PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IF THERE WAS AN FFX-3 <-- NOW WITH BREAKING NEWS CLICK

Pike
12-26-2013, 03:04 PM
FF series writer Nojima is interested in seeing a third FFX game, according to an interview in the Remaster Ultimania

As seen on Twitter this morning.

What if this existed and was also really great?

I don't know about you guys but I would be ready to http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/smiley/getin001_zpscd2687d5.gif

Madame Adequate
12-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Day one purchase no questions asked.

Psychotic
12-26-2013, 03:31 PM
I'd be up for having more Spira adventures. I think it might be interesting to have it set in a totally different time though and have no characters the same. Just the whole "hey, it's me, your old pal (PERSON)" act gets a little bit old - as seen in X-2 and XIII-2.

Jinx
12-26-2013, 04:27 PM

Sephiroth
12-26-2013, 04:51 PM
I am more interested in Final Fantasy XIII-4.

Pete for President
12-26-2013, 04:59 PM
No thanks, I'd rather see them create new worlds for us to explore. One as good as FFX, now that I would like.

AssassinDX
12-26-2013, 05:19 PM

Thirded. Spira was the last great world Square created in my opinion, I can't wait to give it another explore in X and X-2 HD and would absolutely love a third game to follow them.

Sephiroth
12-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Maybe a prequel in which [Sin] was created/the time when Shuyin and Lenne lived or an X-3 After Years title which Vidiny and Tidus' and Yuna's child, et cetera.

Ayen
12-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Not sure where they can take the story from X-2, unless it's a prequel following Braska pilgrimage and you play as Jecht, that has some potential. It depends for me since X is my favorite in the series I want it to be done well or not at all.

ShatteredWaves
12-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Actually kind of want another game set in the FFX universe, but with a different formula and not as a direct sequel or prequel. A spin-off or something I guess.

Jessweeee♪
12-26-2013, 09:31 PM
YES PLEASE :excited:

Minami
12-26-2013, 09:41 PM
I would definitely buy it if there was one. I remember back in the days of X2 there was a rumour that Rikku's story was going to be done. No idea how that would work though.

Pike
12-27-2013, 02:02 AM
!!!!!!!!! NEW DEVLOPMENTS !!!!!!!!!!

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster voice drama spoilers leak out, suggest sequel is inevitable | Nova Crystallis (http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/12/final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-voice-drama-spoilers-leak-out-suggest-sequel-is-inevitable/)

Following our previous report on the possibility of a Final Fantasy X-2 sequel, details have been posted online describing several spoilers from the HD Remaster’s 30-minute voice drama that plays following the game’s credits.

From what we know, Tidus and Yuna call off their relationship at some point as she sets off to defeat Sin again, who has somehow reappeared in the world of Spira. Written by scenario writer Kazushige Nojima, the voice drama takes place after the events of Final Fantasy X-2 and it along with the 2.5 novel attempt to expand the universe started by Final Fantasy X.

Jessweeee♪
12-27-2013, 02:05 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ayen
12-27-2013, 02:08 AM
From what we know, Tidus and Yuna call off their relationship at some point as she sets off to defeat Sin again, who has somehow reappeared in the world of Spira. Written by scenario writer Kazushige Nojima, the voice drama takes place after the events of Final Fantasy X-2 and it along with the 2.5 novel attempt to expand the universe started by Final Fantasy X.

I'm sorry but, I already despise this idea. Really, the return of Sin? They couldn't think of something new to do?

Sephiroth
12-27-2013, 02:09 AM
What?

First of all:

What?

That is fantastic.

But -

[Sin]?

Slothy
12-27-2013, 02:09 AM
The whole X world was pretty played out after X, and X-2 was an abomination that pretty much insured that nothing would ever be interesting enough to make me want to go back and visit that world again. Hopefully they'll just leave well enough alone and never release another actual sequel. There's no need to, and sequels are one of the things killing any interest I have left in the series. There's not much worse than getting two sequels to a game you didn't like, and that being everything you've gotten all generation.

