PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Battle Royale

Spooniest
12-26-2013, 10:23 PM
The various casts of the ff games go into an all-out battle for supremacy, and only one emerges victorious.

Who would it be? Pointless statistics are encouraged.

I say the cast of VI, because say what you want, but when you've got a guy who can suplex a train, all bets are off. :ffvilaugh:

Karifean
12-26-2013, 10:30 PM
Final Fantasy VIII's cast because they can indefinitely use their unfairly powerful Limit Breaks ;)

Sephiroth
12-26-2013, 10:38 PM
I say the cast of VI, because say what you want, but when you've got a guy who can suplex a train, all bets are off. :ffvilaugh:

What about a chick that can suplex a WEAPON?

Spooniest
12-27-2013, 05:41 PM
Now you question me!

I say, knock Cloud's sword from his hands, and he's got nothin'.

Ayen
12-27-2013, 07:21 PM
Mr. Rogers in a bloodstained sweater.

Elskidor
12-28-2013, 08:07 AM
If going by insane limit breaks or toons that can break the tradition cap then the game changes. Is it by the entire cast or by the characters in the cast? VI wins by cast, VIII wins by limit breaks and X and XIII can exceed the tradition 9999 so they would demolish almost everything. I suppose it depends on the rules.

After the elimination game has ran its course I was considering running a daily fight of the day drawn by the old random dice roll picks, but I'd have to figure a way to handle the different godly powers select games give their characters.

maybee
12-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Final Fantasy I- Wouldn't last long, though they'll try their best to hold up

Final Fantasy II- They would be the first to go, they would try and become stronger and end up harming themselves and then making them all a easy target Last Place

Final Fantasy III- They would hold up, but won't win.

Final Fantasy IV- They would be the second to go, they would end up sacrificing themselves.

Final Fantasy V- I think that they would be stronger and last longer than the FF III team, but just barely.

Final Fantasy VI- Thanks to Sabin they would do really well here, 3rd or 2nd place.

Final Fantasy VII- They would all die apart from Cloud really, and Cloud would get emo and then give up. Or Zack would come in ACC style and help him fight, thus going mad with Limit Breaks.

Final Fantasy VIII- Rinoa and Squall would do really well, same with Zell, again they could maybe win. Them Limit Breaks.

Final Fantasy IX- Same problem as Final Fantasy VII, main character left, though Zidane is stronger than Cloud mentally, and would end up killing him, or Cloud + Zack would end up killing him.

Final Fantasy X- They would die, but would last longer than the FF 5 and FF 3 group.

Final Fantasy XII- Last longer than FF5 and FF 3 group, they would either get beaten by Limit Break groups/ Main Characters.

Final Fantasy XIII- Same problem as Final Fantasy VII, only Lighting would be left, only Lighting wouldn't get a smurf, and would just keep on killing till she dies by somebody's limit break from FF 8, Zidane, Lightning or Cloud + Zack.

Hollycat
12-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Now you question me!

I say, knock Cloud's sword from his hands, and he's got nothin'.
I respond with Zack, the guy who gives cloud the buster sword.
He can literally defeat sephiroth with a single punch, and he punches a goddess to a bloody pulp.

Carl the Llama
12-29-2013, 01:18 AM
It would obviously be FFX, they can deal 99,999 in a single hit, have Auto Phoenix on their weapons, plus can have all stats maxed and about 60k HP for someone dedicated enough (more if you sacrifice a stat like Evasion) they also have Rikku's Trio of 9999 which means they could just chuck an AoE item and do 9999 damage to the entire cast opposing them, that alone would be enough to wipe out 90% of the competition, and even if the competition manages to kill off one of their cast, auto phoenix+auto life ensures a completely dominating team.

Sephiroth
12-29-2013, 01:24 AM
It would obviously be FFX, they can deal 99,999 in a single hit, have Auto Phoenix on their weapons, plus can have all stats maxed and about 60k HP for someone dedicated enough (more if you sacrifice a stat like Evasion) they also have Rikku's Trio of 9999 which means they could just chuck an AoE item and do 9999 damage to the entire cast opposing them, that alone would be enough to wipe out 90% of the competition, and even if the competition manages to kill off one of their cast, auto phoenix+auto life ensures a completely dominating team.

