PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Services!

Formalhaut
12-24-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm going to one in... oh, an hour. I always look forward to them. I like the whole community togetherness of celebrating Christmas in a Church and singing songs/hymns. Love them.

Is anyone else on EoFF taking up the Christian vibe of Christmas and going to a Midnight service or Mass tonight? :D

Parker
12-24-2013, 10:15 PM
i offer a midnight service to all the guys leaving the pubs in my uni town

Crop
12-24-2013, 10:19 PM
I will see my God this year. He lives in the bottom of a Whiskey bottle, but I'm not sure which one, so I'll have to keep looking.

Parker
12-24-2013, 10:20 PM
if any eoff ladies/guys want to see my midnight mass then feel free to pm me

Formalhaut
12-24-2013, 10:21 PM
if any eoff ladies/guys want to see my midnight mass then feel free to pm me

At least don't do it in a Catholic Church; lest there be another scandal.

Yamaneko
12-24-2013, 11:56 PM
I'm going to a midnight auditing session to get engrams measured with my fellow thetan life forms.

Pumpkin
12-25-2013, 06:48 AM
I went to midnight mass (as I try to do every year) about 2 hours ago and was very happy with the service. It actually brought tears to my eyes. I felt very very happy.

Sephex
12-25-2013, 07:09 AM
I drank just a bit and watched some Game Grumps. Gonna go to bed shorty and I drift off to sleep with Star Trek: TNG playing. Maybe I'll put on the episode "Tapestry." It's like "A Wonderful Life" after all!

Shorty
12-26-2013, 03:29 AM
I'd like to experience a Catholic midnight mass someday.

Niale
12-26-2013, 10:06 PM
Late... i am late.
TV and christmas dinner.
Cheers :cheers:

Heath
12-27-2013, 10:48 PM
My girlfriend went to a midnight service with her family. At midnight on Christmas Eve I think I was watching QI on BBC Two having just been to the pub with school friends.

So an enriching and spiritual evening all round.

Pumpkin
12-28-2013, 12:57 AM
Are you Catholic, Formy? I thought midnight mass was exclusively a Catholic thing. I guess I was wrong :confused:

Anyways, for anyone curious, here is Catholic Midnight Mass:

Praying
Hymns
Singing (the Priest WILL sing. I told this to sharky and he was somehow surprised)
Kneeling
Standing
Sitting
Kneeling
Standing
Sitting
Praying
A personal word from the priest. Differs every year and With each Priest. I was happy with this years message.
Turning to everyone around you, shaking hands, and saying "peace be with you"
The blessing of the blood and body of Christ.
Accepting of the blood and body of Christ, which I can't do yet, because I am not baptised. I plan to be soon though :jess:

Shorty
12-28-2013, 01:00 AM
I'm not doing any of that. I'll simply be there to observe.

Except for the hand-shaking, I'll do that.

Pumpkin
12-28-2013, 01:06 AM
I think that part is a really nice gesture. I'm glad they include that. And everyone looks so happy when doing it. I'm socially awkward and uncomfortable and it doesn't even make me feel awkward. It has the opposite effect. It's nice.

Ayen
12-28-2013, 01:16 AM
They won't let me in anymore after I wished them a Happy Holidays last year.