PDA

View Full Version : Here lies Link.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-24-2013, 09:36 AM
What did you think of The Legend of Zelda reference in Elfheim? Was it a friendly jab between companies? Did you pick up on this right away or did it take a while for you to pick up on it?

Pike
12-24-2013, 09:38 AM
I knew about it before I played FF1. It makes me giggle; I enjoy games from both series :)

Jiro
12-24-2013, 09:45 AM
I guess it could be seen as a jab at them, but references are always pretty cool!

maybee
12-24-2013, 11:16 AM
I guess it could be seen as a jab at them, but references are always pretty cool!

Was thinking this too, but wouldn't a Dragon Quest character make more sense for a jab since it was more DQ VS FF back then ?

But yeah, seems like a jab, but don't care/ mind since both series are awesome. :jess:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-24-2013, 11:38 AM

Was thinking this too, but wouldn't a Dragon Quest character make more sense for a jab since it was more DQ VS FF back then ?

But yeah, seems like a jab, but don't care/ mind since both series are awesome. :jess:

The same grave is also a Dragon Quest reference depending on which version of the game you get. It's also said "Here lies Erdrick".

Psychotic
12-24-2013, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I've always liked that one. Fair play to them for having a sense of humour.

MJN SEIFER
12-24-2013, 02:37 PM
I found it a nice touch. Just a friendly jab I always thought - I was "told" about by reading The Final Fantasy Compendium" so technically I got the joke straight away. ;)

Ayen
12-24-2013, 04:24 PM
I was loving how the elves looked like Link from Zelda and then I found that headstone. Hilarious. Never thought it was a jab or anything, though. Just a Link reference for laughs. Or was the Link thing added in for Origins?

Sephiroth
12-24-2013, 04:38 PM
I was loving how the elves looked like Link from Zelda and then I found that headstone. Hilarious. Never thought it was a jab or anything, though. Just a Link reference for laughs. Or was the Link thing added in for Origins?

Originally it was Link, then Erdrick, then Link again.

Del Murder
12-25-2013, 06:48 AM
If Future Esthar was still around he would try to convince us that FF1 is actually an alternate future of Hyrule. :wacky:

Scotty_ffgamer
12-25-2013, 05:44 PM
I... honestly might try to write a theory like that just for fun.

maybee
12-25-2013, 08:42 PM
If Future Esthar was still around he would try to convince us that FF1 is actually an alternate future of Hyrule. :wacky:

Legend of Zelda : Link Between Final Fantasy

Would be depressing since he's dead xD

Ghosteses
12-26-2013, 01:34 AM
My aunt kind of spoiled this for me but i still thought it was funny. i do think it is just a fun reference and nothing more though =D

Carl the Llama
01-01-2014, 03:49 PM
I knew about this before I played the game... but then I forgot to check it out when I was playing it >.<

black orb
03-03-2014, 05:59 PM
>>> Looks more like free publicity to me..:luca:

KentaRawr!
03-07-2014, 05:42 PM

The sky people from Skyward Sword might just be the Lufenians. One of the Lufenians says that they maintain their history through oral tradition, but that they've lost a lot of their culture over time because of that. In Skyward Sword, Fi mentions that the oral history of the Skyloftians isn't particularly accurate, which would explain why the mythology of the goddess isn't mentioned in Final Fantasy. By going into the past and preventing the time loop, the Warriors of Light also prevented Tiamat from destroying Lufenian civilization, and then the Zelda timeline starts.