Lightning can deal 999999 damage.

Carl the Llama
12-29-2013, 03:16 AM
I discount DLC because its not an option to everyone in the game, besides, Auto Life+Auto Phoenix would defeat her would defeat her, not to mention Wakka can do 1.2m HP damage and Anima can do 1.6m with their respective limit breaks.

When it comes down to it, the Auto abilities will over power any other final fantasy game.

Weapon:
Evade and Counter
Break Damage Limit
First Strike
Triple Overdrive

Armor:
Ribbon
Break HP
Auto Phoenix
HP+ 30%

Rikku: Hyper Mighty G (Shell, protect, haste, regen and auto-life on all characters)
Tidus: Blitz Ace
Wakka: Attack Slots

Every other final fantasy playable character: Dead.

maybee
12-29-2013, 03:23 PM
Lightning can deal 999999 damage.

Lightning is Cloud in drag, doesn't count.

Karifean
12-29-2013, 06:50 PM
@Carl The Llama

If you're going that way, Sneak Attack + Knights of the Round renders everything moot. It definitely deals more than 99999 damage since it ignores defense. And Sneak Attack goes literally before anything else, so no quick MP draining, no quick Auto-Life casting, no quick Holy War, nothing.

The only thing it couldn't kill is someone with pre-battle Auto-Life like the characters from Final Fantasy IX, but even those would be dead with just, well, a second Sneak Attack + Knights of the Round combo?

The materia system of FF7 allows you to create the most overkill setups whom no one else can beat. You can also have several Final Attack combos which are unbeatable as long as you have sufficient MP.

Breaking the HP and damage limit is nice, but it holds no candle to the potential of FF7 ^^

Forsaken Lover
12-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Doesn't Eden like blow up a galaxy or something? It's been forever since I watched that animation.

Carl the Llama
12-29-2013, 08:41 PM
Eden only deals like 22k damage, not even taking into consideration he would need to be summoned and all that time his HP would be exposed, with First Strike the summoner would still be defeated straight away.

Not even mentioning Auto Phoenix.

Sephiroth
12-29-2013, 09:02 PM
I discount DLC because its not an option to everyone in the game

Which DLC? In Lightning Returns she easily deals 999999 damage with her moves, especially Artemis Pierce. That is no DLC. I defeated the Super Boss with 100000-~845000 damage per attack.

And to be fair, any character from ff would die if they were shot up all day.

Not they would not.

... Zack was a strong soldier, but I think it's safe to say that his will was weaker than Cloud ...

Sorry but that is wrong. It is not safe to say that. The Ultimania Omega states Cloud's will to be weak and Zack's not.

Mercen-X
12-29-2013, 11:52 PM
I respond with Zack
He can literally defeat sephiroth with a single punch, and he punches a goddess to a bloody pulp.

Zack's default weapon is his sword and it's expected to be his primary means of attack. Cloud could easily punch people with Goblin Punch.

Shall we assume this is going by Dissidia rules.?

In any case, my vote would either be to VII Compilation, XIII Trilogy, IV and After (lol), X/X-2, or Type-0.

Carl the Llama
12-30-2013, 12:29 AM
@Carl The Llama

If you're going that way, Sneak Attack + Knights of the Round renders everything moot. It definitely deals more than 99999 damage since it ignores defense. And Sneak Attack goes literally before anything else, so no quick MP draining, no quick Auto-Life casting, no quick Holy War, nothing.

The only thing it couldn't kill is someone with pre-battle Auto-Life like the characters from Final Fantasy IX, but even those would be dead with just, well, a second Sneak Attack + Knights of the Round combo?

The materia system of FF7 allows you to create the most overkill setups whom no one else can beat. You can also have several Final Attack combos which are unbeatable as long as you have sufficient MP.

Breaking the HP and damage limit is nice, but it holds no candle to the potential of FF7 ^^

You know, I never even considered this point, glad you did though, I'd much rather my favourite win then X ^^

Skyblade
12-30-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm going to go with the cast of the Tactics games, especially Advance and A2.

