PDA

View Full Version : Cake Everywhere!

Ashi
12-27-2013, 03:36 PM
So what is your favorite flavor of cake?
Are you a cake person? At what occasion do you actually eat cake?

I'm not a cake person at all and when I do have a sweet tooth craving, cake is the last thing I would ever think of consuming- that is if I do at all.

However, at some occasions I do have cake. My friends have brought me cake a few times this past year. Once it was a vanilla cake and the other time it was red velvet. I used to make chocolate mint cake that ironically I was the only person that enjoyed them! I tend to also like chocolate or cookies n cream (or oreo) flavored cakes.

So, how about you?

Edit: Wow! There is a food forum here! How did I not realize this!

Shorty
12-27-2013, 04:25 PM
Red velvet! I tried making a red velvet cake recently but it wasn't very velvety. :( Carrot cake is a good alternative. And yes, I am a cake person.

Ashi
12-27-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm sure your red velvet cakes will get better with more practice!

Oooh carrot cake! I knew there was a flavor I forgot. Carrot cake is a really good one too!

Shorty
12-27-2013, 04:57 PM
I hope so! It was my first time making it so I went ith a boxed recipe that I tried to doctor up a litle bit. Next time I think I'll go from scratch.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-27-2013, 05:10 PM
I do like cake, but I only eat it pretty rarely. Maybe 2 or 3 times a year. Carrot cake is probably my default answer for favorite kind of cake, but it really just depends on my mood. Oftentimes, I just like a simple chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. I also quite like pineapple upside down cake.

I've never tried baking a cake before. Really, I've only baked one thing once, and that was some delicious pumpkin muffins I made from scratch. I should try to bake a cake someday.

Calliope
12-27-2013, 05:14 PM
I eat cake kind of rarely, because I usually have to make it myself and then I'm stuck with an entire cake, which isn't as easy to give away as cupcakes or cookies. Chocolate, lemon and carrot are all flavours I make - I'm having trouble thinking of cakes beyond that, to be honest!

Pumpkin
12-27-2013, 05:18 PM
My favorite cake is Black Forest cake. Delicious. I enjoy many kinds of cake.

Ashi
12-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Black forest cake brings me so many memories! I don't like it myself but my good friend used to love it when we were in school. Sometimes after classes we'd go to a cafe where she could have cake!

Minami
12-27-2013, 10:53 PM
My favorite cake is Black Forest cake. Delicious. I enjoy many kinds of cake.

Black forest is definitely the best! we had a black forest Christmas tree shaped cake for Christmas!

I also love carrot cake

Spooniest
12-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Pie 4 lyyyyyyyyyfe

Jess
12-29-2013, 04:48 PM
I love a standard Victoria sponge. Mmmm.

fire_of_avalon
12-29-2013, 05:19 PM
Red velvet! I tried making a red velvet cake recently but it wasn't very velvety. :( Carrot cake is a good alternative. And yes, I am a cake person.
Add more oil/fat to your cake. Red velvet cakes dry out because of the added food coloring.

In general, if your cakes run dry, you can also try adding fruit purees like applesauce, crushed pineapple, or mashed banana, but I wouldn't do this for a red velvet cake because it will alter the flavor pretty significantly.

Ashi
01-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Today I'm going to try a pistachio and rose cake! Apparently they're popular around here but I've never had it.

Not a fan of pistachio but since there's rose in the mix why not!

Miriel
01-06-2014, 10:21 AM
I really really really want a slice of cake right now.

I love all cakes. Favorites include red velvet, chocolate fudge, and Boston cream. But really, I will take any cake as long as it's not carrot.

Night Fury
01-06-2014, 10:35 AM
I loooooove cake! Lemon is a favourite of mine, but really I will eat any kind. I find chocolate cakes can sometimes just be so dry.

My cake pet peeve is a terrible ratio of frosting to cake. I find frosting to sometimes be so sickly and so many places use just too much that I usually end up wiping half of it off. I need to have more cake than frosting per bite - not even amounts, and not too little.

Cloudane
01-06-2014, 11:45 AM
I love cake! But can't really touch it at the moment because weight loss. And can rarely touch it in future because not wanting to pile it all back on (and I only have to smell things like cake to gain a pound, it seems)

Chocolate and banana are where it's at.

Bubba
01-06-2014, 11:57 AM
It's got to be a nice chocolate gateau for me. Chocolate cake is just the ultimate and all else pales in comparison.

Carrot cake? Well, I would go with carrot... but I'd be thinking of chocolate.

Cloudane
01-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Well, I would go with carrot... but I'd be thinking of chocolate.

I now have an urge to put this here.

zKy8CzX4TEU

Bubba
01-06-2014, 12:58 PM
I can't access that video from work but if it's the opening scene from series 3 of Red Dwarf then you are my new favourite person.

Cloudane
01-06-2014, 01:24 PM
I can't access that video from work but if it's the opening scene from series 3 of Red Dwarf then you are my new favourite person.

We're nuts. This is an insane conversation. ;)

starlet
01-08-2014, 01:03 AM
cheesecake is the best cake :kakapo: