PDA

View Full Version : MMOs are a completionist's nightmare (FFXIV version)

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-27-2013, 12:07 AM
MMOs are different from regular console games because the vast worlds have so much more to do in them that you just can't get a perfect playthrough.

I didn't play 1.0 and I didn't pre-order the game, so I knew right away there were already a few items I would never be able to have.

At some point during my playthrough I had a quest disappear on me (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/152892-had-quest-disappear-me.html), and that's always sort of bugged me. But I remind myself "I wasn't going to be able to get everything anyway".

Are there any quests or tasks you would like to do but just don't have the time for? I would like to play as every type of job class and get a feel for them but there's no way I've got the time to level and experience that much.

It's all I can do as it is to beat the game with my lancer (just turned dragoon!), and I'm pretty happy with how that's turning out so far :)

Do you do all the quests that come along or do you just stick to the main story? Maybe a mix of both?

Jessweeee♪
12-27-2013, 01:58 AM
I stick to the main story apart from quests that give out unlockables or other cool things with the thought that I'll do them when leveling another class.

I probably won't.