread once per week.I've been doing this one myself. The FF forums are nderrated, there are some laughs to be had south of the border.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-24-2013, 07:30 AM
I don't have many goals I don't think. Here are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Attempt to write at least one article for every main series FF game (not including MMO's).
Host a few events because why not (I know this is vague, but I don't really care how many events I host. I just want to try my hand at trying different events).
Reach at least 3000 posts. That seems like a fun goal.
Keep my writing prompt thread going for the entire year (even if I have to just do it by myself, haha).

That's all I can think of right now. I do have an unattainable resolution of actually riding a shoopuf.

Jiro
12-24-2013, 08:58 AM
On a more serious note (not that french fry name business isn't serious), I'd like to make it to the top ten posters of all time. My post count has risen by 12,000 in the last twenty or so months, and I'm fairly confident I can reach 20k in the year 2014 at the pace I've managed to consistently maintain.

I don't have specific goals for posting criteria, but I'd like to get more involved in the lower forums and to do so, I need to play the games. I'm aiming to complete FFs I-X next year so I can stop being made fun of in staff for never having anything but General Chat spam to contribute. :roll2

There are some events committee goals I'm coming up with, but those are private and will be revealed in time. :jess:

now I have to add "don't get beaten by shorty" to my list goddammit

Pike
12-24-2013, 09:02 AM
My goal is to be a top chatter in some month, any month, because I have never done that before. I think the highest I've been is #6. :(

NERD

Shauna
12-24-2013, 09:38 AM
People keep mentioning meet ups, I will add this to my list too. Maybe one day that UK meet will happen. x}

Shorty
12-24-2013, 10:10 AM

now I have to add "don't get beaten by shorty" to my list goddammit

relax, sweetheart, you're a good 10k ahead of me :heart:

NERD

You don't get to call me a nerd while saying you want to be top chatter! That is equally as nerdy!

Aulayna
12-24-2013, 10:13 AM
You're both Nerds.

Problem solved.

Nerds.

Jiro
12-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Those in glass houses...

Calliope
12-24-2013, 11:54 AM
...shouldn't throw nerds?

Formalhaut
12-24-2013, 10:26 PM
People keep mentioning meet ups, I will add this to my list too. Maybe one day that UK meet will happen. x}

Oh yes, I'd love that as well, actually. Hopefully somewhere I can afford to go. :p

Parker
12-24-2013, 10:30 PM
become an admin

unban demondude

ban psychotic

ban myself

go to a UK meet and sorta hide around the corner and not talk to anyone or throw things

Shauna
12-24-2013, 10:36 PM

Oh yes, I'd love that as well, actually. Hopefully somewhere I can afford to go. :p

Planning well in advance and going for cheaper travel arrangements can bring down the price quite a lot. If it is in Engerland then there shouldn't be too many places that are too expensive.

In the New Year, we should get something planned! Remind me in a month or so.

Citizen Bleys
12-25-2013, 01:07 AM
* Go on a rampage

I just need the right idea. Remember Scotland Jim?

Well, of course you don't. I do, though.