Madame Adequate
12-27-2013, 02:11 AM
Better than Vengagun.

Also X is sublime X-2 is great no reason to think X-3 will be less than brilliant

BUT PLEASE MORE BLITZBALL MANAGEMENT

Sephiroth
12-27-2013, 02:13 AM
Better than Vengagun.

Vegnagun was no villain. Shuyin was.

Why not bring Seymour back instead of that ginormous whale which is no villain?

DMKA
12-27-2013, 03:07 AM
Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster voice drama spoilers leak out, suggest sequel is inevitable | Nova Crystallis (http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/12/final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-voice-drama-spoilers-leak-out-suggest-sequel-is-inevitable/)

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

YES

Pete for President
12-27-2013, 06:20 AM
Gwargh. As much as I love X, I'm not behind the idea. I would like SE to make new games in new worlds, not even necessarily FF related.

Jiro
12-27-2013, 08:59 AM
Gwargh. As much as I love X, I'm not behind the idea. I would like SE to make new games in new worlds, not even necessarily FF related.

Pretty much. I can't see this as doing anything but ruining the development that Yuna and Tidus made over the previous two games. Also: return of Sin? No. Way to fucking undermine the entire first game. I can just imagine Tidus running around screaming WHAT WAS THE POINT with the angst turned up to 11. Square Enix need to find something new and fresh and I honestly believe the Final Fantasy concept is holding them back now.

Karifean
12-27-2013, 09:46 AM
You know what, even if the story were subpar, I'd still enjoy the hell out of FFX-3. I love the world of Spira and its characters and an excuse to return to it once more is welcome. It won't negatively affect my perception of the previous games.

About the whole return of [Sin] thing, this can work if done properly. Let's see if it is...

radicaledward124
12-27-2013, 10:17 AM
I would love to have this. But I agree there needs to be something more to the story, something new that we don't know. it's a big world, there could easily be something nasty hiding under the surface. I don't know how into this I'd be if Sin made a come back, as someone stated, that totally undermines the first game, and that's not ok. I would be up for a prequel that could be fun, or even their kids running around. That could be fun too. Honestly it sounds like a great idea and i hope that we get this.

Shauna
12-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Most likely be a Day 1 purchase for me, but I am not psyched about that plot synopsis. D: Sounds like a poor excuse for a piece of fanfiction.

TidusReborn
12-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Final Fantasy X-3????

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/909640/kerli-going-crazy-xd-o.gif

"Head Explodes"

Valerna
12-27-2013, 12:33 PM
I love FFX very much but to have another sequel... I dunno. The story was wrapped up and finished with FFX-2 for me. I would be more interested in the pilgrimage from Braska or a game that has the timeline of Shuyin and Lenne (like mentioned in this thread before)... but not another game with the FFX gang.

How in the world are they gonna return Sin without Yu Yevon, didn't we kill the thing? Also, Yuna and Tidus breaking up after such long times of fighting to be together feels like: ... wut? So what are they gonna do... we kill Sin again to have another Eternal Calm and then have Sin appearing again in FFX-4? Nah, not a fan at all. They are turning a good story in a bore like this.

Minami
12-27-2013, 12:55 PM
!!!!!!!!! NEW DEVLOPMENTS !!!!!!!!!!

Following our previous report on the possibility of a Final Fantasy X-2 sequel, details have been posted online describing several spoilers from the HD Remaster’s 30-minute voice drama that plays following the game’s credits.

