PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Holidays

Scotty_ffgamer
12-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Now that it is Christmas Eve, I've been thinking a little bit about holidays. It got me wondering, what kinds of holidays do you think exist within the various worlds of the Final Fantasy games?

maybee
12-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Chocobo- mus celebrating the day a giant tubby Chocobo fell from the sky and gave everybody a chance to hold their potions and items, in some Final Fantasy worlds Chocobo-mus is just a tale, however in some Final Fantasy worlds they believe that Chocobo-mus is based off the Fat Chocobo; scientists and scholars have been studying Chocobo-mus's origins since the days of the light Warriors.

:3

Sephiroth
12-25-2013, 07:10 AM
Chilling on the beaches. With a lab coat like Hojo.

I'm also pretty sure when the game is over all the male heroes and villains watch the secret dancing show of Final Fantasy IV, spend their time in a bar where one of those dancers dances around you and casts a spell on you and then take some rooms in Honey Bee Inn - not together though. Ha, ha, ha.

Psychotic
12-27-2013, 06:16 PM
There's not a lot of religion in FF for there to be things like Christmas. There's a few churches where you can pick up revives in the earlier one, and there is of course Aeris's church in FFVII. The FF that's biggest on religion is probably X, and I imagine there would be a festival or two related to Yevon.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-28-2013, 05:26 AM
Not all "holidays" are necessarily religious. In America we have president's day and stuff like that. So I guess I'll more open this up to both holidays and celebrations I guess.

I'd imagine in VIII there would be a day to celebrate the trapping of Adel. I actually wouldn't be surprised if there was a day dedicated to the Lunar Cry and maybe a day dedicated to the Hyne legend.

Spira probably has stuff for Yevon, but I'm sure there would be celebrations for the Eternal Calm as well.

Psychotic
12-29-2013, 01:10 PM
Thinking of Spira again, well, technically not Spira - Dream Zanarkand - there was a Blitzball tournament in honour of Jecht. I wonder if holidays were held during Great Blitzball Holidays.

I like to imagine the good folks of Conde Petie like to celebrate too. Just something about the vibe of that village.