PDA

View Full Version : Rumors

Scotty_ffgamer
12-24-2013, 08:02 PM
Back when I first played FFVII, I remember one of my favorite things about the games were all the absurd rumors people created about the game. Some of the most famous of these are of course the many rumors about reviving Aeris.

Anyways, what were your favorite rumors about FFVII? This is one I haven't been able to find again, but one of my favorites was one I found involving reviving Aeris. Someone had uploaded a picture somewhere of "proof" that this was possible. The picture was of Aeris being in the Bizarro Sephiroth fight in which Sephiroth is freaking out about Aeris still being alive.

Psychotic
12-24-2013, 09:38 PM
My favourite Aeris rumour was getting 99 tissues from the Battle Arena, and using it to soak up the water in the Forgotten Capital where Cloud set her body to rest. The neat thing about it was that they had numerous screenshots showing you how to do this, in an age when perhaps Photoshop and/or ROM hacking weren't as prevalent as they are now, so it seemed believable.

I liked all the different WEAPON and chocobo rumours, particularly when the two were combined. You could apparently get a silver chocobo that could dive underwater, and if you did this in the Midgar Zolom swamp you could fight Sapphire/Onyx/Insert stone name here Weapon.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-24-2013, 10:03 PM
I remember those rumors as well! They're pretty great. That's the thing I really appreciated about these rumors, though. Some people really put a lot of effort into making them seem believable when it had to of been a lot harder to do so than it would be now.

Crop
12-24-2013, 10:54 PM
I didn't have the internet when I originally played this game, so all of these rumours were missed by me.

But, I was a rather gullible child and was kinda sidekick to a friend of mine called Stephan, and he had completed the game before me. He told me a couple of fakers that I believed.

1. He told me that if you touched the security barrier on the train track (right after you jump off the train near the start of the game), then you have to fight a boss with a million life and it'd cause you to lose your save. I didn't try to touch the barrier for many years after hearing that.

2. He said that at the end of the game, Cloud and Co all try to climb out of the Northern Crater and as they are doing so The Great Escape theme plays. Sadly by the time I completed the game we were no longer friends so couldn't quiz him on this one.

Sephiroth
12-25-2013, 07:08 AM
The best is:

- Get a super sweeper
- Get 12 1/35 Soldier

Now when you enter the Melt Reactor Tifa cleans the floors with the super sweeper and she will tell some story from the past with a Soldier in her hand. The Soldier runs into the reactor, Zack comes out the trash and disappears. When you enter the Northern Cave on CD3 he joins your team.

Heath
01-11-2014, 12:16 PM
I remember when I was younger being quite amused by many of the ones on the FF7 Rumour site: The Turk Alliance: Over 100 Rumors! (http://ff7rumors.tripod.com/) But also slightly disappointed that some weren't true. Not least because a lot of them were so ridiculous that I suspect many of them were just invented to include on that site in the first place!

It does, however, illustrate how prevalent FF7 rumours were. I can't think of any other game which has had so many, and so many people wanted to believe. I think it possibly shows how exciting the killing off of Aeris was, that people were so convinced that there must be a way to revive her.