PDA

View Full Version : So, what did you get for Christmas?

AssassinDX
12-25-2013, 07:43 AM
I got a trimmer for my beard (as it needs taming) from my girlfriend, and a Simpsons gift set of socks which, as always, I badly needed. I also got Football Manager 2014 from my parents, and £10 from my sister which I'll buy something on Steam with.

Hope you're all having a wonderful day!

Rantz
12-25-2013, 10:37 AM
From my sister, a cutting board she made herself which also doubles as a tray. That's probably my favourite gift that I got. From my other sister, a satire magazine subscription. From my parents, wine, a cheese tray, ceramic cheese knife, and so. much. cheese. There's probably 2-3 kilos of assorted cheeses. YUM

Dr Unne
12-25-2013, 10:48 AM
Some computer parts, some Steam games and a judge foil Vampiric Tutor. Geek cred if you know what the latter is.

Carl the Llama
12-25-2013, 10:55 AM
ICO&Shadow of Colossus on PS3, God of War Ascension, a winter jacket, £30, bottle of JD, some headphones with more on the way ^^

Minami
12-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Tiffany & co. necklace, juicer, flower in the air perfume by kenzo, the newest Professor Layton game for 3DS, nail varnish and a few other things

Rantz
12-25-2013, 11:04 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention - I also got the Bioshock games from Nicolas :love:

Carl the Llama
12-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Since it's Christmas I will rep all posts in this thread :D

noxious.sunshine
12-25-2013, 12:51 PM
A big ass bottle of gradual sunless tanner (YAY!! I can get my tan on!), lotions and chapsticks and knee socks from my sister's girlfriend....

Parker's school pictures, $20 (yay 'cuz I need makeup and a razor), and a Pandora bracelet with 2 charms (a "P" and a little heart that says "mom" all over it in diff languages) that I'm now obsessed with and will never take off.

Parker got some kinda fashion designer coloring book thing with stencils and crayons and junk and her Vermont Teddy Bear that my mom ordered for her..

It was very emotional.

Rantz
12-25-2013, 01:22 PM
There's probably 2-3 kilos of assorted cheeses. YUM

LAST NIGHT YOU SAID IT WAS FIVE POUNDS OF CHEESE WHICH IS IT PONTUS

Well I mean I haven't weighed it, but... https://www.google.com/search?q=5+lbs+in+kg&oq=5+lbs+in+kg&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2.7520j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=117&ie=UTF-8

Aulayna
12-25-2013, 04:20 PM
I got some armwarmers that have BRRRR COLD stitched into them and a S&G gift box from colleagues at work. I got some Amazon and Debenhams gift cards off of my grandparents.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-25-2013, 04:29 PM
beats by dre headphones, itunes gift cards, walking dead calender, the new wolverine movie, the newest season of the big bang theory, clothes, candy :cool:

Can't wait to hear how Eorzea sounds.

Parker
12-25-2013, 04:42 PM
I got some pretty cool things.

first was a framed photo of my grandmother, from my grandmother. it was pretty weird. even i wouldnt send someone a framed pic of myself.

second was this cool-ass jumper that has some guy wearing shades on it:
http://i.imgur.com/HWxwbiI.jpg

third and the total best and most amazing was this wonderful gift from my pal formalhaut

http://i.imgur.com/VgX2z9M.png

Elskidor
12-25-2013, 04:52 PM
I got a bunch of annoying toys I have to assemble BEFORE my daughter can play with them, Will you ever learn and teach your damn elves how to make these thing complety before delivering them, Santa!

noxious.sunshine
12-25-2013, 04:55 PM
I need to find my picture again......

starlet
12-25-2013, 05:15 PM
I made out like a bandit this year! From clients I got a gift card, chocolate covered macadamia nuts (This lady also gets the rest of the shop something, usually chocolate covered things, but I always get my own box too :D) and a bodywash, a wrist wallet thing that my cat already scratched up, and a little purse mirror. From co-workers I got another bodywash, and my boss got me a cute dog mug and a gas card. From my mom I got B&Bworks things and a candle (I FREAKING LOVE THEIR 3-WICK CANDLES), and a Keurig coffee maker and some k-cups for it. I'm still kind of in shock with the last one...

Ayen
12-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Brace yourselves, Christmas spoils are coming!

ToriJ's Christmas Presents!