While they may not have Auto-Phoenix (an ability I never used anyway, since it depends on consumables), they have everything else they need. Easily the most versatile and powerful of the teams. Between some of the easiest access to crippling status effects (Zombie, Stone, Instant-KO, Sleep + Doom, and the most accurate Stop in the series), and the utterly insane versatility they have, I think they could stand up to pretty much anyone.

Especially the Viera. Camouflage makes them invisible in the melee, until they take action. They can sit and wait while the big summons and flashy attacks play out around them, while sniping individual units with moves like Rockseal or Last Breath, then vanishing back into the shadows.

Plus, if you toss fighters into the FF Tactics systems, you realize that a lot of the most powerful Limit Breaks have range issues.

Hollycat
12-30-2013, 02:43 PM
I respond with Zack

Zack's default weapon is his sword and it's expected to be his primary means of attack. Cloud could easily punch people with Goblin Punch.

Shall we assume this is going by Dissidia rules.?

In any case, my vote would either be to VII Compilation, XIII Trilogy, IV and After (lol), X/X-2, or Type-0.

Actually, Costly punch is the usual default weapon for most people on subsequent playthroughs. And you can't compare the strength of Costly punch to goblin punch, one does maybe a few hundred damage, the other one will almost always go past the second damage limit of 100,000.

Edit: also, unlike cloud, Zack doesn't ever use the sharp edge of his sword, he always hits with the blunt side. Therefore, he is doing more damage with a lesser attack.

Carl the Llama
12-30-2013, 11:53 PM
Zack doesn't ever use the sharp edge of his sword, he always hits with the blunt side. Therefore, he is doing more damage with a lesser attack.

Zack got killed by a couple of shinra guys. g_SgvAb8W9M

Sure CC made him look like an all action hero, killing all those shinra army grunts, but tbh Cloud could have done the same, they were weak grunts with tiny HP, hell even level 7 Cloud could 1 hit these guys >.>

Zacks death in the original was a lot more stark and they only made him out to be some great American Hero just to milk the game.

Psychotic
12-31-2013, 01:47 PM
Barret, Vincent and Squall. Always bring a gun to a sword fight.

Hollycat
12-31-2013, 01:54 PM
Zack doesn't ever use the sharp edge of his sword, he always hits with the blunt side. Therefore, he is doing more damage with a lesser attack.

Zack got killed by a couple of shinra guys. g_SgvAb8W9M

Sure CC made him look like an all action hero, killing all those shinra army grunts, but tbh Cloud could have done the same, they were weak grunts with tiny HP, hell even level 7 Cloud could 1 hit these guys >.>

Zacks death in the original was a lot more stark and they only made him out to be some great American Hero just to milk the game.
Even in crisis core, that scene is almost the same. After fighting off thousands of soldiers and dodging missles, he is killed by the last two soldiers.

Carl the Llama
12-31-2013, 03:19 PM
Even in crisis core, that scene is almost the same. After fighting off thousands of soldiers and dodging missles, he is killed by the last two soldiers.

Cloud was stronger than Zack by virtue of everything he overcame. He didn't resist the influence of Jenova the way the strongest SOLDIERS like Zack did (nor did he become a mindless drone like the Sephiroth clones); he overcame it. In doing so, he became the most powerful person alive, which he proves by outright annihilating Sephiroth in their one on one battle at the end of FFVII. Zack was a strong soldier, but I think it's safe to say that his will was weaker than Cloud, and that's why even when Cloud was a wimp, he turned defeat into victory (by pulling Sephiroth's sword out of himself and throwing it [and Sephiroth] into the lifestream).

Zack was as strong as he was going to get, I think. And it wasn't enough to beat the newly awakened Sephiroth at Nibelheim. We all saw how strong Cloud became.

Besides, Sneak Attack+KotR would outright destroy Zack.

Note: Sneak Attack didn't exist in CC.

Mercen-X
01-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Crisis Core is merely Cloud's attempt to redeem himself by giving Zack a better memory than the one story he told. Crisis Core isn't a literal prequel like Before Crisis. It's all a memory (memories being unreliable).

Ayen
01-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Crisis Core is merely Cloud's attempt to redeem himself by giving Zack a better memory than the one story he told. Crisis Core isn't a literal prequel like Before Crisis. It's all a memory (memories being unreliable).

It is? Since when? I don't remember this being mentioned anywhere in the game.