PDA

View Full Version : if Final Fantasy...

Spooniest
12-24-2013, 11:26 AM
...Were the cartoon show it was meant to be.

This is the question answered by FF5, in my opinion.

Please discuss.

Sephiroth
12-24-2013, 01:16 PM
I think that generally many Final Fantasys would be great as anime. And Kingdom Hearts even more, I think - or in that case an anime/cartoon mix.

Botchmun
12-25-2013, 11:56 PM
Final Fantasy five would not be a good cartoon, its too customizable. Final Fantasy VII would be a "Good" cartoon because of its linearity and popularity.

Spooniest
12-29-2013, 10:10 AM
Final Fantasy five would not be a good cartoon, its too customizable. Final Fantasy VII would be a "Good" cartoon because of its linearity and popularity.

But da kids love it

Do you guys remember cartoons? Seven Cities if Gold? Castle in the Sky? Or are Tifa's Boobs the only thing that gets any attention around here?

Final Fantasy 5 is kind of Disney-ish, kind of all-ages. But you'd never know from this forum, it seems.

Psychotic
12-31-2013, 05:23 PM
I think FFV is one of the more whimsical FFs so it would indeed go well - especially all the creatures like Hydra, the dragons, the moogles and Boko. I also think FFIX would be another good contender.

Carl the Llama
01-01-2014, 03:57 PM
If I could choose I would have IX and then X as an anime, they seem the most likely ones for anime conversion.

Ayen
01-01-2014, 06:19 PM
I'm confused, was Final Fantasy actually being considered for a cartoon before they made it into a game?

Carl the Llama
01-01-2014, 09:56 PM
There is an final fantasy anime, I have seen it, was pretty interesting.

It has 25 episodes, and is called Final Fantasy: Unlimited.

If you want to watch it and don't have an anime streaming site I would recommend otaku-streamers, they have no banner ads or anything like that (and I am an uploader there so I am slightly biased).

Botchmun
01-03-2014, 05:02 AM

But da kids love it

Do you guys remember cartoons? Seven Cities if Gold? Castle in the Sky? Or are Tifa's Boobs the only thing that gets any attention around here?

Final Fantasy 5 is kind of Disney-ish, kind of all-ages. But you'd never know from this forum, it seems.

Final Fantasy 4 would be a better cartoon option because the story is much tighter and the characters are defined by their classes and the roles they play. Since the job system is featured so heavily and its so easy to have massively different parties between plays, I'd say that setting up a 'canon' party for an FFV cartoon would be counter-intuitive to the game.

Also FF VII is bad and you should feel bad.

maybee
01-03-2014, 07:35 AM

Final Fantasy IX is Disney like as well, this is ironic considering the two most Disney like games that get like no reference in Kingdom Hearts whatsoever.