1.) Glee Season 4 (http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp136/brotherhoodnod/Glee_Season_4_DVD.jpg)

2.) PLAYSTATION 3! With The Last of Us & Batman Arkham Origins! (http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp136/brotherhoodnod/PS3Boxset.jpg)

3.) Game of Thrones (http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp136/brotherhoodnod/game-of-thrones-rpg-ps3-cover-1.jpg)

4.) Metal Gear Solid 4 (http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp136/brotherhoodnod/MetalGearSolid4.jpg)

5.) Deadpool (http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp136/brotherhoodnod/DeadpoolPS3.jpg)

6.) inFAMOUS Collection (http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp136/brotherhoodnod/infamous-collection1.jpg)

Looks like I got some work to do :cool:

1000TH POST!

Scotty_ffgamer
12-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Yay for PS3 and MGS4, ToriJ!

I got the books Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Air, and House of Many Ways. I've read Howl's but I haven't read the others. I've already started reading Howl's again in my downtime between helping prepare for our meal today!

I also got Lost Season 1 on Blu Ray, Halloween 1 on Blu Ray, Ni No Kuni, a blanket, some money, and I think that's it. I MAY (but probably won't) get a Wii U for myself as a gift with the extra money I have. I'll probably end up just saving the money for student loan payments.

Sephiroth
12-25-2013, 05:34 PM
Kingdom Hearts HD
Lightning Returns
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
Chocolate

Psychotic
12-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Assassin's Creed IV, a book on DIY, a blanket with penguins on!!!, a baby tapir plushie, a nice leopard heating pad thing for my poor back, gift cards for Xbox Live and iTunes, a book on Mount Everest (I love Everest stories!), ice scraper keychain, stylus pens, chocolate Smarties Robin, Guylians, Dairy Milk Christmas Tree bar, regular Dairy Milk bar, chocolate coins, a chocolate walrus!!!

People know of my chocolate addiction :shobon: I am very grateful for such lovely gifts.

Parker
12-25-2013, 05:50 PM
I got marmite chocolate also today. Its interesti

Black Magic Shopkeeper
12-25-2013, 06:15 PM
I got marmite chocolate also today. Its interesti

...and that's the last we ever heard from Parker.

Myself, I got a set of penguin figurines, beanie babies penguin, Neil DeGrasse Tyson's 'death by black hole', and rose scented hand moisturizer from my aunt...
a nice picture to hang on the wall and a weird book I don't care much for from my priest uncle... oh and a cat figure made of coal that had ugly googly eyes. I took the googly eyes off, so it looks much nicer now.
A book that will very likely be handy to me from my uncle, called "The Everything Cartooning Book". It even goes into the business side of webcomics...
Pacific Rim from my sister
rose scented perfume from my mother
and 100 dollars each from my mother and grandmother to do whatever the hell I want with.

I think I'll be using that 200 buckies to get myself some more vidyagames.

~*~Celes~*~
12-25-2013, 07:09 PM
a canvas that was finger-painted by my super awesome 1 year old son, with a photo of him painting it included :)

also, a Crock Pot slow cooker that I have been wanting for SO LONG

Freya
12-25-2013, 07:34 PM
I got the new zelda, a Soda maker, aloe infused socks, two shirts, shoes, boyfriend bought me jeans a cardigan and a shirt, mom got me a diamond infinity necklace, the new Sim city expansion and a gift card to Applebee's to the boyfriend and I for a date night.

escobert
12-25-2013, 07:39 PM
TV stand, Keurig, Swiffer, smartwool socks <3, a little statue of a kitty, a book about poop xD, pajama pants and a new set of sheets :) Oh and $100 to best buy and $100 to Books-A-Million

TrollHunter
12-25-2013, 07:49 PM
https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/1522067_471274789644557_781812265_n.jpg

Annnd as for all the stuff I got.
A nice impractical Zombie Killer Knife which looks awesome. https://grizzlyhut.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ZOMBIE-KILLER-Knife-TR0238Z.jpg
A 3ds and Pokeman X. i'll be picking up Fire Emblem Awakening soon.
An awesome old movie poster famed.
At least 12 pairs of socks which is AWESOME.
3 books by John Green (Looking for alaska, The falling in our stars, Paper Towns)
Annnd a lightsaber

maybee
12-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Bravery Default

Final Fantasy Amano artbook, Vol 1 FF 1- 3 Vol 2 FF 4-6 Vol 3 FF 7-10

Clothes & PJS

Tickets to see Disney Frozen tonight

NorthernChaosGod
12-25-2013, 08:26 PM
Legend of Zelda 3DS XL (can't wait to get one of the new Pokemon games), some new flannels, and a $100 gift card to Vans. :D

Jessweeee♪
12-25-2013, 08:45 PM
A bit of money, a few gift cards, clothes, candy, beer, and a bottle of Crown Royal c:

I'm thinking of putting the money and my mall gift card towards a Vita. Still undecided.