Ok i'm pretty excited about this. eEen though the idea sounds not so good anything new in the FFX world is a plus for me as its one of my favourites

Psychotic
12-27-2013, 12:55 PM
Better than Vengagun.
The Vengagun is coming
And everybody's jumping
Besaid and off to Luca
A giant fuck off bazooka

Parker
12-27-2013, 01:32 PM
no auron, don't care

would play the crap out of an auron-only spin-off

ENOUGH! -chops-

ENOUGH! -chops-

Jinx
12-27-2013, 01:35 PM
OH MY GOD YES YES YES

TIDUS AND YUNA BREAK UP YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Also, I don't hate the idea of Sin coming back. I know they thought the defeated it permanently, but it could be really interesting for characterization. I mean, you could explore the theme of hubris and the fact that despite Sin being reborn eternally, they thought they beat it.

Slothy
12-27-2013, 02:48 PM
Considering they knew exactly how Sin was reborn all of the time, and killed the thing that kept bringing it back, bringing back Sin is a terrible idea. They might as well just say to fans that they don't have any good ideas of where to go with the story, so we're just going to bring back the things people liked whether it makes sense or not. Because who needs good ideas when we can just rely on nothing but fan service?

Then again, we're talking about the people who wrote X-2 here so there's no reason to expect anything good.

Jessweeee♪
12-27-2013, 05:43 PM
It's like Square-Enix loves me. FFX and FFXIII get sequels :v

Psychotic
12-27-2013, 05:48 PM
The important question is: Will Sin be wearing a sexy bikini? That's the only way you're going to one-up X-2.

Interesting note: 4, 7, 10 and 13 all got follow ups - every third game. Place money on FFXVI-2!

Ayen
12-27-2013, 06:01 PM
In just a few simple words the entire purpose of the first two game has been ruined. The first game with bringing about an eternal calm and the second game's purpose of bringing back Tidus so the two could be together. I'm not a Tidus/Yuna shipper but don't give an objective and then make it null and void in the next installment. I hope this is just a rumor or a mistranslation.

Madame Adequate
12-27-2013, 06:32 PM
I like how everyone is super mad about something we know very very little about and could be explained with skill and drama :greenie:

Sephiroth
12-27-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm not a Tidus/Yuna shipper but don't give an objective and then make it null and void in the next installment.

They are for sure not breaking up but doing the same thing as Snow and Serah - having a break and having a KitKat.

Ayen
12-27-2013, 06:48 PM
I like how everyone is super mad about something we know very very little about and could be explained with skill and drama :greenie:

They're hiring new people?

radicaledward124
12-27-2013, 08:15 PM
It's like Square-Enix loves me. FFX and FFXIII get sequels :v

^this right here is how i feel too.

and yes they are Tori ME! lol no they aren't not really not yet anyway. or so i hope.

Karifean
12-27-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm usually weary to the idea of making a sequel to a game with branching plotlines, but if it turns out to be a "Final Fantasy X After Story" I'll take everything back.

Pete for President
12-27-2013, 10:02 PM

Pretty much. I can't see this as doing anything but ruining the development that Yuna and Tidus made over the previous two games. Also: return of Sin? No. Way to smurfing undermine the entire first game. I can just imagine Tidus running around screaming WHAT WAS THE POINT with the angst turned up to 11. Square Enix need to find something new and fresh and I honestly believe the Final Fantasy concept is holding them back now.

I completely agree. The undermining thing especially.

Slothy
12-28-2013, 12:29 AM

I don't have to be mad to point out the concept is stupid.

But I would have to be mad to believe that skill is something Sqenix's writers still have these days.

Sephiroth
12-28-2013, 12:42 AM
But I would have to be mad to believe that skill is something Sqenix's writers still have these days.

Kazushige Nojima is the main writer of Final Fantasy VII since 1997 and Kingdom Hearts 2002, both are two of their most popular titles today.

He was a co-writer for VII ...

