PDA

View Full Version : Holzoff and Yamski

Jiro
12-27-2013, 09:16 AM
I would love to know more about Yamski and Holzoff's adventure. I mean, it was clearly short lived, but why were they exploring? Fun? Profit?

I wonder what the nature of their relationship is. I mean, I would be distraught if one of my friends cut their rope while we were climbing, but I'm not sure I would dedicate my life to warning what few travellers there might be of the dangers. Holzoff hasn't been home to his wife in over twenty years; she thinks he is dead, lost in the mountains, a frozen corpse.

Given how fucking desolate everything is, I cannot -- cannot -- understand why Holzoff didn't just take his ass back to Icicle Inn which has like a 99.9% chance of seeing anybody destined for the great glacier. It's just fucking retarded.

So yeah my theory is that there was a little brokeback ice mountain going on and Yamski's death has completely shatterd Holzoff's resolve so much that he can't ever return home. That Final Fantasy VII abridged series lends some "weight" to the idea too! (I don't have a link but look it up, quality shit.)

Psychotic
12-27-2013, 09:41 AM
Yeah Holzoff's a dick - he could've at least swung by to say hi to his wife once in the past twenty years if he's that set on rescuing people who try to climb the cliffs. Still, kind of a badass for keeping his sleeves rolled up in such blisteringly cold temperatures.

Mercen-X
01-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Good one

Christmas
12-12-2022, 01:18 PM
Wtf?