Dr Unne
12-25-2013, 10:17 PM
https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/1522067_471274789644557_781812265_n.jpg

That's amazing.

Shiny
12-26-2013, 01:24 AM
I got myself a 3DS with Pokemon X and a I also got myself a blender and a usb flash drive. I got family and friends some stuff, but I still have to purchase some things for a few people I will be seeing later on.

Edit: My boyfriend got me a humidifier (I asked for this) and Ace Attonery: Apollo Justice. His step mother and father got me a shoulder massager. My grandmother and mother got me loads of clothes as if I didn't have enough as it is xD My dad's gift to me is ongoing -- helping me to pay student loans. That's really the best gift.

Shorty
12-26-2013, 02:47 AM
A lovely black coat I've been pining over because none of mine keep me warm enough here in Winterfell, slippers, fuzzy socks, Fallout New Vegas for XBox with a bunch of (all?) of the DLC, Batman: Arkham Origins, the complete Walking Dead season one game, Borderlands 2 (even though I haven't played the first one D: ), two tempur-pedic pillows (omg so soft yet firm as the same time), two lovely infinity scarves (my collection is growing!), gift cards, a massage gift certificate, and chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!

Lonely Paper Star
12-26-2013, 03:30 AM
This is a mixture of Christmas and birthday since they're only a day apart:

A ton of Bath & Body Works lotions
Money
Michael Kors purse
makeup
Soap in this container that happens to be a music box. O_o
Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue perfume
Dota 2 courier (Captain Bamboo) lol :jess:
Surgeon Simulator lolol :D
underwear. lol
origami paper
Harry Potter Marauders t-shirt
HP buttons
wine
Doctor Who weeping angel earrings :love:
a little inflatable zombie punching bag thingy
a mini beer pong set

Shorty
12-26-2013, 03:31 AM
Oh, I got stuff from Bath and Body as well!

Hollycat
12-26-2013, 03:34 AM
I got some food and clothes and plates and cups!

Also
also
also

A signed copy of A christmas Carol.

Pumpkin
12-26-2013, 03:46 AM
I got lots of great things!
*Kitty Martin
*Suikoden IV and V to complete my collection :D
*Ape Escape 3
*A recipe book
*2 kitty calendars
*An agenda
*A pink pen and a purple pen
*Hand lotion
*Chocolates

Laddy
12-26-2013, 04:08 AM
-A gift card for my hairstylist
-A scarf
-Magic cards
-The Walking Dead on Blu-Ray
-A phone case
-A shoulder bag
-Settlers of Catan
-Money

fire_of_avalon
12-26-2013, 04:27 AM
I like to pretend I'm too old to brag about swag, but no, no I am not. :)

From friends:
--Hyperbole & A Half by Allie Brosh (The book! My friend who sent it to me said she wanted to keep it.)
--Homemade peppermint sugar scrub.
--A bookmark from my friend's adorable daughter.
--A PopTV Daryl Dixon... figure thing. It's neat! I'll put it on my bookshelf.
--A book about Grumpy Cat xD
--A tea kettle. Don't laugh, I asked for this. I really wanted a tea kettle.
--Tea! My dad is good.
--Shoes!
--A car airfreshener and a giftcard.
--https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/1528692_10101737771753298_1245194238_n.jpg

krissy
12-26-2013, 04:43 AM
A nice shirt

A nice sweater

Socks

DVDs about europe

Batman Begins PS2 video game

The Last of Us

Borderlands 2 *

Spec Ops The Line *

Mafia 2 *

Silent Hill HD collection

an agenda

a zine

old comics

Ultimate Spider Man Volume 4 Hardcover used (like i asked for)

i dont really have a ps3 where i live most of the time so hahahahaha

* these were in a 3-game collection box, good, less plastic, but like ill never play mafia 2 so i think this was partly a self gift, thanks bro ;)

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-26-2013, 04:45 AM
Some bacon related shit and a laundry basket.

