PDA

View Full Version : JAWS

Ayen
12-28-2013, 06:05 AM
I'm just going to keep making topics of old games I played to see who else is familiar with them, and until the inevitable "You're old" comments start.

We're going to need a bigger console!

JAWS was a video game for the NES by LJN and came out the same time as JAWS 4. At the time I played the game I never heard of the movie so I just thought it was a game about exploring the sea and battling sharks. When you run into JAWS multiple times I just thought it was a different shark. Hence the plural of jaw. Also, for one reason or another, I thought the scuba dive man was a gold fish that shot white balls at other fishes and the likes.

I don't know what I was smoking at the time but it must have been some good stuff.

Discuss.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-28-2013, 06:10 AM
Oh LJN...

I've never played Jaws but I've seen some videos about it. It looks pretty awful to me. I should try to play it someday anyways just for fun.

Elskidor
12-28-2013, 06:50 AM
I've never played it, but I've seen the movie a few times. It's easily a A grade film if that counts!! Oh...and there is this...

Must Love Jaws - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBdxa1cTOSQ)

Del Murder
12-28-2013, 10:39 AM
I had this game. I killed Jaws...once. You have to kill him multiple times to win though. Also when you kill him you go to this really hard mini-game to harpoon him. That game was hard. Games were hard back then. :sweat:

Ayen
12-28-2013, 05:21 PM
I vaguely remember the harpoon shot, I just don't remember if it was me or my brother playing when I saw it.