He is not the Co-Writer. He is the Main Writer together with Yoshinori Kitase. The original credits say "Story by Kazushige Nojima, Yoshinori Kitase". Also you can check the whole Compilation of Final Fantasy VII. He is as important as Yoshinori Kitase for the story. He even wrote On the Way to a Smile and everything. Together with Sachie Hirano he wrote Crisis Core and he also wrote Advent Children. The Ultimania Omega interviews and other interviews show that he is that important. Actually the credits alone. You calling him a "Co-Writer" is very misleading since he is very important for the Compilation - and also other games, except you did not mean it with a a lesser meaning but just that he wrote it together with Yoshinori Kitase, still their role is equally important for writing the story. You may not know how much some people do but still you need to acknowledge what they actually do and how important they are.

When Sakaguchi designed X it was evident that it wasn't designed with sequels in mind.

He did not design it, it was the whole company and the story was written by other people of Square. And it had a sequel in mind with its end.

Pike
12-28-2013, 01:48 AM
Is it bad that I don't care about the story and just care about getting to revisit familiar locations and characters? :hyper:

For real I am super hyped for this :squee:

Crop
12-28-2013, 02:05 AM

I wouldn't say everyone is getting mad, just pointing out the obvious bad idea, which is the only information we have to go on.

I love the world of FFX so am totally for some sort of return to that world, but as others have stated in this thread - a different time would be nice. If they want to bring back Sin then I'd say make it a prequel, maybe all the way back to the first High Summoner and their quest to finally bring piece to Spira for the first time.

That way we could also see some of the old machina cities that were destroyed over the years, and find out more about Spira's history. It also gives an opportunity for some great action sequences and beautiful scenery (with the old cities and Sin).

Ayen
12-28-2013, 02:13 AM
If the audio drama running around the internet is any indication to what X-3 is going to be like then I don't have much faith that the writing is going to be any good. The audio drama already sounds like bad fanfiction.

Slothy
12-28-2013, 03:29 AM

Kazushige Nojima is the main writer of Final Fantasy VII since 1997 and Kingdom Hearts 2002, both are two of their most popular titles today.

He was a co-writer for VII, and while I like that game it was a bit of a mess by the end of the first disc. Aside from that, he was one scenario writer out of many on several games at Squenix, most of them (compilation of FFVII, FFVIII, X-2, etc.) being absolutely awful. Even X which is one of the better games he worked on all over the place.

I have absolutely no reason to trust the mans ability to write anything.

Pumpkin
12-28-2013, 03:37 AM
What I would have liked is a game in the future with Lulu and Wakka's child.

I hope they keep the job class system. That was bitchin. The battle style in X-2 was great in my opinion.

I don't like them bringing back Sin. If they write it well I will accept it, but it kind of seems a bit... silly maybe?

I would still buy the game though.

I would like a Final Fantasy VIII-2. It could have Squall and Rinoa's child who would be like the most beautiful Final Fantasy baby ever.

maybee
12-28-2013, 05:24 AM
I like Final Fantasy X and everything.... but I would prefer something FF 9, FF 6 or FF 8 related so much more...

FF X has already got quite alot of attention, those forgotten Final Fantasies, are like, forgotten...

I would like a Final Fantasy VIII-2. It could have Squall and Rinoa's child who would be like the most beautiful Final Fantasy baby ever.

Yes ! Or even a Locke/ Celes child or Zidane/ Dagger child

Faris/ Bartz child even

Pumpkin
12-28-2013, 05:37 AM
I like how you call Tidus and Yuna Tuna.

Tina

Tinus

Depression Moon
12-28-2013, 08:05 AM
That just sounds terrible. I hope that they'll just leave X alone. I want some XV info already.

Psychotic
12-28-2013, 08:18 AM
I like Final Fantasy X and everything.... but I would prefer something FF 9, FF 6 or FF 8 related so much more...

FF X has already got quite alot of attention, those forgotten Final Fantasies, are like, forgotten...I suspect it's because they've already done the game engine for the remake and as such want to squeeze the cash cow's udders some more.

Del Murder
12-28-2013, 10:31 AM
I would play it, but I would hope it is something new that doesn't mess with the happy ending of FFX-2. I already don't like the sound of 'Yuna and Tidus call it off because Sin is back'. That sounds boring and repetitive. :barf:

I like the idea of basing it some time in the future and not involving the original cast directly as has been mentioned in this thread. A game starring Wakka and Lulu's kid would be cool!

I wonder what battle system they'd use for it. X and X-2 were like night and day. I loved both systems so I hope it's very close to either. Or even a turn-based system with full party control. We haven't seen that in FF since...well X-2!

maybee
12-28-2013, 11:52 AM
I like how you call Tidus and Yuna Tuna.

Tina

Tinus

Tuna sounds the best :heart:

Don't break up the Tuna SE

I would play it, but I would hope it is something new that doesn't mess with the happy ending of FFX-2. I already don't like the sound of 'Yuna and Tidus call it off because Sin is back'. That sounds boring and repetitive. :barf:

I wouldn't mind as longs as they fix everything and stay together, but I can picture Yuna being Yuna and being like " I'm going to give up everything, including my own life to kill Sin again "

And Tidus being like " smurf you, I almost lost you the first time, don't do this trout again "

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-28-2013, 12:23 PM
Honestly I would still be satisfied with the prequel Braska, Auron, Jecht story a lot of fans have asked for.

X-3 is something I could get in to, although I'm not sure how I feel about the X-2 version of Yuna just being "a dream" as indicated in the audio drama. X-2 may not be one of my favorites but I still enjoy character development :monster:

This X HD remake is the perfect catalyst to get people excited about a sequel :)

Psychotic
12-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Honestly I would still be satisfied with the prequel Braska, Auron, Jecht story a lot of fans have asked for.
As much as I like those three characters, I don't think that should ever be made into a game. We know most of that story as a lot of their key moments were either retold or shown through spheres, and more importantly - we know how it ends. While it's a nice story I think retelling it or making a full blown game from it would be a wasted excercise.

NeoExdeath
12-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Wholeheartedly against this. When Sakaguchi designed X it was evident that it wasn't designed with sequels in mind. The game tied up nicely; in traditional Final Fantasy fashion there were things open to interpretation but that should be expected by now. X-2 to me was nothing but unnecessary substance-less fanservice which I'd rather do without. I can only imagine I'll dislike a sequel to an unwanted game to begin with more than the original sequel. Furthermore it renders the first game completely worthless if Sin is back.

Of course I could go on about how much I dislike the idea of FF's getting sequels, but I will just be voting with my wallet.

Pete for President
12-28-2013, 05:07 PM

FF X has already got quite alot of attention, those forgotten Final Fantasies, are like, forgotten...I suspect it's because they've already done the game engine for the remake and as such want to squeeze the cash cow's udders some more.

That's a very plausible theory.

Elskidor
12-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Not sure where they can take the story from X-2, unless it's a prequel following Braska pilgrimage and you play as Jecht, that has some potential.

This was what I was going to say. If done like this I could get into it for sure, but any other way and I'll be skeptical.

Freya
12-28-2013, 09:52 PM
If I get an updated blitzball mini game I don't care what they do with the story. :colbert:

Jiro
12-31-2013, 03:57 AM
The whole situation just seems loosely slapped together and I cannot see a reasonable way for it to be executed. I get that this is early and whatever but, um, seriously? Sin is back, despite Yu Yevon being killed, which means that there needs to be a way for a) Yu Yevon to come back or b) Sin to be created anew. If B then why? And why did it take so long?

Tidus and Yuna calling off their relationship after so much intense desire to find each other at long last ugh it's just, the relationship was crazy but it worked and having them go "oh actually nah" is just preposterous. I can get, maybe, that they grew apart during peace because fuck that is a real phenomena but it's not a concept I think Square Enix could pull off in a thousand years.

maybee
12-31-2013, 07:26 AM
From what I got from Tumblr, Tidus/ Yuna are not breaking things up, or taking a break, or anything like that.
Yuna knows that Sin is back and she doesn't want Tidus to know, or for him to panic; so she makes up a lie that she's seeing somebody else, to distract him from Sin's returning.

This is Yuna, she'll sacrifice anything personal so others can be happy. It's extremely in- character. Also Tidus is hanging out with a friend, who is a girl, so that's why Yuna uses a new love thing as a lie, so it can look like she's easily jealous, and she could be a little bit, and maybe in hopes that Tidus would move on happily, because she could end up sacrificing herself again, and Tidus has already been through alot of crap of all almost loosing her, she wouldn't want that to happen again.

It's not going to be like a teen drama, Laguna Beach thing, it's just Yunie being Yunie.

Shiny
12-31-2013, 07:40 AM
As long as they don't make it as laughable as FFX-2 was then we're fine. I'd like it a tad more serious like FFX was.

Psychotic
12-31-2013, 08:18 AM
I don't think they break up - Lulu's line to Tidus about him not knowing Yuna as well as he should makes it pretty damn obvious what is going on.

Hambone
12-31-2013, 08:38 PM
Not sure where they can take the story from X-2, unless it's a prequel following Braska pilgrimage and you play as Jecht, that has some potential.

This was what I was going to say. If done like this I could get into it for sure, but any other way and I'll be skeptical.

Everyone says how much they love this idea, but I just don't see the reason for a prequel about another pilgrimage.

We all already know what happened on Braska's pilgrimage: Braska and Auron find Jecht imprisoned, and despite Auron's reluctance for Jecht to join them, the trio then sets off for Zanarkand, with Jecht learning about Spira, its people, and its customs along the journey, just as Tidus does ten years later. Jecht sacrifices himself for Braska and becomes his final aeon, partly because he doesn't see a way to get back to Dream Zanarkand, effectively leaving him stuck in Spira. Throughout FFX, Braska's pilgrimage is referenced and detailed several times (via all of the Jecht spheres, certain dialog in various points throughout the game, and in the confrontation with Yunalesca) and there weren't really any loose ends that could be tied up by or otherwise merit a whole game dedicated to this arguably futile pilgrimage.

We've already been on a heartbreaking pilgrimage, and I'd like to do something else in the next FFX installment; maybe something that doesn't involve seeing all the protagonists die at the end. That being said, it would be cool if the aeons could somehow make a reappearance in FFX-3, like if they could be "called" (as opposed to summoned) in the same way that Sin is, as revealed by the audio drama.

Pumpkin
12-31-2013, 08:45 PM
I don't really like the idea of a prequel either. Tbh Braska's pilgrimage just wasn't interesting enought to me to play a whole game of it. Plus, only 3 characters and I am a lady who likes a lot of playable characters.

Psychotic
12-31-2013, 08:53 PM
Agreed. I wouldn't be opposed to a prequel pilgrimage but certainly not that one.

Pumpkin
12-31-2013, 08:56 PM
Don't know why I hadn't thought of a different prequel. I would be interested in the story of Seymore and his mother.

Jinx
12-31-2013, 09:16 PM
I wouldn't mind a prequel about Lenne and Shuyin.

But as interesting as Braska's pilgrimage was, I don't think it'd make a full game. Maybe DLC? But see, it's just a huge sausagefest, so that bores me.

Ayen
01-01-2014, 12:23 AM
And still I see nowhere for the story to go except backwards, as if that wasn't already evident with what was revealed for X-3 so far.

That said, the more I think about it, the less I see this actually happening. Last time I checked there was more demand from the fanbase for Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III and a FFVII remake than anything added to X. I doubt they're going to get enough vocal support overall unless there's something I'm missing, and Yevon forbid they put XV and KH3 on hold for this.

Jessweeee♪
01-01-2014, 01:09 AM
I mean if there was a prequel, I'd be more interested in the original Bevelle/Zanarkand war that started it all.

Hambone
01-01-2014, 03:06 AM
I mean if there was a prequel, I'd be more interested in the original Bevelle/Zanarkand war that started it all.

This! Also, I want to know why summoners like Lenne existed in Zanarkand before the time of Sin, when summoners' only objective is to summon specifically to beat Sin, as Yevon states. What were they summoning for? What were they summoning, still fayths?

Jiro
01-01-2014, 06:54 AM
Just because a world has rich lore doesn't mean you can necessarily churn out multiple compelling stories situated in it. The lore gives context and lends to the initial piece -- simply playing through Braska's pilgrimage is pointless because a) we know what happens are the pivotal moments and b) there is thematically nothing new on offer that Yuna's pilgrimage didn't already cover (esp. because of the inclusion of the Jecht spheres).

If Yuna and Tidus are still a thing and Yuna is trying to protect him by going off on her own to defeat Sin 2.0 then that's even worse of a plot thread. Yuna tried keeping Tidus out of the loop once; he overturned however many decades of tradition and destroyed a world spanning religious institution to save her. Yuna thinking she can actually protect him is completely misguided -- even her naive self from the original game couldn't make that mistake twice. So having her regress into thinking she can just shoulder it all and have people be content with that is utterly fucking abysmal.

The idea that ordinary citizens would call on her and "force" her to be their hero again is good though. Like, the crushing burden of being the hero; when dangers threatens, the weak rely on the strong regardless of how much the strong actually have left to give. That's like, totally Batman and shit. I can see a strong theme of Yuna struggling with saving the world over and over but whether or not Square Enix can do that without making her a whiny kid who is then talked into being a hero again by some fucking stupid monologue or something...

Final Fantasy X-3 as a concept does not bother me that much. It's just that I have little faith in Square Enix's ability to create a nuanced story to build on the rising stakes and rising tensions created in the past two games. Where do you go from there? And from what little I've gleaned, the plot seems shaky and fan fictiony/fan servicey at best. I'm not writing it off, but like most contemporary Final Fantasy titles, I haven't got the highest of expectations.

Old Manus
01-01-2014, 01:32 PM
This sounds laughably bad.

Rocket Edge
01-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Only joined this discussion but I'll give my opinions. :monster:

First of all, the idea of a prequel seems a bit pointless to me. We already know what happens in the end, and unless there is more characters added into the story I can't imagine how they will do a FF themed game with three men on a gloomy trail to inevitable doom. Even with this aside, it doesn't excite me. I like the female input in games and even the romantic aspect when things are done right.

I don't think it will materialize though. It's a gamble, and I'm sure SE are not prepared to waste a bunch of money on something the audience sort-of already knows what happens.

I'd be delighted for FFX-3 to happen for many reasons. The main ones I'll share:

1. I get to revisit what was such a beautiful world in Spira, and the characters that inhibit it. I enjoyed all the main characters (including Tidus) and it would be nice to see how things have evolved with them and the world around over the past few years. Not to mention we can see this in beautiful detail on the PS4!

2. At the end of FFX I was looking forward to see what would happen between Yuna & Tidus but instead we were given a subplot for the entire game and a cutscene at the end with them holding hands. It was a let down. I'd like to see how things pan out with them for real this time.

3. Recent SE games haven't been up to scratch lately. I don't even care if people think they are doing this for an earner as long as they treat this with care. This game means a lot to people clearly. Also, I hope the gameplay is somewhat simillar to its PS2 counterparts and not some action-rpg gameplay that I hate (FFXV :(). I'd love something like FFXII's.

So yeah, definitely up for this. I just pray that they do a good job!

Christmas
04-06-2023, 04:15 PM
I read the synopsis on the novel, listened to the audio drama or whatever u call that, I would say they need a better storyteller. :mymelbert:

Christmas
04-21-2024, 02:37 PM
Where is my FFX-3?