Seriously family. When I say not to get me anything, I fucking mean it. No I don't want your bacon flavored sunflower seeds or a fucking foldup laundry basket. Don't buy me things, just call me and talk to me!

Night Fury
12-26-2013, 05:33 AM
I got a gorgeous new Pandora charm which is Christmas themed, some tickets to go see Paramore in a couple weeks (SQUEEEEE) and some gorgeous organic scented candles which are just beautiful. OH and a teapot! :D Phil and I also got a lovely picnic basket with tickets for the outdoor cinema which I thought was a really lovely gift.

I got some money from my family back home so that bought me Bravely Default and a new tattoo that I am getting done tomorrow! :jess:

Shlup
12-26-2013, 08:05 AM
I can't believe how many fucking toys my six month old got. And I haven't even been to my Dad's yet. My mother-in-law went bananas. She got seven ornaments from people (one she and I made together).

I got some cool stuff, most notably a Joker ornament, Hyrule Historia, and a great new set of stainless steel pots and pans. I really needed new pots and pans and my mom totally surprised me.

Bunny
12-27-2013, 04:10 AM
A Game of Thrones-themed painting that my sister-in-law painted, a Final Fantasy IV poster, two new cutting boards, a Leafeon figurine (favorite Pokemon, adulthood be damned), new pajama pants, long sleeve shirt, two t-shirts, a photo album of our wedding, two bottles of gin, a bottle of vodka, two bottles of whiskey, and two bottles of rum.

Calliope
12-27-2013, 06:42 AM

Spuuky's Mom made me this quilt for Christmas! I can never have too many blankets, I specifically wanted a new bedspread (and they are bloody expensive, especially for a bed of our size), and my sentimental attachment to my t-shirts clashes with my hate of clutter - so this really was perfect! I will have to make her a piece of art, because I can only imagine how many hours and hours it took for her to sew this thing. It's funny though, she cut off the logo for one of my favourite bands called "Die! Die! Die!", and she threw away my shirt that said "I hate myself and I want to die" (http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0224/3435/products/engrish_tshirt_10002_larger_1377938369.png?v=1377938382) because she said it pains her to think of me dying or hating myself xD.

Spuuky bought me a very fancy Canon point-and-shoot to replace my last one. It is clear he put a lot of consideration into which one to get, and this morning while I was sleeping he snuck out of the house and raced to an electronics store to buy me an SD card so I could use it right away! That guy :love:

Denmark
12-27-2013, 06:57 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$

Iceglow
12-28-2013, 03:24 AM
Jack Daniels! A pity I couldn't touch a drop of it until I get off these painkillers.

Elskidor
12-28-2013, 08:56 AM
An unexpected few days at the in-laws. Its actually been kinda fun. I got some candy too.

Hmm...I kept being pestered on what I wanted, and after I said nothing a zillion times, I finally gave the choice of FFIV/After Years for Android or Dynasty Warriors 8. I got Dynasty Warriors 7, lol. I'm not sure what the point is in asking someone, who does not want a present, what they want if you aren't going to listen to the response. I have a trip to make to Gamestop for an exchange. I do much prefer gift cards if people are determined to get gifts, but they don't know how to shop. If you just don't know then it makes their gift giving so pointless even when they try. Sorta funny though.

KristaWebster
12-28-2013, 10:14 AM
I got a set of Nike shoes for Christmas, which are absolutely awesome..let's find out what the new year has in for me..?

Baloki
12-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Assassin's Creed IV, a book on DIY, a blanket with penguins on!!!, a baby tapir plushie, a nice leopard heating pad thing for my poor back, gift cards for Xbox Live and iTunes, a book on Mount Everest (I love Everest stories!), ice scraper keychain, stylus pens, chocolate Smarties Robin, Guylians, Dairy Milk Christmas Tree bar, regular Dairy Milk bar, chocolate coins, a chocolate walrus!!!

People know of my chocolate addiction :shobon: I am very grateful for such lovely gifts.

I hope it was mint chocolate!

Jess
12-28-2013, 10:56 PM
New converse, clothes, make-up & a new make up bag, a scarf, socks, purse, pandora earrings, some of my favourite perfumes & an amazon voucher to buy myself some books for my kindle. I got lots of lovely gifts, I feel very lucky! :)

Botchmun
12-29-2013, 01:20 AM
two boxes of chocolates. I'M GOING TO DIE!

black orb
01-04-2014, 07:00 AM
>>> Coal..:luca: